Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Canelo a 154-Pounder, Golovkin Fight in 2017

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Canelo a 154-Pounder, Golovkin Fight in 2017

As the fight between Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez and WBO junior middleweight titlist, Liam Smith, was consummated for September 17th, Golden Boy Promotions and Alvarez have come under intense scrutiny for making this pay-per-view match-up and not facing Gennady Golovkin.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I guess Canelo can say that now but if he only fight there this once then back at 155 next fright it kind of defeats the purpose in saying that.

Comment

A 154 pounder who hasn't fought below 155 since 2013

Comment

Then why is canelo fighting at 154, 1lb below his previous fight lol. Coke head Oscar.

What I want is 'Canelo' to gradually go up in weight and fill in at 160. He's not a middleweight, right now. His last fights he made 155."

Comment

I don't get it?
          Gradually...

but isn't his starting point at 155 then on?

Why is he going down a pound?

-_-

He should just have this one at 156, no need to tell people he's a 154 pounder if he missed weight at 154 already.

He literally just worked out all year just to try and keep the weight cut, will be fireworks on here if he misses again.
          Last edited by dranoel; 07-01-2016, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Oscar: "What I want is 'Canelo' to gradually go up in weight and fill in at 160. He's not a middleweight, right now. His last fights he made 155."

He made 155. That means Canelo cut down to 155, he didn't bulk up to it. How will he gradually go up in weight & fill in @ 160, when he walks around @ 170+? Just stop it, Oscar. You're milking Canelo & hoping Golovkin loses some pepper by fall of 2017.

Comment

What the problem conelo never weight more then 155 he doesnt want to put on the 5 extra pounds and be undersize at 160...so he going back 1 pound to fight a champion

Comment

Another classic example of promoters trying to protect their cash cows and killing the fight game in the process. Maybe my eyes deceived me, but Canelo looked like a light heavyweight against Cotto on fight night. How can Oscar honestly say Canelo is not a middleweight? This is what happens when promoters wait too long to make the fights that make sense for boxing and fans actually want to see. Let's hope Haymon is paying attention to what not to do and makes Thurman-Garcia ASAP

Comment

155 belongs to middleweight. From 155 to 160 .
                  Canelo walks at 170 or more at fight night .
                  Stop the excuses : he is scared of ggg .
                  Fans : don't buy can "hell - no ggg " ppv .

Hit and not be hit ; you can not hit what you don't see .

Comment

Oscar on course to become the biggest fake promoter in the sport. Best fight the best huh? Just as long your cash cow is not involved.

Comment

Working...
                    X