Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if FMJ was fighting the likes of Brand in his prime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if FMJ was fighting the likes of Brand in his prime?

Brand is 39 & has fought 3 times in the last 3 years.. Only one name stands out on his resume (a loss to TO Badou Jack) Plied his trade as an amateur at MW too. Yet he's fighting Ward at 175! This is actually a jaw droppingly awful & comical opponent pick.. Is he even B level?! May as-well have got Russell Brand as an opponent.. What if FMJ was fighting these guys in his prime? Don't get me wrong I have my criticisms of FMJ but isn't Ward supposed to be the USA's boxing superstar right now? It's not like he doesn't have 175 opposition to chose from is it? It's stacked! I hadn't even heard of Brand til the other day.. Where does Ward get em from? Barrera & Brand I mean come on LOL Can someone explain the point of this fight? If you are going to ply your trade at 175 then at least be serious & don't make a mockery of it..
    Last edited by 1g5a22; 06-29-2016, 08:18 AM.

Originally posted by 1g5a22 View Post
    Brand is 39 & has fought 3 times in the last 3 years.. Only one name stands out on his resume (a loss to TO Badou Jack) Plied his trade as an amateur at MW too. Yet he's fighting Ward at 175! This is actually a jaw droppingly awful & comical opponent pick.. Is he even B level?! May as-well have got Russell Brand as an opponent.. What if FMJ was fighting these guys in his prime? Don't get me wrong I have my criticisms of FMJ but isn't Ward supposed to be the USA's boxing superstar right now? It's not like he doesn't have 175 opposition to chose from is it? It's stacked! I hadn't even heard of Brand til the other day.. Where does Ward get em from? Barrera & Brand I mean come on LOL Can someone explain the point of this fight?
    Floyd had people complaining and calling him a coward when he fought former champions(Berto, Guerrero)...hall of famers(JMM, Corrales) and all time greats (DLH, Mosley, Pac)

since some people didnt like him, whether it be in ring out of it, their was always a complaint or excuse

rinse, wash, repeat......you know that

Comment

Originally posted by 1g5a22 View Post
      Brand is 39 & has fought 3 times in the last 3 years.. Only one name stands out on his resume (a loss to TO Badou Jack) Plied his trade as an amateur at MW too. Yet he's fighting Ward at 175! This is actually a jaw droppingly awful & comical opponent pick.. Is he even B level?! May as-well have got Russell Brand as an opponent.. What if FMJ was fighting these guys in his prime? Don't get me wrong I have my criticisms of FMJ but isn't Ward supposed to be the USA's boxing superstar right now? It's not like he doesn't have 175 opposition to chose from is it? It's stacked! I hadn't even heard of Brand til the other day.. Where does Ward get em from? Barrera & Brand I mean come on LOL Can someone explain the point of this fight? If you are going to ply your trade at 175 then at least be serious & don't make a mockery of it..
      HBO is making the fight to build to Ward v Kov. They obviously do not want Ward to lose before that fight so they ok'd an easy opponent and are pretty much paying Ward to spar.

Comment

i actually had brand beating badou jack so this guy is the goods. i tihnk an upset is likely. betting the house on brand in order to get 500 houses in return. how can you turn down 500 houses? it would be stupid not to do it

Comment

The same they would think if he fought Pascal 2 times and a 50 year Bhop .

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            Floyd had people complaining and calling him a coward when he fought former champions(Berto, Guerrero)...hall of famers(JMM, Corrales) and all time greats (DLH, Mosley, Pac)

since some people didnt like him, whether it be in ring out of it, their was always a complaint or excuse

rinse, wash, repeat......you know that
            just because floyd fought better opponents than brand doesn't mean he's above criticsm. that's a pretty low standard to have. "well floyd foght berto who's better than alexander brand so we can't criticize him at all even thogh much better opponents were out there"

Comment

look at The Big Dunn happily slurping ward's diarhea

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                [B][U]Floyd had people complaining and calling him a coward when he fought former champions(Berto, Guerrero)
                Neither of which are anywhere near as bad.. What is the point of this fight? Ward is US boxing's poster boy right now isn't he.. Why is he fighting a Director of Sand Bags?

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
                  look at The Big Dunn happily slurping ward's diarhea
                  Huh??????????????????????????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERBX View Post
                    The same they would think if he fought Pascal 2 times and a 50 year Bhop .
                    Exactly WHO has Brand beat let alone fought? Most I can find out about him is he's an Extreme Unicyclist in his spare time..
                    Last edited by 1g5a22; 06-29-2016, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X