Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kov/SOG = success! GGG/Lemieux = flop!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kov/SOG = success! GGG/Lemieux = flop!

Everyday you learn new things. Ward's last outing against Kov was a commercial success according to the same people who kept saying that GGG's PPV debut was a flop even though both fights did similar PPV-numbers according to the exact same source Kevin Iole.

Now, all of a sudden, foreign tv rights also play a role, although everyone and his dog know that GGG is far superior to Ward and Kov in that department.

I think racism was never so obvious.

I recall most people on NSB responding to the 160k PPV numbers when it was announced saying it was disappointing. Care to say who is suggesting otherwise?

Comment

To be fair Kovalev brought the audience and PPV

Comment

Who the hell is claiming it was a success?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Objectivity View Post
          To be fair Kovalev brought the audience and PPV
          Doesn't seem likely given the largely pro-Ward crowd reactions and SOG chants.

Regardless of who brang which fans in with them though the PPV numbers were not exciting. I wasn't expecting the PPV sales to be huge but dam 160k was definitely a modest showing.

Comment

GGG/Lemieux made money
            Kov/Ward lost money

Making money is worse than losing money

Comment

Ward is one of my favorite fighters but I know him and Golovkin are equal on how known they are to the casuals, Golovkin can sell out the forum arena and Ward can sell out the Oracle arena

Comment

The fact that Golovkin fans see Ward (a guy they claim is a nobody) as a rival in his drawing power shows you how much of a draw Golovkin really is (he isn't).

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
                  Ward is one of my favorite fighters but I know him and Golovkin are equal on how known they are to the casuals, Golovkin can sell out the forum arena and Ward can sell out the Oracle arena

Comment

canela fan boys were saying ggg lemuix flopped its true but the difference here is nela has some serious nut huggers, you cant take nela fans serious.

Comment

Working...
                    X