No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Tested, Stops Kell Brook in Five Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by !WAR BROOK! View Post
    fixed fight, this is why I hate the UK nothing but corruption.

lol carson jones put brook through hell and no didnt even think about stopping it.
    Like I said yesterday what a joke you and your fighter are...hahaha you talking about all the excuses GGG fans are going to have when he gets rolled up and then I go online and I see THIS POST from you?! A fixed fight....REALLY?!!! I mean I guess I shouldn't have expected you to man up but what the hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by bender2000 View Post
      couldn't agree more exactly how I seen it , I don't know what people are saying in that ggg looked beatable ??? he dominated the fight walked right through anything brook threw , and brook thought he woobled ggg ???? no ****ing way , hes lucky the corner stopped it because he was heading for a breakdown knockout.
      Yeah idk haha I know my brother hates Golovkin with a passion,
      but he was laughing at how Brook's face was bouncing off a jab.

But I watched the replay-- the only thing Brook did pull out was a confident, and cool demeanor. Aside from that, he was supposed to be the faster guy, so looked as to that. I gave him 4 rounds in my other post before the fight because I knew he had good defense. But just not enough to take monster power shots that, even if 1 landed, will wear someone down. And it showed by the fifth.

Nobody gave Gennady his credit for the attributes he has shown his entire career. But everyone gave Brook all the credit for lasting half a fight and having tagged and making GGG miss.

Skills aren't everything in boxing as I've said. Takes grit, endurance, and a whole lot of other things. And even though natural weight was the issue, it was clear who was the winner just based on how the fight ended in the fifth round.

Reminds me of the Taylor vs Chavez fight though, just a preference thing among people --quantity versus quality--

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        1. I was a huge Floyd fan and I was hyped for the JMM fight, because I knew what it was - two elite and great fighters going at it in their primes. Weight has no bearing on getting outboxed, and outboxing one of the best combination punchers ever is to be respected.

2. Brook might not be top 5 p4p but he is #1, 2 at worst WW, and coming in an undefeated champion. It's a credible win no matter how you slice it.

3. GGG was impressive tonight, and here's why: he chose to risk more and come forward knowing he would take some to give some. When a fighter who can outbox his opponent but choses to savage him with no regard for safety, when your opponent shows you he isn't intimidated by your shots and shrugs them off, that's fearsome. That's intimidating. If you've ever boxed before, if you've ever been tested and have faced a guy who shows no emotion and just comes for you, that has a major psychological effect on someone who isn't extremely strong minded. You see a guy who "looked bad". I see a guy who purpously chose to disregard defense and go for the kill every round. That isn't a flaw, it's a strength. A testament to how good he is, not how bad he is.
        You're entitled to your opinion, but I couldn't disagree more. First of all, GGG couldn't outbox Brook. He came out working behind his jab, as usual. And it looked like business as usual when he hurt Kell in the 1st. In the 2nd, Kell turned it around with handspeed and counterpunching. To me, Kell was the one that threw caution to the wind and chose to try amd hold his ground. Because he saw early that moving was gonna get him stalked and beaten. And he did well. But the injury affected him. And he just didn't have the strength and enough pop to keep GGG off him. And he simply wasn't gonna be able to be perfect defensively , in GGG's punching range, with an eye that was going to ****.

GGG didn't do anything special tonight. He overwhelmed an outgunned, smaller opponent. In contrast, Floyd completely outboxed and outclassed a guy that's a master technician himself. Even Kovalev's performance against Hopkins was more impressivr because he basically beat Bernard at his own game. Kovalev played Bernard's game, gave him the best opportunity to win, and still shut him out. That's the equivalent of Floyd coming out beating Manny in a street fight. In all honesty. All I saw today was a gun beat up a smaller guy that's probably a better fighter in the P4P sense. If Kell Brook brings real middleweight stegnth and punching power to the ring. And brought a middleweight chin. I think this fight plays out very differently. The same couldn't be said for Floyd-JMM. The way that fight played out. Floyd could have been the smaller guy and still won comfortably.

Comment

• Love the "if Brook was someone else, this is a loss" posts.

Fact is, GGG is a ****ing animal and anybody that faces him is in for a fight. Canelo, BJS, Jacobs, whoever, i think he beats all of them. Brook had some good moments but it was just too much for him. GGG is one of the best boxers going right now and that's the bottom line. If people want to keep making excuses, go for it. Doesn't change how good GGG is

Comment

• Originally posted by mapleleaf27 View Post
            Hey Redd been nowhere but he knows everything , just ask him
            Are you his alt or his butt buddy?
            Last edited by AJ's Boy; 09-11-2016, 12:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
              Everybody at 60 sux, which is why he stays there. Why won't he do what Brook did tonight?

As for physical confrontation between us, you're absolutely right. I'd do the world a huge favor and shoot the living **** outta you. One less mutant f.uck above ground is always a good thing.
              Fight like a man sunshine..show me a big drama show guns are the coward way out ......as for golovkin he is a middleweight and fights easily at that weight......and you did just say say any world class fighter would knock him the f@ck out ....isn't Jacobs or canelo a world class fighter ? ..once he's gets Saunders in the ring and kos him and a has all those belts.....then its to 168 and takes that title...no one and I mean no one can beat him even at 168 and I'll have a bet on any wager you want son....Now stfu before I do an American history x on you and make you bite on a kerbstone

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                Martin Murray almost went 12, and Kell Brook (likely had it not been for the eye socket) was taking Golovkin's shot well enough/doing enough of the little tricks to take the heat off of the shot that it looked like he would've been able to navigate his way through the fight as well.

Heck, were it not for his skin failing him, Gabriel Rosado looked to have enough sheer boxing skill to get through the fight.

Golovkin is there to be outboxed for the majority of the rounds in a twelve round fight (in loading up that mid-range power and stalking, Golovkin leaves space open for someone to fill it in with stuff to win the round), and it's been a heck of a long time since Golovkin was actually able to lay anyone out with a punch.
                Brook as a boxer is 10 levels above a Murray or rosado....rosado was never in the fight and was broken down to nothing.....physically and mentally....Murray was 100% defensive in that fight and spoiled and grabbed to almost make 12 rounds and Murray is tough as teak...he's was dropped 4 times in that fight.....you might like it but no middleweight will be able to go with golovkin for 12 rounds.....it's seems to me your grabbing at any bit of information to try and fault in Triple gggs game....no one beats him at 160 and 168 and I'll wager any money u want on it....Jacobs,canelo,Saunders,Eubanks,Ramirez, jack, Degale, froch....160-168lb name the bet son

Comment

• good nights work for GGG, this is what you do if you dont respect someones power, just walk in straight, throw big shots and get them out of their. Everyone creaming their pants that GGG took a few shots but who cares, he didnt thats for sure.

Comment

• I didn't think that much of Brook until I saw this fight. He's quite good. Can definitely move down to 154 and dominate.

He should fight Lara next. He'd be a heavy favorite in that one.

Comment

• British radio had GGG up 3-1. score cards were home cooking lol.

https://youtu.be/-N4T0ri6yvY

@52:40

Comment

Working...
                      X