Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Coach: Golovkin Has Beaten Nobody, Lower Level Foes!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
    I agree, but that doesn't excuse Canelo for holding the MW belts but only being willing to defend them @ 155.

That is a less than macho move and he'll never live up to his forebears with that kind of feggitry.

That is exactly what we thought when Golovkin talked all that **** and then ducked Andre Ward.

Now you guys are comparing him to Hopkins

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      Hey, GGG doesn't have to listen! Don't be like B-Hop who agreed to a catch-weight and then became a superstar! Don't be like Mayweather and go up in weight to beat Oscar, and go on to become the highest paid athlete EVER! Just keep doing what you're doing! Don't fight Ward, don't fight Canelo, just keep fighting Dominic Wade!

hahaha exactly

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
        "He didn't fight for Cotto's belt" I guess that's why he's about to pay a sanctioning fee to defend it. He fought for the nugget and we all know that. I'm honestly tired of fans talking about people fighting for legacy, I guess he fought a long ago washed up Mosley for legacy too, josesito lopez, what Rod Salka next? There is no active fighter fighting for legacy, NONE. If they were we wouldn't have all this bullshhh diva shh going on in the sport.

Absolute bull****, it's like you guys started following boxing yesterday.

Canelo was chasing a Cotto fight YEARS before Cotto accidentally picked up the middleweight strap due to Martinez' leg falling off.

That fight would have happened anyway.

The reason why that fight would have happened anyway is because Canelo was willing to negotiate with the A-side in order to make a meaningful fight..... which does not apply to Golovkin.

The hardware simply came along with that win over the JMW Cotto.

I agree that Canelo should dump the belt..... but he won't.

I also think that Golovkin should sack-up and start to become a man of his word..... but he won't.

So, here we are.

Comment

• Originally posted by titan m View Post
          Are you high or something ? Or am I misunderstanding you? Canelo is the one manipulating his opponents on the scale by refusing to defend his middleweight title at the middleweight limit, especially when its against a mandatory challenger, not a voluntary defense, fight at 160 or drop the belt is how I see it, I don't buy into the A-side bull**** no matter who it is.

You might be mistaking me for something that I'm not, and that's a fan boy of any boxer, including Golovkin. I am a Golovkin fan but I'll tell you where I stand on everything you brought up aside from the Canelo situation, I think you know my stance on that.

As far as the 154 comment I think he was saying that in hopes of getting Mayweather at 154 because he'd love to be the one to knockoff Mayweather (everybody would if we're being honest) but wont drop for Canelo because for one, he doesn't have to, Canelo is holding onto his middleweight belt and two, even though Canelo would be a good win it wont get him the recognition that beating Mayweather would and that's not really even up for debate.

As far as the 168 comment goes, they shouldn't have said that then called for Ward to drop in weight while saying he would go up to 168 for Froch or whoever else, it leaves them open for the criticism he's getting for it. On top of that he always said he wanted to stick at 160 and unify, he should have stuck to that if that's the plan instead of mentioning anybody above 160 because now its getting thrown back in his face. The other issue I have with Golovkin is he let Canelo drag this out by accepting step aside money instead of demanding the fight or the belt long ago, I don't know his reasons for it but I wish he didn't do it and I hope he demands either the Canelo fight next or the belt just to put an end to all this bull****.

Back to your other comment though, the only one hiding behind anything in the GGG/Canelo situation is Canelo hiding behind Oscar and his claims of being the A-side so he doesn't have to take the most dangerous and logical fight available to him. Either defend the belt or **** off and let it go is still my stance on that.

The problem I have with you guys trying to defend Canelo is there is really no excuse for what he's doing, the only defense you hear for him are this A-side bull**** or the subject gets deflected to Andre Ward or some comment from a year or two ago about somebody else instead of focusing on the actual GGG/Canelo situation and how its being handled.

You are misunderstanding me.

You are correct in that..... " most boxing fans don't like all the games that are getting played with the titles "..... but, it goes further than that.

Most boxing fans don't like all the games that are getting played, PERIOD.

