Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Canelo a 154-Pounder, Golovkin Fight in 2017

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only people DLH is fooling are the idiots who won't ever admit Golovkin is one of the most avoided fighters in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
      A 154'er who hasn't came in at 154 for his last 5 fights?!

Hopefully he can make weight.
      There has to be at least a 40% chance they make it a non-title fight at 155 within a month from the fight.

Comment

Canelo should be ashamed, talked big after KO of Khan in regards of fighting triple G, then he ran away gave up the linear middleweight title without fighting.
        The greats Monzon, Hagler, Robinson, Leonard, Hearns, Duran, etc would never do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Can'tHoldMeBack View Post
          GGG needs to get with nutritionist that helps ginger spice cut weight good than and prob would of got that career defining fight he needs to propel him to stardom

aaah right, good point.....

It looks like Team Bull**** made a mistake for FOUR YEARS when they were marketing lil'G..... they shouldn't have spent FOUR YEARS saying "anyone from 154-168"..... they should have spent FOUR YEARS saying "anyone from 154-168, so long as we can have Canelo's nutritionist"

The length that you fan-girls have gone to conveniently forget that "anyone from 154-168" rubbish..... is hilarious.

Comment

SPOT QUIZ:

Throughout boxing history, there are many examples of under-achievers, and there are also many examples of over-achievers.....

Today's question is, throughout boxing history, has there ever been a bigger underachiever than Gennady Golovkin..... ?

According to the dictionary, an underachiever is a person who fails to live up to his potential or does not do as well as expected.

Golovkin was hyped/marketed as this wonder-guy, who could "beat anyone from 154-168"..... according to K2, Sanchez, and Golovkin himself, Gennady is capable of ruling 3 divisions..... and yet in reality, when presented with the opportunity to back up those wild claims, he immediately killed TWO huge fights over the weight, completely contradicting his mantra.

* Golovkin has done the EXACT OPPOSITE to what was promised by him and his team, despite having numerous opportunities

* Despite being 35yo he is yet to face a genuine world-class opponent

* Despite being compared to Hopkins, Golovkin has avoided every possible potential world-class opponent

* Despite stating that he can beat everyone over a 3-division range, Golovkin never attempted to fight outside middleweight, and he avoided TWO huge fights both at 154 and 168

Name 1 fighter throughout history, who promised more, and yet delivered less, than Gennady Golovkin.

e.g. despite having his boxing career significantly shortened due to a tragic motorcycle accident, Paul Williams did significantly more that Golovkin promised to do, by fighting in multiple divisions and beating a number of opponents who were MUCH BETTER than anyone on Golovkin's resume'.

Let's face it, a cripple outshone Gennady Golovkin in terms of genuine achievement.

Today's question is, throughout boxing history, has there ever been a bigger underachiever than Gennady Golovkin..... ?

Comment

SPOT QUIZ:

Throughout boxing history, there are many examples of under-achievers, and there are also many examples of over-achievers.....

According to the dictionary, an underachiever is a person who fails to live up to his potential or does not do as well as expected.

Golovkin was hyped/marketed as this wonder-guy, who could "beat anyone from 154-168"..... according to K2, Sanchez, and Golovkin himself, Gennady is capable of ruling 3 divisions..... and yet in reality, when presented with the opportunity to back up those wild claims, he immediately killed TWO huge fights over the weight, completely contradicting his mantra.

* Golovkin has done the EXACT OPPOSITE to what was promised by him and his team, despite having numerous opportunities

* Despite being 35yo he is yet to face a genuine world-class opponent

* Despite being compared to Hopkins, Golovkin has avoided every possible potential world-class opponent

* Despite stating that he can beat everyone over a 3-division range, Golovkin never attempted to fight outside middleweight, and he avoided TWO huge fights both at 154 and 168

Name 1 fighter throughout history, who promised more, and yet delivered less, than Gennady Golovkin.

e.g. despite having his boxing career significantly shortened due to a tragic motorcycle accident, Paul Williams did significantly more that Golovkin promised to do, by fighting in multiple divisions and beating a number of opponents who were MUCH BETTER than anyone on Golovkin's resume'.

Let's face it, a cripple outshone Gennady Golovkin in terms of genuine achievement.

Seriously, I AM going to need that name

Comment

aboutfkntime, look, you're obviously a GGG hater, and for what it's worth, I do understand your resentment in regards to the Kazakh's popularity despite his resume and K2 politics. But you gotta move forward. Let the GGG fan boys make fools of themselves. Don't follow suit, you feel me?

Comment

in mexico we dont **** around

Comment

So why even talk about GGG if you say Canelo is a 154 pounder?

Stop using GGG's name if you don't want to fight him.

Is that so hard?

Comment

Originally posted by THC View Post
                      aboutfkntime, look, you're obviously a GGG hater, and for what it's worth, I do understand your resentment in regards to the Kazakh's popularity despite his resume and K2 politics. But you gotta move forward. Let the GGG fan boys make fools of themselves. Don't follow suit, you feel me?

Nah fk em, they can eat crow.

For the record..... I NEED that name.

I get your point, you have partly acknowledged my issue..... and I think that you maybe correct in saying that by fighting-fire-with-fire I sometimes reduce myself to their level..... no argument there, you are probably correct.....

That is good advice, and I thank you for it.....

..... but nah, fk em..... I don't care what people think of me, not one little bit..... life is not a popularity contest in my book, and I do not feel like having my sport disrespected by a bunch of ignorant fan-girls for the NEXT 5 years, like that exact same ridiculous fanbase did for the LAST 5 years.

cool username btw

Comment

Working...
                      X