Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is erislandy lara made out to be such a great fighter on here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Canelo Alvarez commits to fighting inside in a way that Golovkin has never fathomed fighting. People always ignore the point, but the only time that Golovkin seems confident to throw anything is if he's at midrange and his opponent is in front of him; if he's long, he simply stalks forward, and if he's in close, he's quite likely to engage a clinch/turtle up.

Brook got wobbled with the shot in the first round, but he didn't go down, fought his way back into the fight, and was on the cusp of making things real interesting, had his eye socket not failed him. Brook did end up having the fight called off on his feet, so it's not like he folded either.

With Lara happy to keep the fight long and on his toes, and Golovkin not really like to do much of anything on the inside, the pattern of the potential fight seems well set to me; Lara, keeping busy with his lead jab, fires straight shots to the head and body from range, Golovkin tries to stalk Lara down, Golovkin gets to the range he likes and looks to fire, only for Lara to spin back out and get back to distance. rinse/cycle/repeat.

Golovkin may be able to get off a big shot and change things, but I'm still unconvinced that his actual punch power is all that.

Just sit back and watch the fight: Lara-Angulo and Alvarez-Lara are both available, in their entirety, online, among other fights. Maybe there are examples elsewhere, but I've never seen Golovkin utilize any of the skills needed that made those fights go the way they did.
    You can't beat ggg only fighting off the back foot which lara only does you dummy.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      im confused cause the guy drew with molina, got dropped twice by angulo, drew to martisoryan and lost to a plodding canelo (the type of style lara should excel against). Yet i dont think ive seen a fantasy match up where this guys tipped to lose in yet? And apparantly golovkins running from him, yet all the above guys did okay against him at junior middleweight? I wouldnt exactly have lara at the top of the pecking order at junior middleweight, would think someone like andrade wouldnt have too many problems against him. So why is this guy so highly rated on this site? Maybe im wrong and lara in real life towers over brook, but i would think that they are a pretty similar size yet one is apparantly GGG's kryptonite whilst the other one is way too small and it was a 'circus fight'? Do people just automatically think a slick fighter is amazing without watching his fights or examining his record? Or are some of you just talking **** for the sake of it. I genuinely dont understand why people are making him out to be the boogeyman lol
      He's a slick boxer with pretty high ring IQ.

He beat Canelo on my card.

Angulo may not be rated very highly but at one point he was a threat, and he has the power to stop anyone, there is no shame in getting dropped by a shot from Angulo.

I won't comment on your GGG comments, as a fellow GGG fan you troll too much and really say some silly chit sometimes.

Comment

and to everyone raving about lara, if GGG does ever fight him i dont want you to start changing your tunes 'oh he fighting a smaller man again' 'lara is canelos leftovers' etc
        maybe, doesn't change the fact that Lara is head and shoulders above anyone g string has fought. As seems to always be the case with every quality opponent a Lara/g string fight just can't be made

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
          You can't beat ggg only fighting off the back foot which lara only does you dummy.
          Erislandy Lara broke up Alfredo Angulo's face by driving through that constant straight left, so not sure what you're talking about.

Whenever Golovkin has ever been put in a fight where his opponent doesn't choose to sit there and get teed off on, Golovkin looks utterly beatable.

Comment

Canelo Alvarez commits to fighting inside in a way that Golovkin has never fathomed fighting. People always ignore the point, but the only time that Golovkin seems confident to throw anything is if he's at midrange and his opponent is in front of him; if he's long, he simply stalks forward, and if he's in close, he's quite likely to engage a clinch/turtle up.

Brook got wobbled with the shot in the first round, but he didn't go down, fought his way back into the fight, and was on the cusp of making things real interesting, had his eye socket not failed him. Brook did end up having the fight called off on his feet, so it's not like he folded either.

