Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Canelo a 154-Pounder, Golovkin Fight in 2017

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just as ggg waited till Ward move up in weight class, Canelo is going to do the same.

Comment

Canelo is a 154 pounder, that is until he misses weight and reminds the world he's a middleweight again. What we do know is he's a poosie, no doubt about that!

Comment

Oscar talking nonsense as always.

After the Khan fight he said "I'm going to call Golovkin's people in the morning"

What happened to that?

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
          Just as ggg waited till Ward move up in weight class, Canelo is going to do the same.
          WTF are you talking about?

First, GGG has waited until Ward moved up. GGG has been competing at MW since he was a pro. Ward has never shared the MW division with GGG.

Two, Ward hadn't fought at 168 since 2013. GGG had not only tried to make a fight at 168 while Ward was a SMW, k2/HBO tried to make a fight with Ward at 168 while Ward was supposedly a SMW.

The only things GGG didn't do is sign an asinine contract stating he would give Ward a 50/50 split for a fight to take place a year or so in advance when Ward chooses he is tuned up. This was summer of 2015, it's now summer of 2016 and Ward is still tuning up. And not only that, he's tuning up two divisions above GGG. Although he is dragging 168 pounders to 175 to beat on them--Smith/Brand.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Oscar talking nonsense as always.

After the Khan fight he said "I'm going to call Golovkin's people in the morning"

What happened to that?

I think Loffler said Oscar was going on vacation after a lengthy promotion for the Khan fight

Comment

This was the same moron that was talking about making the GGG fight next. I hate hypocrites and Oscar is one of the biggest hypocrites in boxing. So fake and annoying.

Comment

A 154'er who hasn't came in at 154 for his last 5 fights?!

Hopefully he can make weight.

Comment

Oscar is showing he is no better than all the other promoters and managers. He is screwing over boxing fans and making excuses for not giving them a good fight. Only a fool will pay for this farce of a fight. Funny how they would say GGG hadn't earned his shot yet this guy has. Hypocrites to the max. Only a fool will buy this fight.

Comment

Oscar is stupid. Now you see why everybody left when Schaefer left. All he has to say is Canelo is fighting at 154. GGG wants to unify the MW division. Good luck GGG. End of conversation. He gets his own self into trouble with his ramblings.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      Oscar is stupid. Now you see why everybody left when Schaefer left. All he has to say is Canelo is fighting at 154. GGG wants to unify the MW division. Good luck GGG. End of conversation. He gets his own self into trouble with his ramblings.
                      “[Golden Boy has] no background in boxing,” Arum told the paper. “They rely on Oscar, who’s a dummy. Oscar is one of the stupidest guys I’ve ever met. I’m just saying what it is. The guy is really not smart. Forget just ‘not smart.’ He’s not just even average.”
                      -Bob Arum

Comment

Working...
                      X