Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Danny Garcia going to fight again this year? Why so inactive?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
    Thought the Berto fight would have been official by now ... Shawn Porter said on his Twitter he's training for an upcoming fight but named no one.
    Man I would love it if PBC surprised us with Danny vs Porter. I think Porter takes it clearly and sets up that rematch with Thurman.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
      Man I would love it if PBC surprised us with Danny vs Porter. I think Porter takes it clearly and sets up that rematch with Thurman.
      rematch is cool but danny vs thurman is too big to miss out on

Comment

Inactivity due to current fighters being better than what he's willing to face.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          rematch is cool but danny vs thurman is too big to miss out on
          Yeah, it's not realistic but I want Shawn to get another good win on his resume as well, I like Thurman more but I want Porter to have a lot of success too, I'm a big fan.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
            I think Salka will be available by the end of November.
            Salka for $700K is not a bad deal. But I doubt Haymon would even have the money to overpay these fighters again with these boxing economic times? You can sense Haymon is having a hard time making fights nowadays. Garcia is probably demanding $2 mil for a Berto fight. How else can anyone explain the long layoff?

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
              Thought the Berto fight would have been official by now ... Shawn Porter said on his Twitter he's training for an upcoming fight but named no one.
              Haymon is probably having a hard time convincing Garcia to take $1 mil for the Berto fight.

Comment

Garcia had a scare when he almost lost to Mattysse, so he's doing a Mayweather and avoiding anybody who has a chance of beating him.

Comment

He more than likely won't fight until very late this year or early next year.

Danny's problem is that he is just resting on his laurels to much. His mind set is that since he has fought some good guys in the past there is no need to push hard for tough fights now. And if you are going to give him a tough fight you better pay him outrageous ridiculous money if not he's not pushing for anything.

Comment

Danny Garcia and others represent what is bad for boxing now. He's young and in his prime, yet he's choosing to be inactive. What kind of champions are these people?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      Some perspective for all of you.

Danny has fought once this year and twice last year. Canelo has fought once this year and twice last year. Both have fought 5 times since Jan 1, 2014.

Do any of you consider Canelo inactive as well?
                      Salute bro!!

Comment

Working...
                      X