With Lara happy to keep the fight long and on his toes, and Golovkin not really like to do much of anything on the inside, the pattern of the potential fight seems well set to me; Lara, keeping busy with his lead jab, fires straight shots to the head and body from range, Golovkin tries to stalk Lara down, Golovkin gets to the range he likes and looks to fire, only for Lara to spin back out and get back to distance. rinse/cycle/repeat.

Golovkin may be able to get off a big shot and change things, but I'm still unconvinced that his actual punch power is all that.

Just sit back and watch the fight: Lara-Angulo and Alvarez-Lara are both available, in their entirety, online, among other fights. Maybe there are examples elsewhere, but I've never seen Golovkin utilize any of the skills needed that made those fights go the way they did.
            sorry to say. that's not true at all. brook had success early, but to say he was on his way to making things interesting is a false analogy of the fight.

Comment

and to everyone raving about lara, if GGG does ever fight him i dont want you to start changing your tunes 'oh he fighting a smaller man again' 'lara is canelos leftovers' etc
              Lara is about GGG size ,and everybody who beat Lara deserv Credit, you are wrong saying that Cuban cyclist will dance after first shot ,Maybe his passion is to ride a bike but he have some chin .

Comment

Erislandy Lara broke up Alfredo Angulo's face by driving through that constant straight left, so not sure what you're talking about.

Whenever Golovkin has ever been put in a fight where his opponent doesn't choose to sit there and get teed off on, Golovkin looks utterly beatable.
                We should forget all hypothetical scenarios. Let's just go what we know about both fighters and accuracy. People seem to forget that timed shots cause more damage..

Golovkin: Times his shots, sets himself in place, fires...accurate.
                Lara: Times his shots, sets himself in place, fires....acurate.

They are both technical fighters. The reality is that Lara has a serious work rate and knows how to control the ring being followed. He'll pot shot just to not allow his opponent setup into position! Golovkin can only intimidate that works well for him, but Lara's reach he has never faced against that can pot shot causing Golovkin to hardly get into position...Lara's jab range control is what this is all about. Lara can tame a lion.

For those saying Angulo is slow, Angulo is just as fast if not faster that GGG in his performance against Lara. Lastly, it's very immature to think that Lara's power won't increase proportionally like ATG power. At 160 acclimated, Lara will hit harder than he does at 154. Harder than Monroe Jr. or Brook....most likely...

Comment

Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
                  Personally I had him winning 8 but that's whatever
                  That's the thing though at least 3 of those 8 were not decisive enough.

I think Lara is definitely top 3 in his division. He is prone to taking a couple of laps when he feels he is ahead.

I also think he has a problem of choking in big fights.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                    We should forget all hypothetical scenarios. Let's just go what we know about both fighters and accuracy. People seem to forget that timed shots cause more damage..

Golovkin: Times his shots, sets himself in place, fires...accurate.
                    Lara: Times his shots, sets himself in place, fires....acurate.

They are both technical fighters. The reality is that Lara has a serious work rate and knows how to control the ring being followed. He'll pot shot just to not allow his opponent setup into position! Golovkin can only intimidate that works well for him, but Lara's reach he has never faced against that can pot shot causing Golovkin to hardly get into position...Lara's jab range control is what this is all about. Lara can tame a lion.

For those saying Angulo is slow, Angulo is just as fast if not faster that GGG in his performance against Lara. Lastly, it's very immature to think that Lara's power won't increase proportionally like ATG power. At 160 acclimated, Lara will hit harder than he does at 154. Harder than Monroe Jr. or Brook....most likely...
                    Yea i have that feeling that Lara would counter shifting hard,poping jabs everytime Golovkin would try to set up,Reach would be big factor here,and people forget that its hard to land on Lara even when his infront of you,GGG can cut the ring but then still he have to Land and his hands are slower then Canelos and he had problems to land good shots on Lara inside,Canelos inside game is better then GGGs for Sure.

Comment

People were saying the same thing about Lara/Floyd before Golovkin. Give it time and they'll move onto someone else next.

Lara would get dominated by Floyd and destroyed by Golovkin.

Comment

Working...
                      X