• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loma on his way has not past ward, kovalev and chocolatito p4p

Loma is one of the most skillful

Hi-tech, bible of boxing, whatever you wanna call him, he is the goods

All 4 fighters have different strengths and weaknesses

Loma has not fought the level of competition they have yet and yes he lost to salido. RG, kov, and ward don't have a loss to a fighter of that calibre

Nor has he had to pull out close fights like RG and Ward. They proved their greatness by showing they could adapt, come back. Kov was just a flat out dominant champ who went blow for blow with another top p4p guy

Loma hasn't yet

He maybe the proven p4p soon just not yet

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    Loma is one of the most skillful

Hi-tech, bible of boxing, whatever you wanna call him, he is the goods

All 4 fighters have different strengths and weaknesses

Loma has not fought the level of competition they have yet and yes he lost to salido. RG, kov, and ward don't have a loss to a fighter of that calibre

Nor has he had to pull out close fights like RG and Ward. They proved their greatness by showing they could adapt, come back.
    Kov was just a flat out dominant champ who went blow for blow with another top p4p guy

Loma hasn't yet

He maybe the proven p4p soon just not yet
    oh right, so its now seen as better to struggle against an opponent than win every round against them, i see...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        oh right, so its now seen as better to struggle against an opponent than win every round against them, i see...
        So Leonard didn't prove his greatness finding a way to beat hearns?

Did chocolatito not prove his by pulling out a close fight over cuadras and Estrada

Loma has not faced the level of competition they have so I choose not to anoint him just yet

I like to see how a fighter reacts to what he usually does is not working.

RG, kov, ward have been I'm tougher , have they not? No disrespect to hi tech but I can't see them losing to the equivalent of salido either

Comment

There's an argument. Blowing away Walters like that firmly places him among those names, and I won't argue too hard against people who think he's better.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
            So WARd kov and choco haven't beaten better opposition?

All have won more major titles beaten more champs. Showed they could deal with adversity. Loma failed that test vs salido

RG in 4 divisions

Loma skillwise is top tier but until he beats a p4p level guy or just runs through top guys like the did, he is under them for now

He has the talent to clean out 130 n pick up a belt @ 135

Sorry bro but ward, kov n RG aren't losing to a salido level guy until their clearly past prime.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              There's an argument. Blowing away Walters like that firmly places him among those names, and I won't argue too hard against people who think he's better.
              Skillwise, most definitely

Once he fights more top fighters he can surpass them. Its premature considering how proven they are

Comment

I agree.......

Comment

if he had the ward judges, he would have pulled out a close fight against salido

Comment

Resume and pound for pound are two entirely different things. Resume is what a boxer has already done. Pound for pound is how good you think a boxer is for his weight right now and what you think he is capable of doing today. Unless the fighters actually fight each other pound for pound can never be proven and is just personal opinion. Ward and Kovalev just fought each other and people still don't agree who ranks higher pound for pound. You have the right to rank Loma wherever you think he belongs pound for pound. Others also have the right to rank Loma wherever they think he belongs including 1st place. In pound for pound there are no right or wrong answers. There are only different opinions. Probably no two boxing fans in the world have the same exact same pound for pound top 10 list in the same order.

Comment

Working...
                    X