Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Coach: Golovkin Has Beaten Nobody, Lower Level Foes!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by victorythagr8 View Post
    He didn't fight for cotto's belt. He fought a big name to add on his legacy and along with the big paycheck. The belt was just a bonus.

It is the same reason why GGG is hiding behind these belts and only calling out cotto, floyd, canelo and froch which are all big money draw.
    "He didn't fight for Cotto's belt" I guess that's why he's about to pay a sanctioning fee to defend it. He fought for the nugget and we all know that. I'm honestly tired of fans talking about people fighting for legacy, I guess he fought a long ago washed up Mosley for legacy too, josesito lopez, what Rod Salka next? There is no active fighter fighting for legacy, NONE. If they were we wouldn't have all this bullshhh diva shh going on in the sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      Eddy Reynoso, trainer of WBC middleweight champion Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez (46-1-1, 32KOs), says his fighter has fought a much higher level of opposition in comparison to WBA/IBO/IBF champion Gennady 'GGG' Golovkin (35-0, 32KOs).

[Click Here To Read More]
      Martin Murray would have kicked Canelo all over the ring....and GGG destroyed Murray....that is just one example.....Stevens would have also given Canelo all he could handle.....the only knock against GGG is his opponent level...I don't knock that because I know when a fighter is being ducked....and GGG is being ducked...

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        I think you have missed my point a little bit bro.

Most boxing fans don't like all the games that are getting played, PERIOD.

Golovkin hiding behind his mandatory position..... after stating for THREE YEARS that he can "beat anyone from 154-168"..... AND, after pulling that exact same catchweight rubbish with Ward by stating that is is the A-side.....

..... Golovkin proved that he is exactly the same as everyone else.

I actually think he's much worse.

I agree that Canelo should drop the belt..... but Canelo did not lie to me, Golovkin did.

I can't take your position too seriously my friend..... that the titles are sacred, but you can manipulate your opponent on the scales, no problem.

I'm old school, I don't roll like that.
        Are you high or something ? Or am I misunderstanding you? Canelo is the one manipulating his opponents on the scale by refusing to defend his middleweight title at the middleweight limit, especially when its against a mandatory challenger, not a voluntary defense, fight at 160 or drop the belt is how I see it, I don't buy into the A-side bull**** no matter who it is.

You might be mistaking me for something that I'm not, and that's a fan boy of any boxer, including Golovkin. I am a Golovkin fan but I'll tell you where I stand on everything you brought up aside from the Canelo situation, I think you know my stance on that.

As far as the 154 comment I think he was saying that in hopes of getting Mayweather at 154 because he'd love to be the one to knockoff Mayweather (everybody would if we're being honest) but wont drop for Canelo because for one, he doesn't have to, Canelo is holding onto his middleweight belt and two, even though Canelo would be a good win it wont get him the recognition that beating Mayweather would and that's not really even up for debate.

As far as the 168 comment goes, they shouldn't have said that then called for Ward to drop in weight while saying he would go up to 168 for Froch or whoever else, it leaves them open for the criticism he's getting for it. On top of that he always said he wanted to stick at 160 and unify, he should have stuck to that if that's the plan instead of mentioning anybody above 160 because now its getting thrown back in his face. The other issue I have with Golovkin is he let Canelo drag this out by accepting step aside money instead of demanding the fight or the belt long ago, I don't know his reasons for it but I wish he didn't do it and I hope he demands either the Canelo fight next or the belt just to put an end to all this bull****.

Back to your other comment though, the only one hiding behind anything in the GGG/Canelo situation is Canelo hiding behind Oscar and his claims of being the A-side so he doesn't have to take the most dangerous and logical fight available to him. Either defend the belt or **** off and let it go is still my stance on that.

The problem I have with you guys trying to defend Canelo is there is really no excuse for what he's doing, the only defense you hear for him are this A-side bull**** or the subject gets deflected to Andre Ward or some comment from a year or two ago about somebody else instead of focusing on the actual GGG/Canelo situation and how its being handled.

Comment

• Originally posted by titan m View Post
          Are you high or something ? Or am I misunderstanding you? Canelo is the one manipulating his opponents on the scale by refusing to defend his middleweight title at the middleweight limit, especially when its against a mandatory challenger, not a voluntary defense, fight at 160 or drop the belt is how I see it, I don't buy into the A-side bull**** no matter who it is.

