Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is erislandy lara made out to be such a great fighter on here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because there is no one else for the racist trolls to talk about. So they have to hype up somebody to challenge ggg.

Comment

Got destroyed just in the first page alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        K2 tries to act as if Lara doesn't even exist.
        I do too. After the Charlo/Trout fight I switched channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
          Max Kellerman actually said GGG has unusually long arms
          I doubt that he's longer than Lara, unusual arms or not

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Yet he'd be the best fighter on GGG's resume

This. People want to see the fight AND he'd be the best name on GGG's resume. If its such an easy fight, then why is GGG ducking the chance to get a real A level guy on his resume? GGG himself stated that little welterweight Brook is the best guy he ever fought.

Almost 35 and his best win is over a B level welterweight. Brook wasnt even the best or lineal welterweight, relatively untested at that weight. What a joke.

Why not atleast get a win over the 1st/2nd super welterweight in the world?

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
              why is GGG ducking the chance to get a real A level guy on his resume?
              Because they guy he's ducking's interest only goes so far as twitter

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                wouldnt be shocked if he did fold up from the first shot tbh, hes not a middleweight, brook wasnt a middleweight, and as soon as brook got hit clean he got wobbled in round 1. If canelo (the guy with the worst footwork in boxing) managed to close the distance on lara, GGG would be on him like a rash
                Canelo Alvarez commits to fighting inside in a way that Golovkin has never fathomed fighting. People always ignore the point, but the only time that Golovkin seems confident to throw anything is if he's at midrange and his opponent is in front of him; if he's long, he simply stalks forward, and if he's in close, he's quite likely to engage a clinch/turtle up.

Brook got wobbled with the shot in the first round, but he didn't go down, fought his way back into the fight, and was on the cusp of making things real interesting, had his eye socket not failed him. Brook did end up having the fight called off on his feet, so it's not like he folded either.

With Lara happy to keep the fight long and on his toes, and Golovkin not really like to do much of anything on the inside, the pattern of the potential fight seems well set to me; Lara, keeping busy with his lead jab, fires straight shots to the head and body from range, Golovkin tries to stalk Lara down, Golovkin gets to the range he likes and looks to fire, only for Lara to spin back out and get back to distance. rinse/cycle/repeat.

Golovkin may be able to get off a big shot and change things, but I'm still unconvinced that his actual punch power is all that.

Just sit back and watch the fight: Lara-Angulo and Alvarez-Lara are both available, in their entirety, online, among other fights. Maybe there are examples elsewhere, but I've never seen Golovkin utilize any of the skills needed that made those fights go the way they did.

Comment

he is a very good fighter I don't hear anyone calling him great tho. GGG should fight him, hed be the best name on his resume

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    Canelo Alvarez commits to fighting inside in a way that Golovkin has never fathomed fighting. People always ignore the point, but the only time that Golovkin seems confident to throw anything is if he's at midrange and his opponent is in front of him; if he's long, he simply stalks forward, and if he's in close, he's quite likely to engage a clinch/turtle up.

Brook got wobbled with the shot in the first round, but he didn't go down, fought his way back into the fight, and was on the cusp of making things real interesting, had his eye socket not failed him. Brook did end up having the fight called off on his feet, so it's not like he folded either.

With Lara happy to keep the fight long and on his toes, and Golovkin not really like to do much of anything on the inside, the pattern of the potential fight seems well set to me; Lara, keeping busy with his lead jab, fires straight shots to the head and body from range, Golovkin tries to stalk Lara down, Golovkin gets to the range he likes and looks to fire, only for Lara to spin back out and get back to distance. rinse/cycle/repeat.

Golovkin may be able to get off a big shot and change things, but I'm still unconvinced that his actual punch power is all that.

Just sit back and watch the fight: Lara-Angulo and Alvarez-Lara are both available, in their entirety, online, among other fights. Maybe there are examples elsewhere, but I've never seen Golovkin utilize any of the skills needed that made those fights go the way they did.
                    ive watched all the fights. I respect your opinion but to me brook was trying to keep it at range and it didnt do him much good against GGG, he just walked through the punches. People criticise GGG way too much, he turned a potentially hard nights work into an easy 5 round demolition job. He'd do the same against lara, even if lara manages to make him look a bit clumsy at times he isnt going to land enough punches to win rounds. The whole theory sounds right with styles, but lara just isnt good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                      This. People want to see the fight AND he'd be the best name on GGG's resume. If its such an easy fight, then why is GGG ducking the chance to get a real A level guy on his resume? GGG himself stated that little welterweight Brook is the best guy he ever fought.

Almost 35 and his best win is over a B level welterweight. Brook wasnt even the best or lineal welterweight, relatively untested at that weight. What a joke.

Why not atleast get a win over the 1st/2nd super welterweight in the world?
                      and to everyone raving about lara, if GGG does ever fight him i dont want you to start changing your tunes 'oh he fighting a smaller man again' 'lara is canelos leftovers' etc

Comment

Working...
                      X