Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People that say GGG needs to move up are...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People will stop wanting him to move up or down when his team and fans stop saying he beats everyone 154-168.

Comment

People will stop wanting him to move up or down when his team and fans stop saying he beats everyone 154-168.
      Sorry, that makes too much sense...

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
        Problem is no one wants to step up.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          I have no desire to see him risk defeat be fighting above his best weight.
          See? Was that hard? You admitted it finally.

This is all the rest of us want you GGG fans to admit. You don't want him to risk getting beat, so you want him to stay in a weight class with no risk.

Which means you have no confidence in him as a fighter if you don't believe he can truly be the best. You're satisfied with him being the best "for now". LOL

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

This is all the rest of us want you GGG fans to admit. You don't want him to risk getting beat, so you want him to stay in a weight class with no risk.

Which means you have no confidence in him as a fighter if you don't believe he can truly be the best. You're satisfied with him being the best "for now". LOL
            You're probably replying to a GGG hater/troll. How come GGG has to move up, but Marvin Hagler was perfectly fine at dominating MW for all those years?

GGG is at his perfect weight class, and he's 34 for God's sake. He's already a small MW, and doesn't have anymore room to grow. He's a monster at MW, so isn't it on the other MW contenders to try and beat him, or solve the puzzle?

It's nothing more than Floyd fighting at his natural and correct weight of 147. If you really want Gennady to do what Floyd did, then OK, have him fight a past his prime fighter at 168 with a big name (how about a Kessler or a Froch), then fight an up and comer with a relatively big name, that's already having a hard time making the weight, then making him squeeze down another 2 lbs.

If that's what you really want him to do.

And again, you can't use Floyd and Manny as examples for GGG to follow. He doesn't have their same fighting style, and his style isn't as conducive to being as successful at a weight in which he shouldn't be fighting at in the first place. He's the seek and destroy fighter. Like I said before, it's up to the other top MWs to actually fight him, and try to beat him. He's the man at 160, let him continue to be the man. Why does he have to move up?

It's easier for guys like Floyd, and Manny to move up, because they're agile and movers. Those types of boxers/fighters have an advantage at the same time that they're being outweighed, because they're naturally quicker and cat like in their movements.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

True enough, though there's more. What makes the majority of Golovkin fans so obnoxious is not that they don't want him talking chances, it's that they give him credit for those fights he won't take. When challenging fights are proposed, the fans are dismissive, even when it's a smaller guy like Lara who is talking all the risk.

I'm fine with Golovkin staying at 160 just like in fine with Canelo fighting wherever he's comfortable, but when fans start heaping undeserved praise for fights a guy won't take (like the idiots who pretend Ward ducked Golovkin), that's where I call them out on their fanboy nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                ****ing ******ed. You guys act like the guys 25, and still has room to grow, and dwarfing his opponents. The guys in his 30's, and comes into the ring at like 168 for God's sake. The man is actually smaller than Canelo.

When the hell's the last time GGG made his opponent look smaller. If anything, a lot of the MWs are bigger than him.

The guy is an exact MW. No more, no less. If he moves up, he's always gonna be the smaller man, and with his style, it's not as easy to be successful as he moves up. Guys like Floyd and Pacquiao can move up and be successful agaisnt bigger guys, because of their style of fighting, and their movement, and speed.

GGG is a pressure fighter that isn't great off his backfoot like most fleet footed, slick counter punchers. Use common sense.
                That is insane man, ya'll want Mayweather at 39 to fight GGG but GGG doesnt have to move up ever...amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  True enough, though there's more. What makes the majority of Golovkin fans so obnoxious is not that they don't want him talking chances, it's that they give him credit for those fights he won't take. When challenging fights are proposed, the fans are dismissive, even when it's a smaller guy like Lara who is talking all the risk.

I'm fine with Golovkin staying at 160 just like in fine with Canelo fighting wherever he's comfortable, but when fans start heaping undeserved praise for fights a guy won't take (like the idiots who pretend Ward ducked Golovkin), that's where I call them out on their fanboy nonsense.
                  I'm just gonna reply to his post through yours, since I don't want to double quote. His post is idiotic, and nonsensical. Prove that he's the best? What the hell has he been doing this whole time? It's up to his challengers to try and beat him. Also, "best for now"? What the hell does that even mean? We've already established that MW is his correct division. What does he have to prove? He doesn't have an obligation to move up, because he's not even a normal sized MW. He's actually small for his weight class. Again, it's the same as Floyd or Manny fighting at WW.

GGG haters are the worst, but at the same time, I agree with YOUR post, not his. I don't like his fans that go overboard with their GGG fandom.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
                    That is insane man, ya'll want Mayweather at 39 to fight GGG but GGG doesnt have to move up ever...amazing
                    When did I say that? And GGG IS moved up. I don't think some of you guys seem to be understanding this.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                      When did I say that? And GGG IS moved up. I don't think some of you guys seem to be understanding this.
                      AS A PRO!!!! HE HAS NOT MOVED UP!!! since when do we count moving up as an amateur??? ya'll moved the goal post so much for GGG..As a Floyd fan he got held to ridiculous standards and never given credit yet ya'll praise GGG for doing absolutely nothing but knocking out c class fighters and cry any time he is challenged to do more. Just read your opening post, you have 0 faith in him yet want him to be called great somehow, he turned pro at 24...how many divisions did Mayweather and Manny move up from when they were 24?? hell Broner has moved up after 24..GGG NEVER HAS TO MOVE UP IF HE DOESNT WANT TO BUT DAMN STOP GIVING HIM UNDESERVED PRAISE WHILE SLAMMING OTHERS...
                      Last edited by Larry the boss; 06-06-2016, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X