Attempting to insinuate that Lovekin is not playing any games, LIKE YOU DID ABOVE, is..... not accurate..... and I will just leave it there.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
            The hypocritical part people don't rock with. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, if you'll fight one man at a weight then you should fight any man at the weight. Not saying Canelo is right, but I'm saying GGG goes around acting like the world's most feared, most ducked fighter while playing the same games others get shade for. Canelo does this and has done this for a while we know who he is, GGG is a bit more fraudulent and definitely less tested.

EXACTLY !

Great post !

Comment

• Originally posted by titan m View Post
              There's nothing hypocritical about it, If you don't see the difference between a win over Mayweather and a win over Canelo I don't know what to say to you. Fighters are more likely to disadvantage themselves for the chance to be the
              person to beat Floyd Mayweather but Canelo is not Mayweather. I didn't agree with the advantages Mayweather asked for and got against other fighters but I understand why they took the chances they did, a win over Mayweather would be huge but a win over Canelo is just a win over Canelo. I wont lie and say its not a good win but its not the same as snatching Mayweathers 0, not even close.

I can't understand how people can say if he'll do it for Floyd then why not for Canelo? it doesn't make sense. Just because Mayweather retired doesn't automatically vault Canelo into the position Mayweather created for himself and when you add the whole middleweight title into the picture it just gets more ridiculous. The two scenario's are totally different between Mayweather and Canelo.

Nah, that is rubbish, and yet another convenient excuse to protect Lovekin.

If you can make 154, then you can make 154, PERIOD !

That is blatant cherry-picking..... Golovkin wanted to fight little old feather-fisted Floyd at 154, but he doesn't want anything to do with the young red stud Canelo at 155..... just like Golovkin did at 168 by chasing Froch and then ducking Ward.

I don't know how you can support that bull****, Canelo has never done anything like that.

Canelo doesn't lie to me, like Golovkin does.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                You are misunderstanding me.

You are correct in that..... " most boxing fans don't like all the games that are getting played with the titles "..... but, it goes further than that.

Most boxing fans don't like all the games that are getting played, PERIOD.

Attempting to insinuate that Lovekin is not playing any games, LIKE YOU DID ABOVE, is..... not accurate..... and I will just leave it there.
                Yeah, you don't make a whole lot of sense so you probably should just leave it there. Same for the other post you quoted me on, you seem to be in troll mode now. Anyway have a good one.

Comment

Nah, that is rubbish, and yet another convenient excuse to protect Lovekin.

If you can make 154, then you can make 154, PERIOD !

That is blatant cherry-picking..... Golovkin wanted to fight little old feather-fisted Floyd at 154, but he doesn't want anything to do with the young red stud Canelo at 155..... just like Golovkin did at 168 by chasing Froch and then ducking Ward.

I don't know how you can support that bull****, Canelo has never done anything like that.

Canelo doesn't lie to me, like Golovkin does.
                  you talk about cherrypicking a lot.
                  Aren't you a Floyd fan? The master of cherrypicking!

Comment

• Isn't it aboutfkntime you just stopped posting? 6 posts in a row. Shut the **** up already.

Comment

He should fight Golovkin.....

But, Canelo knows that Golovkin pulled that catchweight bull**** on Ward..... and Canelo also knows that Golovkin tried to justify that catchweight bull**** on Ward by stating that he is the A-side.

So, Canelo figures that.....

1) I am the A-side
                      2) Team Golovkin use those very same negotiating tactics themselves
                      3) Everyone else uses catchweights..... Pacquiao used them in more than half-a-dozen fights, Cotto, even Mayweather, etc.....
                      4) Golovkin is an experienced middleweight, I am not an experienced middleweight..... and Golovkin has been publicly stating for years that he can beat anyone at 154.

I don't know if you could call that rationale justified, that likely depends which camp you support..... but it is somewhat understandable, especially considering the fact that Golovkin is such a beast at 160.

But regardless as to how loudly they cry, Team Golovkin understand perfectly..... because they did the exact same thing to Ward.
                      You make some good points and it's all so frustrating! Golovkin said he would go down to 154 for Mayweather, maybe just make the sacrifice for Canelo. GGG seems to make 160 very easily and came in at 159 last fight. I guess the only thing in GGG's favour is that Canelo WILL get stripped should he beat Khan and refuse to face GGG at 160. Time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                      X