You might be mistaking me for something that I'm not, and that's a fan boy of any boxer, including Golovkin. I am a Golovkin fan but I'll tell you where I stand on everything you brought up aside from the Canelo situation, I think you know my stance on that.

As far as the 154 comment I think he was saying that in hopes of getting Mayweather at 154 because he'd love to be the one to knockoff Mayweather (everybody would if we're being honest) but wont drop for Canelo because for one, he doesn't have to, Canelo is holding onto his middleweight belt and two, even though Canelo would be a good win it wont get him the recognition that beating Mayweather would and that's not really even up for debate.

As far as the 168 comment goes, they shouldn't have said that then called for Ward to drop in weight while saying he would go up to 168 for Froch or whoever else, it leaves them open for the criticism he's getting for it. On top of that he always said he wanted to stick at 160 and unify, he should have stuck to that if that's the plan instead of mentioning anybody above 160 because now its getting thrown back in his face. The other issue I have with Golovkin is he let Canelo drag this out by accepting step aside money instead of demanding the fight or the belt long ago, I don't know his reasons for it but I wish he didn't do it and I hope he demands either the Canelo fight next or the belt just to put an end to all this bull****.

Back to your other comment though, the only one hiding behind anything in the GGG/Canelo situation is Canelo hiding behind Oscar and his claims of being the A-side so he doesn't have to take the most dangerous and logical fight available to him. Either defend the belt or **** off and let it go is still my stance on that.

The problem I have with you guys trying to defend Canelo is there is really no excuse for what he's doing, the only defense you hear for him are this A-side bull**** or the subject gets deflected to Andre Ward or some comment from a year or two ago about somebody else instead of focusing on the actual GGG/Canelo situation and how its being handled.
          The hypocritical part people don't rock with. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, if you'll fight one man at a weight then you should fight any man at the weight. Not saying Canelo is right, but I'm saying GGG goes around acting like the world's most feared, most ducked fighter while playing the same games others get shade for. Canelo does this and has done this for a while we know who he is, GGG is a bit more fraudulent and definitely less tested.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
            The hypocritical part people don't rock with. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, if you'll fight one man at a weight then you should fight any man at the weight. Not saying Canelo is right, but I'm saying GGG goes around acting like the world's most feared, most ducked fighter while playing the same games others get shade for. Canelo does this and has done this for a while we know who he is, GGG is a bit more fraudulent and definitely less tested.
            There's nothing hypocritical about it, If you don't see the difference between a win over Mayweather and a win over Canelo I don't know what to say to you. Fighters are more likely to disadvantage themselves for the chance to be the
            person to beat Floyd Mayweather but Canelo is not Mayweather. I didn't agree with the advantages Mayweather asked for and got against other fighters but I understand why they took the chances they did, a win over Mayweather would be huge but a win over Canelo is just a win over Canelo. I wont lie and say its not a good win but its not the same as snatching Mayweathers 0, not even close.

I can't understand how people can say if he'll do it for Floyd then why not for Canelo? it doesn't make sense. Just because Mayweather retired doesn't automatically vault Canelo into the position Mayweather created for himself and when you add the whole middleweight title into the picture it just gets more ridiculous. The two scenario's are totally different between Mayweather and Canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by titan m View Post
              There's nothing hypocritical about it, If you don't see the difference between a win over Mayweather and a win over Canelo I don't know what to say to you. Fighters are more likely to disadvantage themselves for the chance to be the
              person to beat Floyd Mayweather but Canelo is not Mayweather. I didn't agree with the advantages Mayweather asked for and got against other fighters but I understand why they took the chances they did, a win over Mayweather would be huge but a win over Canelo is just a win over Canelo. I wont lie and say its not a good win but its not the same as snatching Mayweathers 0, not even close.

