Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs: Loeffler Tells The WBA a Purse Bid is Needed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
    Now it gets interesting. I thought we were gonna see our first K2/Haymon purse bid when the IBF named Wade the mandatory earlier this year but Uncle Al didn't have any faith in Wade (rightfully so) and cashed him out. Jacobs is more valuable and actually has a chance (however small) vs. Golovkin.
    But he's less valuable than Wilder, and he's got a much smaller chance of winning, and he gets a far worse split. And Haymon is being a lot thriftier these days. So hard to see him winning, K2 are in the driver's seat

Comment

• Lilginas team losses the purse bid and fights jacobs on pbc.

GGG on free tv is a no brainer. Take this one hit, get more free public exposure etc.

But they wont make any sacrifices as usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        Brook made 4mil

you need to start this thread at the very beginning

and read it TWICE
        Brook and GGG sold out the O2 in 12 minutes

Jacobs and Quillin couldn't even get a sellout in their hometown arena.

Brooks and GGG had 800k viewers on HBO and 500k UK ppv buys.

Jacobs and Quillin had 400k viewers on Sho.

So just going off those numbers why does Jacobs deserve as much as Brook?

Comment

• Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
          Brook and GGG sold out the O2 in 12 minutes

Jacobs and Quillin couldn't even get a sellout in their hometown arena.

Brooks and GGG had 800k viewers on HBO and 500k UK ppv buys.

Jacobs and Quillin had 400k viewers on Sho.

So just going off those numbers why does Jacobs deserve as much as Brook?
          But you think he deserves 40% of the split?

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
            lol he's going against his own argument.jacobs does not deserve 40 percent he literally cannot sell out his own backyard.

Comment

67/33 would be ideal but at the end of the day neither team is paying me and I just want to see the fight get made. 75/25 or 50/50 whatever, the only thing that affects my bank account is whether or not its on PPV.

Comment

• Just order the purse bid already , GGG and his team get nothing from this fight you can't keep the WBA regular so just force the bid WBA, but Jacobs has a chance to walk away with 4 new belts

Comment

• Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
                  lol he's going against his own argument.jacobs does not deserve 40 percent he literally cannot sell out his own backyard.
                  Because new York breeds cowards. Fake thugs

Comment

Well 25% isnt gonna get the fight done. So somewhere 30-40% is totally reasonable. I mean what are Golovkin's other options?

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      true I suppose.....

who can really blame Golovkin for following behind the hoards of fighters who trekked over to the UK to exploit Kell Brook's super-stardom

no, wait.....

hey, why didn't any of the welters cash in on Brook's UK super-stardom ?

I'll explain this to you just one more time ... K2 didn't pay Brook's purse when he fought GGG, Brooks promoter paid Brook's purse for that fight.

By calling for a purse bid Loeffler is giving Jacob's promoter the opportunity to do what Eddie Hearn did with GGG/Brook - promote the damn fight himself and pay his fighter what he, that's JACOB'S PROMOTER, believes Danny is worth. Now what could be fairer than that?

Comment

Working...
                      X