Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia-Keith Thurman Possible For The First Third Of 2017

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KLockard23 View Post
    Why not just make it for later this year?
    Because good fights in boxing have to be marinated lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
      Do you actually think Garcia would ever beat Cotto? He was trying to not to KO'd by friggen Zab Judah ffs, unless Cotto turns 80, Garcia gets seriously hurt.

Cotto showed he was the goods, Garcia is a hype job
      Miguel Cotto is almost 36 years old, after being in enough wars to make things rough on the body.

You add that Garcia is the bigger and fresher man, physically, and Cotto has less left than you want to acknowledge, and I'm not sure where you're getting this bravado.

Unless you simply think that Danny can't fight, the stage is set for another Chavez-Oscar type situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Miguel Cotto is almost 36 years old, after being in enough wars to make things rough on the body.

You add that Garcia is the bigger and fresher man, physically, and Cotto has less left than you want to acknowledge, and I'm not sure where you're getting this bravado.

Unless you simply think that Danny can't fight, the stage is set for another Chavez-Oscar type situation.
        I think Danny is one of the biggest jokes in the sport. He beat Lucas with low blows, and still got his fitted mouth piece knocked out and across the arena, since that time I don't believe he's fought a real puncher. Make no mistake that Danny has wear on him f rt oma that fight. I think Cottos defense is quite sound, better than Garcia's, Cotto is a better puncher, and fundamentals are more solid. I think Danny gets taken out by bodywork. Danny might be bigger, Cotto is quite strong however, so Danny won't even consider that risk unless Cotto is severely weight drained

Comment

[QUOTE=Metho_4u;17042278]I think Danny is one of the biggest jokes in the sport. He beat Lucas with low blows,

Someone is still salty I see.

Comment

[QUOTE=-DSG-;17042292]
            I think Danny is one of the biggest jokes in the sport. He beat Lucas with low blows,

Someone is still salty I see.
            Maybe if I were lying, but the guys b@lls were Garcia's target all night. Who has he fought since? Paulie? Rod salka?, Guerrero because he thought he was more shot than he turned out to be? who's his best win in the last few years?, even in his career? Friggen Herrera judges should've been wearing f'n ski masks and holding .45s with that sort of joke of a robbery. Danny's a pu$$y, and you're a complete idiot if you think anything different
            Last edited by Metho_4u; 09-16-2016, 01:04 AM. Reason: Loop

Comment

[QUOTE=Metho_4u;17042315]
              Originally posted by -DSG- View Post

Maybe if I were lying, but the guys b@lls were Garcia's target all night. Who has he fought since? Paulie? Rod salka?, Guerrero because he thought he was more shot than he turned out to be? who's his best win in the last few years?, even in his career? Friggen Herrera judges should've been wearing f'n ski masks and holding .45s with that sort of joke of a robbery. Danny's a pu$$y.
              I can still taste the tears from September 14 2013.

Comment

real good fight if they can get it done.

Hell I'd even pay PPV money to see it

Comment

I think Danny is one of the biggest jokes in the sport. He beat Lucas with low blows, and still got his fitted mouth piece knocked out and across the arena, since that time I don't believe he's fought a real puncher. Make no mistake that Danny has wear on him f rt oma that fight. I think Cottos defense is quite sound, better than Garcia's, Cotto is a better puncher, and fundamentals are more solid. I think Danny gets taken out by bodywork. Danny might be bigger, Cotto is quite strong however, so Danny won't even consider that risk unless Cotto is severely weight drained
                  Danny Garcia is 28; Miguel Cotto is almost 36 years old. Next year may be too soon, but I can imagine, for Puerto Rican Day Parade weekend come 2018, seeing Danny Garcia vs Miguel Cotto at Barclays Center (build out a full-week of festivities in NYC, with both fighters set for the parade to close out the weekend).

regardless of anything to do with the weight (I have no doubt that Garcia would be happy to give up some weight to help make the fight; likely sticking at 147 regardless), I doubt that Cotto can hold onto his form for much longer (after 150 amateur fights, 45 pro fights and fight camps, and likely over 200 pro rounds in the ring).

haven't really ever been pro/anti Miguel Cotto, but you're talking about the guy as if he's still in the prime of his run, when it's clear that he's not.

Comment

[QUOTE=-DSG-;17042319]

I can still taste the tears from September 14 2013.
                    Yep, the last time he actually fought a risk...over 3 years now

Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                      WTF. How will this prove who the top dawg is at 147? Garcia hasn't done **** at WW (beating a washed up Paulie/Guerrero are not legit top level wins) and beating Molina who lost 3 on the bounce to Soto, Matthyse and Broner. The top dawg is Pac/Thurman/Brook. A shade below them it's Bradley and then you have Spence/Khan.

He has SO many top level opponents to fight yet he avoids a journeyman in Berto who Garcia would actually beat IMO and goes for an even worse opponent in Molina. No disrespect to Molina but there are levels, he just isn't elite.
                      If Thurman is in the top dawg category and Garcia beats him, doesn't that put him in the top dawg category?... Brook isn't coming back to 147 lbs and besides the Porter win, he doesn't have anyone on his resume either. Bradley may or may not be moving up to fight Cotto. Pac? Sure, but he's fighting the phenom Vargas, so that fight doesn't tell me much. As of now, Garcia > Khan unless they fight again and Khan tells me otherwise. The statement that whoever wins the Thurman-Garcia fight is the top dawg isn't blasphemous in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X