Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs: Loeffler Tells The WBA a Purse Bid is Needed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
    Can someone please just tell me what this fight is worth? I know we got a lot of amateur promoters on here.

Say it's 50/50 and each gets 3 mil is either side willing to put up 6mil? PBC only put up 5 for Wilder/Povetkin.

Wilder got 1.25 mil viewers against Stiverne.

Jacobs got 400k against Quillin.

Not sure what GGG got against Brook but I wanna say it was around 700-800k.
    This is about in like with Wilder vs Povetkin. I'd say about 5-6mil on the table, Golovkin takes home about 60% of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      1 guy negotiated in good faith..... 1 guy forced an early purse-bid

which guy made the biggest effort ?

it took 2 days to make the Brook fight, and Brook got rich LMAOOOOOO
      All brook did was agree to terms Hearn set for Eubank jr, that was a matchroom fight everything was done by Hearn

Comment

• BTW i think a Golovkin vs Jacobs fight does great at the gate and good in veiwership. It'll probably be Golovkin's best gate as a headliner.

Comment

• Brook made 4mil

you need to start this thread at the very beginning

and read it TWICE

if anyone thinks that Golovkin took short money against Brook, they should be banished from the planet immediately

there was 9mil in purse-money (min) for that fight, and NO I do not need to check or provide a link, because that fact is plainly fkn obvious

and yet, Mr BiznessmanDoe..... he doesn't want to offer Jacobs more than "Quillin Money", and he would rather force an early purse bid..... rather than split the pot more fairly and sign that fight in 2 days, like he did with the relatively-unknown, largely-unproven, Kell Brook

sheesh you guys are dumb

Comment

• Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
            This is about in like with Wilder vs Povetkin. I'd say about 5-6mil on the table, Golovkin takes home about 60% of it.
            I'd say 60/40 between 5 mil would be fair but I think both fighter are overestimating their worth in this fight if they think they deserve more than that. But hey I'm not a promoter and don't know financials on putting a fight together. I just want them to get it done.

Comment

foolio.....

you just admitted they could do more to make the Jacobs fight LMAO
              You mean they could make Jacobs as popular in the US as Brook is in Sheffield and the UK?

Hey presto ... just like that?

Comment

• Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
                I'd say 60/40 between 5 mil would be fair but I think both fighter are overestimating their worth in this fight if they think they deserve more than that. But hey I'm not a promoter and don't know financials on putting a fight together. I just want them to get it done.
                Im with you, 100%

Comment

• Jacobs and Co. won't go through with it.

Comment

if anyone thinks that Golovkin took short money against Brook, they should be banished from the planet immediately

there was 9mil in purse-money (min) for that fight, and NO I do not need to check or provide a link, because that fact is plainly fkn obvious

and yet, Mr BiznessmanDoe..... he doesn't want to offer Jacobs more than "Quillin Money", and he would rather force an early purse bid..... rather than split the pot more fairly and sign that fight in 2 days, like he did with the relatively-unknown, largely-unproven, Kell Brook

sheesh you guys are dumb
                    hey ******, Brook got that kind of split because he brought a UK audience. Jacobs cant sell out the first 3 rows of a school bus.

Comment

sheesh you guys are dumb
                      Lol, give it up mate. Jacobs isn't even worth half of a Brook to GGG. He just isn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X