I can't understand how people can say if he'll do it for Floyd then why not for Canelo? it doesn't make sense. Just because Mayweather retired doesn't automatically vault Canelo into the position Mayweather created for himself and when you add the whole middleweight title into the picture it just gets more ridiculous. The two scenario's are totally different between Mayweather and Canelo.
              Hypocritical means contradictory. Mayweather isn't Jesus Christ. Either GGG will fight at jmw or he won't. If you #1 say that you will beat anyone from 154-168, then 2 call out a ww (arguably TBE) and ask him to move up in weight, while avoiding another champ in that exact division, then you're a hypocrite.

I understand the business aspect of it, but he should say these are business decisions and don't put on this front. Ward would have been his best opponent yet, Canelo would be his best opponent yet, he wouldn't be the best either have fought. He thinks he deserves star treatment but he's just a guy right now and should humble himself

Comment

• Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
                Hypocritical means contradictory. Mayweather isn't Jesus Christ. Either GGG will fight at jmw or he won't. If you #1 say that you will beat anyone from 154-168, then 2 call out a ww (arguably TBE) and ask him to move up in weight, while avoiding another champ in that exact division, then you're a hypocrite.

I understand the business aspect of it, but he should say these are business decisions and don't put on this front. Ward would have been his best opponent yet, Canelo would be his best opponent yet, he wouldn't be the best either have fought. He thinks he deserves star treatment but he's just a guy right now and should humble himself
                I know what hypocritical means and like I said there's nothing hypocritical about it, GGG/Canelo and GGG/Floyd are two different situations. Whether you like Mayweather or not he's on a different level than Canelo plus he's not a middleweight champion who hasn't made 154 in 3 years and last time he tried to make it he missed weight. The situations aren't even close to similar.

If Canelo wasn't holding that middleweight title and was asking for a catch weight I wouldn't say a word but the fact is he's holding a middleweight title that GGG is next in line to fight for and I don't care how popular Canelo thinks he is, either fight him or give up the belt.

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                  You have the nerve to sit there calling me a liar when youre misquoting me? You're leaving out the most important word in my phrase there, which is CHAMPION! He can fight at whatever weight he wants and call himself whatever he wants, but if he wears the belt, he needs to walk the walk. MW is up to 160. If he cant fight against a 160lber, then drop down to 154 and be gone.

And I cannot call a fighter that fights in the middleweight division a JMW. Canelo has not weighed154 or below since Floyd in 2013. You call him what you want, but he's been fighting at middleweight for years now. And dont misquote me and try to represent that Im saying Canelo is a junior middleweight, I said I think he can. But until he actually does, hes a 155 fighter

I did not misquote you kid, I quoted you DIRECTLY.....

You spent your "valuable" time attempting to convince me that Canelo is a genuine middleweight .....

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                  You go on to say Canelo is clearly a JMW, and "just the golovtards" say he is a middleweight. Lets look at some of these "golovtards". WBC, golovtards. Ring Mag, golovtards.Fight news, golovtards. ESPN, golovtards. Boxrec, golovtards. A whole lot of golovtards, or just a lot of BS?

Then you admitted that Canelo is a JMW.....

I believe full well he can make154 all day, he should just be honest and stop this charade of being a middleweight

you lying asshat LMAO

Chill kid, you aint the first flip-flopping fanboi that I have exposed, and you won't be the last

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    golovtards, when referring to Canelo :

" 155 is middleweight "

golovtards, when referring to Golovkin :

" 160 is middleweight "

Real tards: unable to comprehend both statements are true.

flip-floppers :

need both to be true, so they can conveniently switch to the option which suits their current girlfriend

What an asshat, you just admitted that Canelo is a JMW.

Comment

• Originally posted by mick1303 View Post
                      Bull**** from you, dear friend! Hopkins was great before DLH. In fact, this fight is widely considered as an act.
                      For his real breakthrough fight - with Tito, there was no catchweights.
                      And on the first point:
                      if you don't remember, before Tito fight Hopkins complained that he is ducked and avoided on multiple ocasions.

Ummm.... he was likely close, but winning that tournament really started to cement his legacy.

I think you may have missed the point ?

So, despite Hopkins being great, he still accepted a catchweight in order to make a meaningful fight and further his legacy..... whereas Golovkin is not great, and he has very little chance to become great, because he will not take any form of risk in order to make a meaningful fight.

Those two guys are WORLDS apart, you cannot compare Golovkin to Hopkins, they have little/nothing in common.

Comment

Working...
                      X