No announcement yet.

Loma on his way has not past ward, kovalev and chocolatito p4p

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    So Leonard didn't prove his greatness finding a way to beat hearns?

Did chocolatito not prove his by pulling out a close fight over cuadras and Estrada

Loma has not faced the level of competition they have so I choose not to anoint him just yet

I like to see how a fighter reacts to what he usually does is not working.

RG, kov, ward have been I'm tougher , have they not? No disrespect to hi tech but I can't see them losing to the equivalent of salido either
    he fought salido in his 2nd pro fight, who did them 3 fight in there 2nd pro fight? Gary russell and nicholas walters are world class fighers, why are they getting shat on now that they lost to loma.

Comment

Skillwise, most definitely

Once he fights more top fighters he can surpass them. Its premature considering how proven they are
      hes fought two top fighters and dominated them both. stop making out hes fought bums. If youre going to say kovalev lost to ward, then what world class fighers has kovalev beat? Old man hopkins and jean pascal?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        Resume and pound for pound are two entirely different things. Resume is what a boxer has already done. Pound for pound is how good you think a boxer is for his weight right now and what you think he is capable of doing today. Unless the fighters actually fight each other pound for pound can never be proven and is just personal opinion. Ward and Kovalev just fought each other and people still don't agree who ranks higher pound for pound. You have the right to rank Loma wherever you think he belongs pound for pound. Others also have the right to rank Loma wherever they think he belongs including 1st place. In pound for pound there are no right or wrong answers. There are only different opinions. Probably no two boxing fans in the world have the same exact same pound for pound top 10 list in the same order.
        As of yet he hasn't fought a p4p or near type guy

The eye test is awesome but you're only as good as who you fight

He has 0 wins over the #1 guy in his division's

While the other guys have fought several elite guys, unified belts etc

Comment

Skillwise, most definitely

Once he fights more top fighters he can surpass them. Its premature considering how proven they are
          You are confusing pound for pound with resume. Pound for pound doesn't have to be proven by what the boxer has already done. Pound for pound is just how good you THINK a boxer is for his pounds and what you believe he can do right now. He doesn't have to have already done it for you to rank him high. You only have to believe he can do it. For instance Spence has yet to beat good enough welterweights to be ranked number 1 at 147. That's resume. I believe Spence can beat any welterweight alive so I rank him higher pound for pound than any other welterweight. That's the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashowf View Post
            hes fought two top fighters and dominated them both. stop making out hes fought bums. If youre going to say kovalev lost to ward, then what world class fighers has kovalev beat? Old man hopkins and jean pascal?
            Why so emo

Who called them bums

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              You are confusing pound for pound with resume. Pound for pound doesn't have to be proven by what the boxer has already done. Pound for pound is just how good you THINK a boxer is for his pounds and what you believe he can do right now. He doesn't have to have already done it for you to rank him high. You only have to believe he can do it. For instance Spence has yet to beat good enough welterweights to be ranked number 1 at 147. That's resume. I believe Spence can beat any welterweight alive so I rank him higher pound for pound than any other welterweight. That's the difference.
              So who how will you know how good a fighter is fighting no names? Resume goes hand and hand with p4p

When a fighter someone likes resume don't measure up then they try to minimize the importance

Eye test is a small part

Comment

I'm not a fan of Lomachenko but Walters, Russel Jr, Martinez and a close loss to Salido.

That's a pretty solid resume.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  I'm not a fan of Lomachenko but Walters, Russel Jr, Martinez and a close loss to Salido.

Dam why wouldn't you be

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Very solid

Just not enough to pass them yet

Comment

So WARd kov and choco haven't beaten better opposition?

All have won more major titles beaten more champs. Showed they could deal with adversity. Loma failed that test vs salido

RG in 4 divisions

Loma skillwise is top tier but until he beats a p4p level guy or just runs through top guys like the did, he is under them for now

He has the talent to clean out 130 n pick up a belt @ 135

Sorry bro but ward, kov n RG aren't losing to a salido level guy until their clearly past prime.
                      they'd have lost to a salido type guy if they fought a fringe world level fighter in there 2nd fight. Hell kovalev drew to boone early on in career, ward got dropped by boone early on in career

Comment

Working...
                      X