Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is erislandy lara made out to be such a great fighter on here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
    Lara gets a lot of love on here because of the P.Will robbery. Yes he was dropped by Angulo but then broke Angulos face, he redeemed the Vanes draw and quite a few felt he did enough to beat Nelo.
    including himself thats why he just stopped fighting for 5 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      Yes I'd say that he probably is a fanboy. Its a conundrum and I get dizzy arguing about it.
      not a fanboy mate. Many fighters i like and that i post about, golovkin is my favourite of the current crop admittedly but been massive fans of other fighters in past years too.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        You're like Abel. You just say the ******est things but I gotta admit you sure know how to bring a crowd and get people talking. Even though it's over something idiotic 9/10 times
        well people think i troll but i say what i genuinely think. And i dont mind if people disagree, i enjoy the banter, never put anyone on ignore and probably wont ever do

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
          Brook at the 02! Jesus Christ. 147 - 160! die hard boxing fans
          I defended that fight?

Comment

Lara is hands down the most overrated fighter on here. For someone that's got a 23-2-2 record to be heralded as this boxing genius is laughable. He's only fought at one weight class for his whole career, but unlike Golovkin he only has one belt and two L's to show for it.

However, his biggest blemish is that he went to a draw with Carlos Molina. Elite fighters don't go to draws with Carlos Molina...

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
              Lara is hands down the most overrated fighter on here. For someone that's got a 23-2-2 record to be heralded as this boxing genius is laughable. He's only fought at one weight class for his whole career, but unlike Golovkin he only has one belt and two L's to show for it.

However, his biggest blemish is that he went to a draw with Carlos Molina. Elite fighters don't go to draws with Carlos Molina...
              Elite fighters don't get hit with lead rights by the likes of Osamanu Adama.

Elite fighters don't get hit with 4 punch combos by mummies like Dominic Wade.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                Elite fighters don't get hit with lead rights by the likes of Osamanu Adama.

Elite fighters don't get hit with 4 punch combos by mummies like Dominic Wade.
                I'd rather that and WIN the fight. Then go to a draw with Carlos Molina lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                  I'd rather that and WIN the fight. Then go to a draw with Carlos Molina lmao.
                  Molina is a better fighter than the majority of GGG's opponents.

I bet Lara beats the grease of Kell Brook and would hardly get touched....let alone lifted off the canvas.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                    im confused cause the guy drew with molina, got dropped twice by angulo, drew to martisoryan and lost to a plodding canelo (the type of style lara should excel against). Yet i dont think ive seen a fantasy match up where this guys tipped to lose in yet? And apparantly golovkins running from him, yet all the above guys did okay against him at junior middleweight? I wouldnt exactly have lara at the top of the pecking order at junior middleweight, would think someone like andrade wouldnt have too many problems against him. So why is this guy so highly rated on this site? Maybe im wrong and lara in real life towers over brook, but i would think that they are a pretty similar size yet one is apparantly GGG's kryptonite whilst the other one is way too small and it was a 'circus fight'? Do people just automatically think a slick fighter is amazing without watching his fights or examining his record? Or are some of you just talking **** for the sake of it. I genuinely dont understand why people are making him out to be the boogeyman lol
                    Of the 27 professional fights that Lara has had, he's had at least 8 legit fights against top-level competition, where he's never been outclassed by anyone.

From about 2011 on, Lara has shown that he is a top-level fighter at 154, and one of the best sheer fighters in the sport.

Golovkin has had 36 fights, his sturdiest test among those fights was likely against welterweight champion Kell Brook, and Golovkin was letting shots bounce of his face throughout most of the fight.

When you don't sit in front of Golovkin and let him tee off, he's shown himself to be an okay fighter who blocks stuff with his face; do that type of **** against a proven fighter like Erislandy Lara (who would walk into the ring for said fight likely near 170lbs) and the stage is set for Golovkin to get routed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                      Molina is a better fighter than the majority of GGG's opponents.

I bet Lara beats the grease of Kell Brook and would hardly get touched....let alone lifted off the canvas.
                      Look, here are the facts.

Golovkin is undefeated: Fact

Golovkin's record is 36-0: Fact

Golovkin has fought in one division his whole career: Fact

Golovkin holds 3 of the 4 major titles: Fact

Let's look at Lara

Lara is not undefeated: Fact

Lara has a 23-2-2 record: Fact

Lara has fought in one division his whole career: Fact

Lara has only held 1 of the 4 major titles: Fact

Lara has a draw with Carlos Molina: Fact

There are levels to this game...

Comment

Working...
                      X