• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
    you must really hate brook

the guy got his face broken

his face will never heal properly

and you want to see him in a rematch?

this was always going to be the outcome, the fight was either going to be stopped by the corner, waved off by the ref or we'd get to see a brutal KO

there is nothing brook could do to win the fight, nothing.
    He got hit with a good shot that did damage. Then came back and boxed well. I'm not dying to see a rematch. But if GGG's gonna fight a mandatory. Or bums like Jacobs or Saunders. Why not Brook?

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
      He got hit with a good shot that did damage. Then came back and boxed well. I'm not dying to see a rematch. But if GGG's gonna fight a mandatory. Or bums like Jacobs or Saunders. Why not Brook?
      Both Jacobs and Saunders would beat Brook

Brook landed a couple of shots, and was on the retreat for most of the fight...if thats boxing good to you then i dont know what to say

A man was in survival mode from round 1 and didnt even make it to the half way point

GGG didnt even take this kid seriously, it was hard to watch and everytime GGG landed i felt sorry for Brook

Comment

Just for perspective. Floyd Mayweather was widely criticized for fighting JMM, a fighter moving up two divisions. Even though he did so basically coming off a two year hiatus. Floyd beat him easily, as expected, and there was little to no excitement from his fanbase.

Conversely, GGG's fanbase is going crazy like beatinf Kell Brook. Brook is a good fighter. But JMM was pretty much top 5 on every P4P list when he fought Floyd. Brook didn't bring those kinda credentials to the ring.

And that's the difference between a truly great fighter. And a hypejob that people simply wanna believe is as great as they think he is. If GGG is truly great, you're not excited nor impressed by his performance today.

GGG and Abel gave his performance a 3-4 so you're right, it wasn't very impressive. GGG said he would turn it into a street fight so not really a surprise the way he fought.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
          Both Jacobs and Saunders would beat Brook

Brook landed a couple of shots, and was on the retreat for most of the fight...if thats boxing good to you then i dont know what to say

A man was in survival mode from round 1 and didnt even make it to the half way point

GGG didnt even take this kid seriously, it was hard to watch and everytime GGG landed i felt sorry for Brook
          For a guy in survival mode, he sure had GGG's head bobble-heading a lot. But I forgot, GGG gets hit on purpose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ce1ska View Post
            GGG and Abel gave his performance a 3-4 so you're right, it wasn't very impressive. GGG said he would turn it into a street fight so not really a surprise the way he fought.
            Well GGG and Abel know he looked like ****. I'm talking more about the excitement from his fans. I've seen a lotta bonafide elite fighters. And very few had fanbases that would get excited about what GGG did today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
              JRock, Demetrius Andrade, and Erislandy Lara, last I checked, were all still at 154. You add Canelo, Cotto, the Charlo brothers, and the young fighters coming up (Erickson Lubin standing out to me), and you've got a division that could literally be 7/8 deep in top-level fighters.
              I agree. That weight division is stacked, but the only person I'm putting above Brook is Boo Boo. (I'm not counting Canelo in that division, probably because I hope he moves up to 160)

Comment

• Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                I don't know wtf happened....he must really not have been able to see because Brook was making GGG look like Shawn Porter...
                You could see it was troubling him. Fuk me, after the second I thought Brook would take him to school.

Comment

Just for perspective. Floyd Mayweather was widely criticized for fighting JMM, a fighter moving up two divisions. Even though he did so basically coming off a two year hiatus. Floyd beat him easily, as expected, and there was little to no excitement from his fanbase.

Conversely, GGG's fanbase is going crazy like beatinf Kell Brook. Brook is a good fighter. But JMM was pretty much top 5 on every P4P list when he fought Floyd. Brook didn't bring those kinda credentials to the ring.

And that's the difference between a truly great fighter. And a hypejob that people simply wanna believe is as great as they think he is. If GGG is truly great, you're not excited nor impressed by his performance today.
                  1. I was a huge Floyd fan and I was hyped for the JMM fight, because I knew what it was - two elite and great fighters going at it in their primes. Weight has no bearing on getting outboxed, and outboxing one of the best combination punchers ever is to be respected.

2. Brook might not be top 5 p4p but he is #1, 2 at worst WW, and coming in an undefeated champion. It's a credible win no matter how you slice it.

3. GGG was impressive tonight, and here's why: he chose to risk more and come forward knowing he would take some to give some. When a fighter who can outbox his opponent but choses to savage him with no regard for safety, when your opponent shows you he isn't intimidated by your shots and shrugs them off, that's fearsome. That's intimidating. If you've ever boxed before, if you've ever been tested and have faced a guy who shows no emotion and just comes for you, that has a major psychological effect on someone who isn't extremely strong minded. You see a guy who "looked bad". I see a guy who purpously chose to disregard defense and go for the kill every round. That isn't a flaw, it's a strength. A testament to how good he is, not how bad he is.

Comment

• GGG didn't seem to care about Brooks power. He was just trying to walk him down and land bombs. I gave Brook 2 rounds though very impressed with his performance. GGG looked terrible today.

Comment

• Originally posted by dranoel View Post
                      5 round tko but Golovkin looks bad.
                      I'm definitely from a different planet.

All of those shots Kell was throwing were hyped from the crowd and eating gloves.

He landed maybe 2 solid uppercuts, 2 solid right hands, and 1 hook, and 1 slap hook.

Congratulations, Kell Brook is master race.

Fight wasn't even close imo, good stoppage.
                      And I'm pretty sure that was a knocked down from a tiny left hook when he slipped because right after that -- his eye was bothering him.
                      He could of been a little more honest about how the body shots took a huge toll out of him as well. In the fifth round he gave up movement and stayed on the ropes -- clearly not something a fighter likes to do. And took a beating. Every jab that landed on him was lifting him off like 2 feet off the canvas lol
                      couldn't agree more exactly how I seen it , I don't know what people are saying in that ggg looked beatable ??? he dominated the fight walked right through anything brook threw , and brook thought he woobled ggg ???? no ****ing way , hes lucky the corner stopped it because he was heading for a breakdown knockout.

Comment

Working...
                      X