Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs: Loeffler Tells The WBA a Purse Bid is Needed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude on Sherdog still playing along:

Still wouldn't worry about the fight but I will tell you if it becomes in jeopardy. There is a concern about what the holdup is on signatures as it's been a while hence the motion to raise the purse considering Danny has negotiated in good faith. Thought this would have done over a week ago.

As I mentioned before, there's an issue on his management's end but we don't know the extent of it. I'll also say I don't blame Gennady for this.

There is no current backup opponent for the 10th. A list of approved hasn't even been asked for. He's training for GGG only.
    I wouldn't listen to anything in the media honestly. Everyone on both sides have kept it tight lipped since that youtube video over a month ago
    I'm not going to, lol.

I just want this to get done and over with. It's rare you literally agree to terms and can't get paperwork back.

Honestly, I want as many people talking about this fight as possible. Even if it's ****ting on Danny which will be the general public. Need the viewers

Fight will happen though. Danny wants it too bad which is why we've stayed cool despite delays
    Danny would have to cut off a limb to make 54. No chance on our end going below 60 at all
    I've honestly seen him worse. The Ishe Smith fight by far takes the cake. We hoped to go BJS, GGG and Canelo at 60. You would need a Supreme Court ruling to get BJS to fight so it GGG and Canelo. After that 68.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      Fuck the Quillins, Wades and Monroe JNRs. How much is 1 Jacobs worth?

Answer - exactly 1 Quillin. So why is Jacobs not happy being offered more than he is actually worth?

why can't lil'G (and his hopeless fanbase) stop fixating on rubbish excuses and actually make a meaningful fight?

just pay the guy you hopeless fkn wannabe's

actually do something worth a damn, instead of talking endless shht, and making endless excuses

I just want to them to finally make 1 meaningful fight..... and I'm not even convinced that Jacobs is that meaningful to be honest, but they can't even get that fight done

Ward got insulted/overlooked
      Lara got insulted/ignored
      Cotto got curiously ignored (WTF?) why on earth would Mr AnyoneFrom154-168 totally refuse to negotiate with lil 153lb Cotto - who was his best possible payday, bar NONE
      Canelo got refused TWICE, over weight and money
      Saunders got low-balled
      Jacobs got offered Quillin money, manipulated by purse-bid

and yet.....

Kell Brook got turned into a multi-millionaire

nobody see anything wrong with that picture ?

oh, but Golovkin aint a businessman..... no way..... none of that risk/reward businessman shht happening with him..... no way nope LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
        Kell Brook is a huge attraction in the UK. Unknown welterweight? HAHAHA! Brook generated that attraction in the UK. Golovkin piggy backed off Brook there.
        You obviously didn't read the comment I was replying to there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
          ok, so i assume the whole show was a success and that showtime made a profit out of it.
          Whether the show was a success or not, he wasn't "overpaid" for it. 1.5 mil for a championship fight in the MW division against a top 3 MW is not being overpaid. Especially if you are in the top 5 yourself and fighting in a city rivalry type fight. It didn't get views, ok it happens. But acting like he got some massive payday for it is false.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
            Dude on Sherdog still playing along:
            Lol, who is this guy?

Comment

That's not true. What he IMMEDIATELY did was vacate his belt instead of defending it, and he only made the $10 million offer to GGG after his PPV with Smith flopped and Golovkin had made career high money for fighting Brook.

...... TO WHICH GOLOVKIN PASSED, AGAIN

so.....

1) first, Mr AnyoneFrom154-168 refused to fight Canelo over the weight
              2) then, Mr NotAbiznessmanDoe refused to fight Canelo over the money

got it ^^

Comment

If GGG is such a huge draw that he can generate $4 million+ for both himself and an unknown WW, in a foreign country, then why does he need Jacobs enough to want to pay him more than his mandated 25% split?

And if he is actually Mr 97k, the PPV flop, then from where are K2 going to get the money to pay Jacobs what he's asking for?

will 97k PPV's generate more than " Quillin money "..... or not ?

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  why can't lil'G (and his hopeless fanbase) stop fixating on rubbish excuses and actually make a meaningful fight?

just pay the guy you hopeless fkn wannabe's

actually do something worth a damn, instead of talking endless shht, and making endless excuses

I just want to them to finally make 1 meaningful fight..... and I'm not even convinced that Jacobs is that meaningful to be honest, but they can't even get that fight done

Ward got insulted/overlooked
                  Lara got insulted/ignored
                  Cotto got curiously ignored (WTF?) why on earth would Mr AnyoneFrom154-168 totally refuse to negotiate with lil 153lb Cotto - who was his best possible payday, bar NONE
                  Canelo got refused TWICE, over weight and money
                  Saunders got low-balled
                  Jacobs got offered Quillin money, manipulated by purse-bid

and yet.....

Kell Brook got turned into a multi-millionaire

nobody see anything wrong with that picture ?

oh, but Golovkin aint a businessman..... no way..... none of that risk/reward businessman shht happening with him..... no way nope LMAO
                  Mate, Loeffler just asked the WBA to call a purse bid. Clearly, they are ready and willing to fight. GGG has no responsibility to make Danny Jacobs rich, just to defend his belt against his mandatory challenger, which is what he is trying to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                    That fight generated what, 12-15 mil in purses? I'm glad you admit Brook isn't the draw because the fact that fight sold out and did such great numbers just proves GGG is a huge draw. You finally admitted it! It was a huge fight in the UK, and you just admitted Brook isn't a draw, so you admitted it without realizing lmfao. You admitted GGG is the big draw even in the UK!

This is what I mean you can't even tell what you're saying, but I'm glad this time because this time you admitted the truth by accident.

GGG is a huge draw in the UK! He brought in numbers far away from his home five times what Jacobs-Quillin did in their home towns!

Agreed. That's why GGG tried to fight Jacobs, Saunders, and Eubank first, but they all ducked him. Jacobs was at least honest about it, saying it was because "GGG is the best of my generation".

Jacobs thinks GGG is the best of his generation. Ward thinks GGG is better both offensively and defensively than Chavez Sr. But you think he's a hypejob... I think I'll trust the opinion of top fighters like Jacobs and Ward over someone who can't even keep their own thoughts straight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ePQKD9iBfU

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                    GGG is a huge draw

and yet, he low-balled Jacobs by offering him " Quillin money "

couldn't your " huge draw " make more of an effort to finally land a meaningful fight?

and, I don't feel like replying to the rest of that fanboy dribble

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
                      I don't think anyone is suprised. We knew Golovkin would duck Jacobs. Way too much of a risk. Loeffler knows Jacobs is worth more than 25% and they are purposely low balling him to avoid the fight. They are doing what they accused Canelo of doing when they said he would offer 2 million only to be exposed when GBP gave them 10 million. Grovelkin is a power punching scardy cat. The toughest camp to make fights with. If you aren't an easy fight they will not get a deal done. We have seen it over and over again repeatedly.

Comment

Working...
                      X