Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do We Continue to Recognize the Lineal Championship When....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
    They are historically synonymous...although new/recent changes to their rules have deviated from the original purpose.
    Aka they are not the same.

Comment

Originally posted by gamesworn View Post
      Now tell me why Bradley was not considered as number 2 in the division. Thurman, Porter and Kell needs to fight each other to prove themselves. At least Bradley prove it by handling himself well against the best of the last generation.
      Because just because he has the next best resume at WW doesn't necessarily mean he's the next highest ranked nor does it make him the undisputied universal #2 in the divison.

He was 2-1-1 going into the fight, he got dropped by Vargas , looked like **** against Chavez and got a draw, got dominated by Pacquaio and almost killed against Ruslan. He has one impressive win at the weight and that's Marquez.

That ain't the universal #2 when there's other title holders in the division who are in the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by gamesworn View Post
        Now tell me why Bradley was not considered as number 2 in the division. Thurman, Porter and Kell needs to fight each other to prove themselves. At least Bradley prove it by handling himself well against the best of the last generation.
        Brook did beat Porter and a lot of people had him ahead of Bradley in the rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
          No he isn't more proven, JMM's only WW win was against Pacquiao who people also claim isn't really a WW. Bradley WW record has no wins against top WW on it.
          Nonsense reply. So Mayweather wins against fighter who climb up in WW to fight him, holds no weight to his WW career. Hagler wins against Hearns mean nothing too in his MW career. It didn't add anything on their careers. This was based on your logic, of course.

I will stop arguing you with because you are one of the unreasonable Floyd fans here. It will save me some time

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
            Mayweather didn't lose and would have been #1 until he did if he didn't decide to take some time off. Also Pacquiao would have probably never have got the DLH fight which launched him as a superstar. Pacquiao benefited from Mayweather stepping out of the limelight.
            I doubt Mayweather would have contd being p4p no. 1 with wins over the likes of Guerrero and Ortiz while Pacquiao was beating Cotto, Bradley, Marquez and Marg.

Then again, with the relationship he had with GBP at the time, he probably would be lol

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
              Aka they are not the same.
              On principle they are coherent thats why we refer to it when determining/researching as a point of reference ; the recent reformation to the criteria adds perspective as too who hold a more valid claim to being the man. I'm not going argue thats its 100 percent identical but we get the point.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                I doubt Mayweather would have contd being p4p no. 1 with wins over the likes of Guerrero and Ortiz while Pacquiao was beating Cotto, Bradley, Marquez and Marg.

Then again, with the relationship he had with GBP at the time, he probably would be lol
                Would those fights have even happened for Pacquiao? Would he have even gone to WW?

Mayweather beat the guy who beat Margarito. Mayweather beat Marquez at the same weight Pacquiao did and dominated. Mayweather beat Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                  On principle they are coherent thats why we refer to it when determining/researching as a point of reference ; the recent reformation to the criteria adds perspective as too who hold a more valid claim to being the man. I'm not going argue thats its 100 percent identical but we get the point.
                  Not sure what you're arguing about. If they aren't always the same thing, then they're not the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                    Not sure what you're arguing about. If they aren't always the same thing, then they're not the same thing.
                    I already explained why we consider the ring title as the closest title or the embodiment if you will to the initial premise..but nvm moving on.
                    Last edited by 1hourRun; 05-26-2016, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Because just because he has the next best resume at WW doesn't necessarily mean he's the next highest ranked nor does it make him the undisputied universal #2 in the divison.

He was 2-1-1 going into the fight, he got dropped by Vargas , looked like **** against Chavez and got a draw, got dominated by Pacquaio and almost killed against Ruslan. He has one impressive win at the weight and that's Marquez.

That ain't the universal #2 when there's other title holders in the division who are in the mix.
                      I disagree with this. Your resume was and still the most important thing when ranking fighters and Bradley prove that. Yes he struggled to some of his fight but still he won against Vargas and Ruslan. He was competitive with Pacquiao and won at least 4 rounds to him. His competition in WW is much better than any current WW.

Bradley wins over Marquez is a much better win than Brook over Porter. Add Bradleys number of wins in WW like Vargas, Ruslan, Rios. He is much better than Brook before Pac-Brad 3.

Of course getting knock down twice by Pacquiao in their third fight will have huge effect in his WW ranking.
                      Last edited by gamesworn; 05-26-2016, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X