Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if FMJ was fighting the likes of Brand in his prime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muslimer12 View Post
    when did he beat 15 champions in a row?

After winning the wbc title vs Gatti in 05 every fighter he has fought the last 10 years has either been a former world titleholder, current, or hall of famer

this is starting from 05

Gatti
    Sharmba Mitchell
    Judah
    Baldomir
    DLH
    Hatton
    JMM
    Mosley
    Victor Ortiz
    Cotto
    Guerrero
    Alvarez
    Maidana(2x)
    Pacquaio
    Berto

his last 16 fights, 15 opponents were all current or former champions......all in a row...yet the last ten years the man has been called a coward, a ducker, doesnt take risks

during this time span he won the wbc title at 140, the wbc at 147 twice, the wba, wbo, ibf, and unified the wba and wbc(2x) at 154

excuses the whole way through...either he would duck them or lose then he wins insert excuse

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      After winning the wbc title vs Gatti in 05 every fighter he has fought the last 10 years has either been a former world titleholder, current, or hall of famer

this is starting from 05

Gatti
      Sharmba Mitchell
      Judah
      Baldomir
      DLH
      Hatton
      JMM
      Mosley
      Victor Ortiz
      Cotto
      Guerrero
      Alvarez
      Maidana(2x)
      Pacquaio
      Berto

his last 16 fights, 15 opponents were all current or former champions......all in a row...yet the last ten years the man has been called a coward, a ducker, doesnt take risks

during this time span he won the wbc title at 140, the wbc at 147 twice, the wba, wbo, ibf, and unified the wba and wbc(2x) at 154

excuses the whole way through...either he would duck them or lose then he wins insert excuse
      fighting former title holders does not mean he fought 15 champions in a row. Ali was a former title holder, hall of famer, ATG, when he fought holmes and Berbick. But neither of those fighters get any credit cuz Ali was past his prime.

Comment

fighting former title holders does not mean he fought 15 champions in a row. Ali was a former title holder, hall of famer, ATG, when he fought holmes and Berbick. But neither of those fighters get any credit cuz Ali was past his prime.
        my point was he fought 15 current or former titlist in a row....pretty simple.....who else has done that and get criticized.....most of them were coming off big wins.

either way people sound stupid questioning his opposition but pump up fighters whose opposition isnt close

Comment

FMJ fans trying to give credit to Floyd for his oppositions prior achievements LMAO

Comment

my point was he fought 15 current or former titlist in a row....
            Come on what's the real number? How many ACTUAL champions in a row stat boy?

Comment

Originally posted by 1g5a22 View Post
              Come on what's the real number? How many ACTUAL champions in a row stat boy?
              He beat total of 22

Cotto held the wba 154
              ortiz wbc
              Mosley was # 1 at 147 held wba until he was stripped before they fought
              jmm was lightweight champ
              ricky hatton 140
              dlh wbc
              Baldomir wbc/lineal
              judah ibf

2006-2012

all the while he was fighting world class guys, hall of famers, and former champions he was labeled a coward and cherry picker

Comment

He beat total of 22

Cotto held the wba 154
                ortiz wbc
                ricky hatton 140
                dlh wbc
                Baldomir wbc/lineal
                judah ibf

2006-2012

all the while he was fighting world class guys, hall of famers, and former champions he was labeled a coward and cherry picker
                Just answer a simple question & stop trying to embellish it with convoluted answers to pump up your hero.

So 8 in a row then. Thanks.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/ar.../t-312420.html

Comment

He beat total of 22

Cotto held the wba 154
                  ortiz wbc
                  ricky hatton 140
                  dlh wbc
                  Baldomir wbc/lineal
                  judah ibf

2006-2012

You are actually being misleading again after researching a little. I asked for CHAMPIONS HE FOUGHT IN A ROW?! It's actually 6! 5 if you don't include THE RING belt he won fighting Guerrero. So it's not even 8. Longest streak he had fighting champion after champion (of the top 4 major organisations) was 6 (5 if you don't include winning Ring) Fact! Breaks fighting non champions in between fighting champions do not count! You were trying to suggest he fought them in a row, one after the other!
                  Last edited by 1g5a22; 07-01-2016, 09:41 AM.

Comment

I think most of the reasonable ppl here will give him a pass if he steps in the Ring as scheduled vs Kovalev , i dont want any big cuts or anything else that can stop the next fight , I want Ward vs Kovalev for P4P supermacy , as a BIG GGG fan I would love him to go into such a 50/50 fight and prove his greatness but alas we dont get it yet (hopefully we do someday) , Ward got his insurance check from HBO if things go bad for him vs Kov.
                    One thing that most reasonable ppl will agree as well , if Ward delays/cancel or anything like that the Kovalev fight i fully expect the reasonable fans to give him BIG flack for it as he got free money grabs to NOT do such a move.
                    Lets see the mega fight happen hoping for a great boxing match.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1g5a22 View Post
                      You are actually being misleading again after researching a little. I asked for CHAMPIONS HE FOUGHT IN A ROW?! It's actually 6! 5 if you don't include THE RING belt he won fighting Guerrero. So it's not even 8. Longest streak he had fighting champion after champion (of the top 4 major organisations) was 6 (5 if you don't include winning Ring) Fact! Breaks fighting non champions in between fighting champions do not count! You were trying to suggest he fought them in a row, one after the other!
                      no I clearly said he fought 15 former and current champions in a row

thats it, its not that deep

how about this....name some one else who has done that period..you cant

now to your point....who has else defeated 5-6 champions in row in recent memory.....i'll wait

lets not forget " mayweather afraid to take risk, he a ducker, he scared doe,!!!"

you idiots trashed a guy who clearly took more risks than anyone in his era just because you didnt like him

deal with it

Comment

Working...
                      X