No announcement yet.

Kov/SOG = success! GGG/Lemieux = flop!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Kovalev-Ward was on Sky Sports in the UK, on PPV in Australia, was broadcast on Televisa, on Canal Space for most of Latin America, PolSat in Poland, and a host of other channels around the world (my guess is that there was also a Canadian broadcaster for the fight).

To flatly say that Golovkin is this monster star in the rest of the world, with literally no proof to even hint at that statement being true, is reckless.
    kafkod never lets a few facts stand in the way of his ballgaggery.

Comment

Kovalev-Ward was on Sky Sports in the UK, on PPV in Australia, was broadcast on Televisa, on Canal Space for most of Latin America, PolSat in Poland, and a host of other channels around the world (my guess is that there was also a Canadian broadcaster for the fight).

To flatly say that Golovkin is this monster star in the rest of the world, with literally no proof to even hint at that statement being true, is reckless.
      I didn't say he was a monster star, I said he has more fans and a higher profile worldwide than Kovalev and Ward, which is true, and I'd bet money that GGG/Lemieux brought in more money internationally than Kovalev/Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
        kafkod never lets a few facts stand in the way of his ballgaggery.
        I'll never be a lying troll like you and skippy.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          I'll never be a lying troll like you and skippy.
          but you are a racist ball gagger.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            I didn't say he was a monster star
            This is all you've been saying all year

Hilarious to see you back track all the "GGG stardom" you've been saying.

I mean how else can you make the demands GGG makes against Canelo if he's not the mega star you've been saying he is?

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
              This is all you've been saying all year

Hilarious to see you back track all the "GGG stardom" you've been saying.

I mean how else can you make the demands GGG makes against Canelo if he's not the mega star you've been saying he is?
              What demands are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
                Ward is one of my favorite fighters but I know him and Golovkin are equal on how known they are to the casuals, Golovkin can sell out the forum arena and Ward can sell out the Oracle arena
                Being heard of...
                Being heard of because you put on a show when fighting...
                Being heard of because you yap on about that person you ducked whilst trying to pretend you really wanted to fight but the only goal here is to boost name....
                Being supported because people like you...
                Being supported because Mayweather has retired and told you to support this guy...

Damn, how different these two guys are!
                GGG has earned his right and status as one of the top guys whereas Ward has been handed out gimmes and world title belts like they were freaking food stamps

GGG wins via KO, Ward didn't even sell out that damn Oracle stadium and there were empty seats in that arena with Kovalev too bad Ward would have been too scared to fight over in Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                  but you are a racist ball gagger.
                  Ward ducked the Carl Froch rematch, Mikkel Kessler rematch, GGG fight and Adonis Stevenson fight he also showed no ambition to make the Lucian Bute fight... Like the name goes its just the facts.

Comment

To watch Ward-Kovalev in Australia, existing Foxtel subscribers needed to purchase the fight itself for a premium of about $50.

I'd be surprised if many did that as it barely caused a ripple here.

Not sure why HBO did it that way as all GGG fights are shown "free" to existing Foxtel subscribers

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      I didn't say he was a monster star, I said he has more fans and a higher profile worldwide than Kovalev and Ward, which is true, and I'd bet money that GGG/Lemieux brought in more money internationally than Kovalev/Ward.
                      Based on what? Russia apparently shelled out a good amount on money to get the live/re-air rights to Kovalev-Ward (I doubt that Golovkin's fight had any Russian TV) and Sky Sports is a significantly bigger platform in the UK than BoxNation.

You add that there was nary any mention of Canadian PPV anywhere, and you can't simply assume that the money was bigger just because.

If you can point to a market where Golovkin's money wasn't offset somewhere else by Kovalev-Ward, let me know. And that's before pointing out that, on just the initial projections, Kovalev-Ward did at least $5m more on US PPV than Golovkin-Lemieux did.

Comment

Working...
                      X