Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if FMJ was fighting the likes of Brand in his prime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    My argument is HBO approved Brand when they should have rejected it. IMO they had to approve Brand because they got a venue and a date for Ward/Kov before settling on whether Ward would fight again.

WHen they and Ward agreed he would get another fight, they didn't want to risk having the plan they announced fall through.

HBO did this to themselves. This very well could be continued fall out from not letting Kov take part in the Stevenson purse bid. If Ward's contract is overpaying him IYO that is HBO's fault too, unless you are going to opine Ward strong armed them into resigning him.
    no ward didn't strongarm them at all..."i will only fight kovalev with 2 tune up fights" seems like the definition of strong-arming but okkkk

Comment

no ward didn't strongarm them at all..."i will only fight kovalev with 2 tune up fights" seems like the definition of strong-arming but okkkk
      Ward just moved up to LHW. Two fights before facing the most dominant fighter in the division seems fair.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        Then tell Ward no deal. HBO didn't most likely because they had no quality opponents for Kov to fight since most of the best LHW's are with Haymon.

Any way you cut it HBO did this to themselves. You repeatedly post you think Kov/Ward will not fight. So no GGG/Ward, no GGG/Canelo and IYO no Ward/Kov.

Not hard to place blame, even for a trolling tool like yourself.

You spend half the time arguing Ward isn't a draw and has to take what he is offered the other half arguing he strong armed a gigantic corporation like HBO into overpaying him for this deal.
        Last edited by The Big Dunn; 06-29-2016, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
          Barrera isn't a bum, he was supposed to be Kov's mandatory and was good for Ward's first fight at 175lb. I doubt Barrera would have made the same money Ward paid him if he fought Kov instead. I'm not saying Ward is perfect, I just think some of the criticism is overblown.
          mohamadi was also kov's mandatory. that doesn't stop you from being a bum. and ward is perfect. just ask big dunn

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            so you accuse JMM of juicing but you dont accuse the guy who ducked drug testing for a decade? until he had IRS issues. The guy has tattoos and even freddie roach admitted drug testing and cut off dates ruined first round of negotiations for the the mayweather fight. Then calls the guy shady and admits he doesnt know whats in Pacquaios work out drinks

Man...Pacquaio fans are more bitter than a woman scorned

i accuse pacquiao of steroid use all the time. his entire involvement with alex ariza is suspicious. search my posts, you f#cking clown.

you just don't read the posts and think i'm some kind of fanboy becuase our only interactiosn are when i son you for being the most biased golovkin hater on the internet.

Comment

I couldn't agree more. Ward lovers are often GGG haters. They praise Ward for his resume and trash GGG for fighting bums. The complete opposite is true. GGG fights 5 times as often as Ward against far stronger opposition. Ward hasn't fought anybody very good since he KOed a weight drained Dawson 4 or 5 years ago. he has averaged about a fight a year since then. GGG recently KOed a world champion while when Ward has one of his infrequent fights it's against some guy ranked 20th or 30th in the weight class below his. This will be his 3rd cherry pick tuneup for Kovalev. Is he ever going to be ready. Ward wanted GGG to drop everything, give him an 8 pound weight advantage and fight him immediately. But Ward needs over a year and all these practice fights to share a ring with Kovalev. Lemieux, Monroe, Murray, Eubanks and even Wade are higher ranked than anybody Ward has fought in years.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Then tell Ward no deal. HBO didn't most likely because they had no quality opponents for Kov to fight since most of the best LHW's are with Haymon.

Any way you cut it HBO did this to themselves. You repeatedly post you think Kov/Ward will not fight. So no GGG/Ward, no GGG/Canelo and IYO no Ward/Kov.

Not hard to place blame, even for a trolling tool like yourself.
                i know how to place blame. whoever is not ward. works every time. 100 percent baby. undefeated.

Comment

I couldn't agree more. Ward lovers are often GGG haters. They praise Ward for his resume and trash GGG for fighting bums. The complete opposite is true. GGG fights 5 times as often as Ward against far stronger opposition. Ward hasn't fought anybody very good since he KOed a weight drained Dawson 4 or 5 years ago. he has averaged about a fight a year since then. GGG recently KOed a world champion while when Ward has one of his infrequent fights it's against some guy ranked 20th or 30th in the weight class below his. This will be his 3rd cherry pick tuneup for Kovalev. Is he ever going to be ready. Ward wanted GGG to drop everything, give him an 8 pound weight advantage and fight him immediately. But Ward needs over a year and all these practice fights to share a ring with Kovalev. Lemieux, Monroe, Murray, Eubanks and even Wade are higher ranked than anybody Ward has fought in years.
                  Posts like these are just as bad as those made by GGG haters, etc. You seem to purposely take things out of context to prove some type of point.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    Or the guy that hires testers privately and gets retroactive TUEs for a 15x the legal limit of a masking agent. Hires the shady guy that mixed those drinks lol. No shame
                    did mayweather duck drug testing for a decade...i'll wait

so if you accuse Mayweather and JMM, then accuse manny....he has been ducking drug tests til his pockets got low and he couldnt pay the IRS....deal with it

but you wont

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERBX View Post
                      The same they would think if he fought Pascal 2 times and a 50 year Bhop .
                      Ohhhhhhhhhh....!

Comment

Working...
                      X