Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs: Loeffler Tells The WBA a Purse Bid is Needed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
    Meh. Don't care for this fight.
    Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
    and fixed!
    Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
    Meh. Don't care for this fight. - Loeffler

LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post

your guy turned down 2 years pay to duck a lil ugly red kid

Comment

• It will be very interesting to see if the WBA sets an ugly precedent by breaking thier own rules on the pursesplit. I see Jacobs demand as a way to prevent the inevitable KTFO of happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          They're asking for a purse bid because they don't want the fight? It seems like Jacobs is the one who doesn't want to risk it.
          In the last 2 years, Trip has not been in one meaningful fight on the boxing landscape. Not one fight where fight fans all agreed was a good match up or important to boxing history. How long does this go before you acknowledge that the common denominator is Loeffler. Sure the other fighters share some of the blame, but solely blaming the other fighters and their promotions has to stop at some point in time. I have been following this sport for a long time, as you probably have too. How often does a promoter advocate going to purse bid? Isn't purse bid the last resort and the boxing organizations way of forcing promotions to come to an agreement? Wouldn't you say that purse bid is the avenue most likely to kill the fight?

What good does it do Trip if this fight doesn't happen? How much value is in the nobody wants to fight Trip narrative? How does this serve the fans?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
            In the last 2 years, Trip has not been in one meaningful fight on the boxing landscape. Not one fight where fight fans all agreed was a good match up or important to boxing history. How long does this go before you acknowledge that the common denominator is Loeffler. Sure the other fighters share some of the blame, but solely blaming the other fighters and their promotions has to stop at some point in time. I have been following this sport for a long time, as you probably have too. How often does a promoter advocate going to purse bid? Isn't purse bid the last resort and the boxing organizations way of forcing promotions to come to an agreement? Wouldn't you say that purse bid is the avenue most likely to kill the fight?

What good does it do Trip if this fight doesn't happen? How much value is in the nobody wants to fight Trip narrative? How does this serve the fans?
            Pursebids happen all the time. Are you sure you are correct when you claim you have followed the sport for a long time?

And just how can you blame Loeffler here?

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              Pursebids happen all the time. Are you sure you are correct when you claim you have followed the sport for a long time?

And just how can you blame Loeffler here?
              Never said purse bids are rare. I said they are the last resort and it's rare to ASK for a purse bid. Also I COULD blame Loeffler here the same way you and others have defended him. By making ASSUMPTIONS. My point is that if you NEVER see the fighter that you like in the fights that you want to see him in, blaming ALL the other guys can't be the default position. People say Alvarez will lose fans for not fighting Trip, when will Trip lose fans for not fighting a contender level fighter?

Comment

Never said purse bids are rare. I said they are the last resort and it's rare to ASK for a purse bid. Also I COULD blame Loeffler here the same way you and others have defended him. By making ASSUMPTIONS. My point is that if you NEVER see the fighter that you like in the fights that you want to see him in, blaming ALL the other guys can't be the default position. People say Alvarez will lose fans for not fighting Trip, when will Trip lose fans for not fighting a contender level fighter?
                Pursebids are asked for lots of times dude.

Oh and you haven't told me why you blame Loeffler (and for what btw) unless you blame him in this instance because you have blamed him in the past, but surely that's not a proper reasoning for an experienced fan of the sport like yourself is it? So it must be something else. Please tell.

Comment

you could make the same argument about Danny Garcia, yet you clowns dont start 20 new hate threads every day about him. Hmmm, I wonder why. Oh, its because your man-crush Haymon can do no wrong.....

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    Pursebids are asked for lots of times dude.

Oh and you haven't told me why you blame Loeffler (and for what btw) unless you blame him in this instance because you have blamed him in the past, but surely that's not a proper reasoning for an experienced fan of the sport like yourself is it? So it must be something else. Please tell.
                    you are forgetting the "its always GGGs fault" methodology. See, if Haymon calls for a purse bid for Stevenson-Kovalev, it means he is a brilliant strategist who made a "boss" chess-vs-checkers move. If Loeffler calls for a purse bid, it means he's ducking and doesnt want to make the fight.

Got it?

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                      you could make the same argument about Danny Garcia, yet you clowns dont start 20 new hate threads every day about him. Hmmm, I wonder why. Oh, its because your man-crush Haymon can do no wrong.....
                      Danny Garcia has at least moved up... what's your hard on for Lil'G? Sad #48 lost to Floyd?

he said Danny Garcia.. lol

Comment

Working...
                      X