Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia-Keith Thurman Possible For The First Third Of 2017

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
    I don't know why boxing bloggers constantly talk about potential fights. There are thousands of potential fights out there, but 99.99 percent of them will never occur, so it makes no sense to write about them.

Also, every time they talk about a potential matchup, it is always a potential matchup for next year (Golovkin/Alvarez, Wilder/Joshua, Garcia/Thurman, Pacquaio vs everybody).Garcia and Thurman will never fight each other, unless one or both of them gets KTFO and they suddenly find themselves in a situation where they can no longer fight third-rate stiffs for first rate dollars.
    You forgot about Floyd v. McGregor and Floyd v. Pac II and Floyd v. GGG j/k, nobody ever thought that fight could potentially happen.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      A weak fight in reality as Garcia has no chance, but a great fight I am looking forward to as a fan who can't stand that hype job Danny and am waiting for him to get Broner'd.

What nonsense is this?

GGG/Brook
      Fury/Wlad
      Thurman/Porter
      Kovalev/Ward
      Roman/Cuadras
      Me/Motorcity Cobras' mother

All FOTY candidate type fights that have happened, or will happen this year. Pay attention. Once a year my a$$.
      It doesn't take much to become a FOTY candidate in today's boxing world. Frampton/Santa Cruz was the best fight this year, but you left that one off. Kovalev/Ward is going to be a good one. As for the rest that you mentioned:

GGG/Brook was considered a mismatch. Brook simply did a good job of exposing Golovkin as an overhyped fighter; Fury/Wlad I was a cure for insomnia. Thurman/Porter was a good fight, but it took place six months later than it should have. Also, it wouldn't have taken place at all if fans hadn't shamed Thurman into taking the fight; Roman/Cuadras are two fighters that are only known to hardcore fans.

So, in reality, boxing fans are lucky if we get three great fights per year and two of them are guaranteed to be on PPV.

Comment

This is the ONLY reason I would give Danny a pass for fighting someone like Molina this year. A nice tune up before a big bout is ok with me.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
          You forgot about Floyd v. McGregor and Floyd v. Pac II and Floyd v. GGG j/k, nobody ever thought that fight could potentially happen.
          I left them off because no one with any sense actually believed the nonsense about Floyd fighting McGregor and Floyd vs GGG was never a potential fight. It was simply a fantasy created in the mind of Floyd haters/Golovkin nuthuggers.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            Oscar De La Hoya became the money draw that he was because he could fight, but also because he was a handsome guy out of East LA that Top Rank could market heavy to the Mexican American audience (with the Mexican audience coming very slowly behind that).

Say what you want but Danny Garcia, if he's able to beat Keith Thurman, is positioned to be that same fighter for the Puerto Rican American audience (if he can get in there with Cotto, and whoop that ass, he may also bring along the Puerto Rican audience).

With NY/NJ being home to over 1.5m Puerto Ricans, and Garcia's home city having the next biggest population of Puerto Ricans in mainland USA, the target audience is clear. You add that Danny Garcia also has pretty good cache in urban communities everywhere, and you should probably keep that latent ****sexuality to yourself.
            Do you actually think Garcia would ever beat Cotto? He was trying to not to KO'd by friggen Zab Judah ffs, unless Cotto turns 80, Garcia gets seriously hurt.

Cotto showed he was the goods, Garcia is a hype job

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCowBoy View Post
              Danny "Tropical Mexican "Garcia did not beat Maurice Herrera....on paper Garcia won but. In the ring he lost and he was paying step aside money to the Ukrainian
              I get it. Herrera should have gotten the nod in that one, but that doesn't negate all the other fighters he has fought. I can't speak on the failure of a Garcia-Postol fight. I don't doubt it, but I don't know enough to comment on it. He was moving up anyway... I can understand the criticism, but what do you want him to do now? Not fight Thurman? Fight him sooner and not waste our time with Molina? All of that is fair. I just don't see why people are talking like he's Algieri or something. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by b0x
                Garcia won't beat any of the top 5 welterweights. He ran from Crawford who was coming up to him and he lived in catchweight world for a few years. Since he finally got to welterweight he's only beat washed up, old, past their best fighters.
                Originally posted by Edward90 View Post
                the way some of y'all are talking, I would think DSG is a straight up bum who hasn't done anything. Was he not the top 140 lber. He beat Amir Khan, Morales (I know he was old), Herrera, Peterson, and Matthyse. A unified champion at 140 lbs and fought good competition. I'm not saying he's the best thing since sliced bread. I definitely would like for him to be more active at 147 and had better comp, but I'm not going to act like he is some Charles Martin caliber fighter here. This is a good fight if it happens and will determine who is the top dawg at the weight class (based on resume).
                WTF. How will this prove who the top dawg is at 147? Garcia hasn't done **** at WW (beating a washed up Paulie/Guerrero are not legit top level wins) and beating Molina who lost 3 on the bounce to Soto, Matthyse and Broner. The top dawg is Pac/Thurman/Brook. A shade below them it's Bradley and then you have Spence/Khan.

He has SO many top level opponents to fight yet he avoids a journeyman in Berto who Garcia would actually beat IMO and goes for an even worse opponent in Molina. No disrespect to Molina but there are levels, he just isn't elite.

Comment

You can count on this not happening. Garcia passed up the opportinity of a lifetime and 3x his career h8gh payday by not fighting pacquiao, what makes anyone think he will fight someone almost as risky for half the money? Garcia is the biggest paper champ in the sport right now. This is most likely just a ploy to sell his tune up against molina. The problem is hes been fighting nothing but tune ups for years. Pbc is a disaster, haymon has always been the worst advisor/promotion in boxing and is single handedly ruining the sport ive said it many times and it cant be said enough. Hope pbc collapses quickly to stop the bleeding

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
                    You can count on this not happening. Garcia passed up the opportinity of a lifetime and 3x his career h8gh payday by not fighting pacquiao, what makes anyone think he will fight someone almost as risky for half the money? Garcia is the biggest paper champ in the sport right now. This is most likely just a ploy to sell his tune up against molina. The problem is hes been fighting nothing but tune ups for years. Pbc is a disaster, haymon has always been the worst advisor/promotion in boxing and is single handedly ruining the sport ive said it many times and it cant be said enough. Hope pbc collapses quickly to stop the bleeding
                    He was never offered the pacquiao fight.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                      I don't know why boxing bloggers constantly talk about potential fights. There are thousands of potential fights out there, but 99.99 percent of them will never occur, so it makes no sense to write about them.

Also, every time they talk about a potential matchup, it is always a potential matchup for next year (Golovkin/Alvarez, Wilder/Joshua, Garcia/Thurman, Pacquaio vs everybody).Garcia and Thurman will never fight each other, unless one or both of them gets KTFO and they suddenly find themselves in a situation where they can no longer fight third-rate stiffs for first rate dollars.
                      Garcia and Thurman will fight each other.

Comment

Working...
                      X