Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Coach: Golovkin Has Beaten Nobody, Lower Level Foes!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    According to Loeffler, Ward has to beat Kovalev to get a shot at lil'G.

If you remove the technicalities, and that is all the WBC middleweight strap is my friend...... then the situations are nearly identical.

BOTH tried to disadvantage their opponents on the scale (and you don't get to decide that one of those situations is acceptable because there was no title at stake), and BOTH have made a tonne of weak excuses.....

..... just providing some balance man.
    Its not me deciding what's acceptable, its how boxing works, well until you run into guys who think they're bigger than the sport then things change. Champions defend their titles against the best ranked challengers and when two guys in different divisions want to fight with no title at stake they can meet somewhere in the middle if need be. Its easy for fans to say titles don't matter but to fighters they do because they bring more money and more opportunities.

Comment

• Originally posted by titan m View Post
      Its not me deciding what's acceptable, its how boxing works, well until you run into guys who think they're bigger than the sport then things change. Champions defend their titles against the best ranked challengers and when two guys in different divisions want to fight with no title at stake they can meet somewhere in the middle if need be. Its easy for fans to say titles don't matter but to fighters they do because they bring more money and more opportunities.

He is obviously not a genuine middleweight champion.

He beat lil old 153lb Cotto.

Poor Golovkin, how sad for him.

BTW, this..... " guys who think they're bigger than the sport ", is GGG.

Anyone from 154-168 doe, 164lb catchweight for Ward doe.

Chuckguy just admitted that Golovkin is doing THE EXACT SAME THING..... why is it so hard for you?

Comment

He is obviously not a genuine middleweight champion.

He beat lil old 153lb Cotto.

Poor Golovkin, how sad for him.

BTW, this..... " guys who think they're bigger than the sport ", is GGG.

Anyone from 154-168 doe, 164lb catchweight for Ward doe.

Chuckguy just admitted that Golovkin is doing THE EXACT SAME THING..... why is it so hard for you?
        Wasn't that 154-168 interview like 3 years ago? Its not important anyway because GGG needs to prove himself before Canelo the god (in his own mind) will fight him and the only logical way for him to do prove himself is go up to 175 and fight Kovalev. Anyway man I'm done with this, you see it your way and I see it mine and neither of us are changing our minds or making any new points so its been fun, have a good one.

Comment

• Originally posted by titan m View Post
          Wasn't that 154-168 interview like 3 years ago?
          What is the statute of limitations on a lie ?

You just admitted that they failed to live up to their hype.

They made that comment repeatedly, for 2-3 years, since at least 2013.

The PR/marketing strategy that they used for Golovkin was.....

* anyone from 154-168
          * everybody is ducking Gennady

Team Golovkin stated that Gennady can beat anyone at 154 immediately following the Lemieux fight.....
          http://www.boxingscene.com/sanchez-n...olovkin--97123

Originally posted by titan m View Post
          Its not important anyway because GGG needs to prove himself before Canelo the god (in his own mind) will fight him and the only logical way for him to do prove himself is go up to 175 and fight Kovalev. Anyway man I'm done with this, you see it your way and I see it mine and neither of us are changing our minds or making any new points so its been fun, have a good one.

Nah, Hopkins is just being a promoter, and is most likely making excuses for Canelo..... Kovalev/Golovkin is ridiculous, and will never happen.

I will not accept weak excuses to protect Canelo, any more than I will accept weak excuses to protect Golovkin.

Canelo is ducking Golovkin, AT 160..... but Canelo is not fighting anyone else at 160 either, and yet Team Golovkin have mentioned fighting at least 6 other guys at 168.

Golovkin's problem is, it appears that he is ducking Canelo at 155.

1) he said that he can beat Mayweather, and anyone else, at 154
          2) he was willing to consider a cw for Rosado, Floyd, Cotto, Brook
          3) considering point 1 and 2, it would be incredibly difficult to not label Golovkin as a ducker, if he walks away from the HUGE payday by refusing to negotiate on the weight

His PR team have painted him into a corner, but hard luck for him..... Gennady ran with all their bull****, and he personally co-signed the situation with Ward..... just like Pacquiao did with Arum for 5+ years.

We will have to agree to disagree.

peace

Comment

What is the statute of limitations on a lie ?

You just admitted that they failed to live up to their hype.

They made that comment repeatedly, for 2-3 years, since at least 2013.

The PR/marketing strategy that they used for Golovkin was.....

* anyone from 154-168
            * everybody is ducking Gennady

Team Golovkin stated that Gennady can beat anyone at 154 immediately following the Lemieux fight.....
            http://www.boxingscene.com/sanchez-n...olovkin--97123

Nah, Hopkins is just being a promoter, and is most likely making excuses for Canelo..... Kovalev/Golovkin is ridiculous, and will never happen.

I will not accept weak excuses to protect Canelo, any more than I will accept weak excuses to protect Golovkin.

Canelo is ducking Golovkin, AT 160..... but Canelo is not fighting anyone else at 160 either, and yet Team Golovkin have mentioned fighting at least 6 other guys at 168.

Golovkin's problem is, it appears that he is ducking Canelo at 155.

1) he said that he can beat Mayweather, and anyone else, at 154
            2) he was willing to consider a cw for Rosado, Floyd, Cotto, Brook
            3) considering point 1 and 2, it would be incredibly difficult to not label Golovkin as a ducker, if he walks away from the HUGE payday by refusing to negotiate on the weight

His PR team have painted him into a corner, but hard luck for him..... Gennady ran with all their bull****, and he personally co-signed the situation with Ward..... just like Pacquiao did with Arum for 5+ years.

We will have to agree to disagree.

peace
            exactly, and not to mention the fact he crying about "its all about the belt" but if that was the case then he would have NEVER ACCEPTED STEP ASIDE MONEY. Then he started crying about "respect boxing" when canelo said 155 but then ggg wanted ward to defend his smw title at a catchweight of 164 lol what happen to "respect boxing" there?

Comment

• Canela would be another lower level foe.

Comment

• Originally posted by .!WAR CANELO!. View Post
                exactly, and not to mention the fact he crying about "its all about the belt" but if that was the case then he would have NEVER ACCEPTED STEP ASIDE MONEY. Then he started crying about "respect boxing" when canelo said 155 but then ggg wanted ward to defend his smw title at a catchweight of 164 lol what happen to "respect boxing" there?

Exactly !

The Golovkin fans who are making out that Team Bull**** give a flying fat fk about the integrity of boxing, are..... " special ".

Only ONE thing has changed.

Now, the shoe is on the other foot, and Canelo is the A-side..... that's it!

When Golovkin avoided Ward, it was all about the money..... and yet NOW, it is all about the integrity of boxing

You're right about their convenient revolving respect for boxing..... but where did their convenient revolving respect for money go? LMAO

Comment

Working...
                X