Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBO Skips Khurtsidze, Installs Canelo as Saunders' Mandatory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WBO is soooo corrupt.. should be on of the main orgs

Comment

The only way the WBO can fix this mess is to give Saunders 90 days from his last fight, to defend against Canelo! If Canelo decides to fight someone else, then Khurtsidze gets the fight! It's not fair that both Saunders and Canelo get to hold their spots for months/years without fighting their mandatory!

Comment

It's the WBO, nothing new here just ask Sadam Ali when he wasn't just #1 like Khurtsidze, but the actual mandatory to Tim Bradley. Pacquiao came along and bumped Ali right out of his spot.

The WBO already had the policy of a champ from a lower division being a mandatory for the champ in the next division up if they so desire. When Quillin vacated to avoid Korobov, the WBO offered Demetrius Andrade a shot vs Korobov for the vacant title. Andrade wanted the RN money though.

Khurtsidze has sat on his ass since March. Screw him. He should've went out and cemented his spot with an eliminator. When Tommy Langford turned down the eliminator, Khurtsidze should've insisted on someone else instead of thinking he had the golden ticket to BJS.

Comment

Saunders is Warren's fighter and WBO prez Valcarcel is Warren's puppet.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
            Would Canelo get him more than $3m? I'm not sure about that

Especially considering that Golovkin would fight BJS in the UK and live on primetime BT Sport, whereas the Canelo fight would have to be on American soil
            Well we already saw that K2 wouldn't even think about paying $3 million. So I highly doubt they'll do it now.

Comment

GTFOH. So you virtually don't have to fight or do much of anything to become mandatory now, you well with the exception of those guys actually fighting in the division.

Comment

Khurtsidze can't get a break to save hizazz. If Canelo gets his Saunders fight, it's almost a guarantee he gets the title. Then we all know what's next.

Comment

How is this surprising to anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                    Would Canelo get him more than $3m? I'm not sure about that

Especially considering that Golovkin would fight BJS in the UK and live on primetime BT Sport, whereas the Canelo fight would have to be on American soil
                    If Warren could afford that he would've did it already. They're wanting an offer from GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      How is this surprising to anyone?
                      Just because it's "business as usual," we all should condemn it each and every time! When a cop shoots a fleeing, unarmed, Black man, or kills him in a choke hold, I'm not surprised, but I condemn their actions each and every time!

Comment

Working...
                      X