No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Tested, Stops Kell Brook in Five Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
    I am basing my assessment on Andre Ward's skill level, Ward's performance against the best opponents in the world at 168, and the fact that a blown-up welterweight was able to hit Golovkin at will and hurt him.
    When did Brook hurt GGG?

Ward isn't the same guy he was at 168, you guys need to realise this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      Golovkin's not going to be able to take the onslaught that he got from Brook, from a guy who's actually his size, well enough to hang on until said fighter gets tired late.

Brook was able to basically neutralize Golovkin (sans that shot that busted his eye socket) behind minding his defense (being aware of the type of shots that Golovkin is likely to throw, and from where Golovkin is going to engage), effective movement (moving just enough, to get out of the way yet still be in position to counter), and consistently working a solid counter-jab (whenever Golovkin would probe, Brook would cut the probe short with his own shot).

GGG fights differently against punchers, and guys his size. Watch the Lemieux and Stevens fights, he doesn't just bum rush guys who have power

He said plenty leading up to the fight about making this a "street fight".

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
        Kell Brook is going to be easily in the top 3 at 154. Kell's got skills man, he's just not a middleweight
        JRock, Demetrius Andrade, and Erislandy Lara, last I checked, were all still at 154. You add Canelo, Cotto, the Charlo brothers, and the young fighters coming up (Erickson Lubin standing out to me), and you've got a division that could literally be 7/8 deep in top-level fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          People are talking like he always fights like this. No, he fights like this only when he fights guys he knows won't hurt him. As soon as he hurt Brook he just started bumrushing because he knew he had nothing to worry about.

He wouldn't fight like this against Jacobs or Alvarez or anyone that could seriously threaten him. He never does when faced with anything close to a threat.
          basically, he was throwing bombs and forcing the fight, normally GGG takes his time, but it seems he just wanted to get the stoppage and go home.

it was a routine fight, i wouldnt look too much into it, he had no respect for Brook

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
            Brook's corner told him to stay off the ropes. Brook ignored them. I think after Brook suffered the injury, he gave up. Brook is definitely no Muhammad Ali (who suffered a broken jaw against Ken Norton and still finished the fight).
            I was being sarcastic. You think Kell just went to the ropes for no reason? He suffered the injury in the 2nd rnd and still look good. GGG is just constantly putting pressure and at some point it becomes too much.

You should watch the interview with Macklin.

Comment

• Originally posted by doninlouisiana View Post
              I agree, a couple of those left hooks in the fight by GGG that missed Brooks chin by a whisker I was saying "Thank God that didn't land, it would have taken Brook's head off".
              i think brook was lucky tonight even though he lost, because ggg was missing by inches

brooks eye was damaged in round 1 i believe.

he has heart an he made a lot of money, but that was painfall and i'm not sure what effect this stoppage will have on him going on

Comment

• all this crap about brook hurt ggg

**** offf

ggg walked him down throughout the fight, he wasnt backing off, those punches might have stung a little, which is normal, but in reality ggg was in brooks face

in the end brook could no longer keep him off

the body shots wore him down and he decided to rest on the ropes

brook was looking for a way out, kept touching his eye, his corner saw this, pulled him out before he ended up knocked out

imo he would have been knocked out in that round or round 6 like khan...

it was a very similar fight, only brook took a far bigger beating...khan took a few body shots and hit the canvas in 6...brook took some big blows and possibly has a career ending injury

i felt sorry for him, that was so hard to watch, not sure how you die hard brook fans felt, but i could feel those blows
                Last edited by FrankieBruno; 09-10-2016, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hype job View Post

GGG fights differently against punchers, and guys his size. Watch the Lemieux and Stevens fights, he doesn't just bum rush guys who have power

He said plenty leading up to the fight about making this a "street fight".
                  You say Ward can't hurt him. So would he bum rush Ward? Cause against the bigger Ward, bum rushing Ward will get him countered to death against a guy he can't push around. He was getting countered effectively tonight because his inside game sux. Brook was just too small to keep him off. Ward won't have that problem. So what does GGG do then? Step back and box like he did Lemieux? Even the most delusional GGG fan can't believe he can outbox Ward from a distance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    Golovkin's not going to be able to take the onslaught that he got from Brook, from a guy who's actually his size, well enough to hang on until said fighter gets tired late.

Brook was able to basically neutralize Golovkin (sans that shot that busted his eye socket) behind minding his defense (being aware of the type of shots that Golovkin is likely to throw, and from where Golovkin is going to engage), effective movement (moving just enough, to get out of the way yet still be in position to counter), and consistently working a solid counter-jab (whenever Golovkin would probe, Brook would cut the probe short with his own shot).
                    wow.(what a load of sh@t)

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                      i think brook was lucky tonight even though he lost, because ggg was missing by inches

brooks eye was damaged in round 1 i believe.

he has heart an he made a lot of money, but that was painfall and i'm not sure what effect this stoppage will have on him going on
                      Most world class fighters try and make their opponent "miss by inches." Leaves them in a better position to counter. Which Kell did very effectively.

Comment

Working...
                      X