Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Andre Ward is more skilled than Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
    Wow I didn't say you were black...

No YOU don't understand technique.. Floyd doesn't hurt people because he has bad hands and lands his counters defensively on the end of the punch.

Ward is a converted southpaw with an underdeveloped back hand. What's Ward's best win ? Kessler?

Umm.. Rigo has two gold medals and Gamboa has one too.... Gamboa was beaten by Crawford...Do you not think if Ward went to Crusier to fight a fighter of Crawford's ability he would lose?

Do you actually believe Ward has beaten someone half as good as Donaire?

Ward P4P is nowhere near as skilled as these guys, you guys really are terrible boxing fans.
    We talk about pure skills, then why do you come back again talking about knocking people out and back hand power?

I don't know if Ward would be able to beat a cruiser version of Sugar Ray Crawford. But Kovalev will be a tougher fight than this poor comparison.
    So we'll find out how great Ward truly is.

Donaire is a career flyweight so by your logics...

I would say, wins over Froch, Kessler, Dawson are not bad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
      I'm white and european.

Don't judge me, you don't know who I am, what I have done in my life.

I guess it's too difficult for you to understand skills and power are 2 different aspects of the game.

Yes Ward (olympic gold medalist, undefeated as a pro with a tremendous record) is more skilled than Gamboa or Rigo.
      That's a pretty much obvious fact for any person who understands the sport decently.
      Definitely more skilled than Gamboa and Rigondeaux but at the same time it's hard to ignore his lack of a right hand and the fact that he doesn't have a two handed attack on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
        Ward more technical than Kiltschko? Marquez?

What is this nonsense ? Seriously? This guy still getting hyped for beating the ghost of Chad Dawson?

Ward is a Bradley ....not a Floyd
        I think you are getting majorly carried away with yourself. Is Floyd better? Yes I agree, but Ward is pretty special. Ward is superior to all the guys you are naming. Why would Ward need to go to cruiserweight and beat a fighter the calibre of Crawford? Gamboa went north 9 pounds from his original weight division and got battered. Gamboa makes far more technical mistakes and has way more flaws than Ward, its an embarrassing comparison. Ward is going to be fighting one of the best fighters out there in Kovalev so lets see how he goes. Lets forget that Ward has already beaten fighters of a much higher calibre than Gamboa ever did.

You say he can't throw a straight right hand which is also not accurate there are plenty in this video. He has every punch in the book, the only part I agree is that he is better with his left hand and more left hand dominant, funny that considering he is naturally left handed?

Comment

Originally posted by billyboxing View Post
          i'm white and european.

Don't judge me, you don't know who i am, what i have done in my life.

I guess it's too difficult for you to understand skills and power are 2 different aspects of the game.

yes ward (olympic gold medalist, undefeated as a pro with a tremendous record) is more skilled than gamboa or rigo.
          That's a pretty much obvious fact for any person who understands the sport decently.
          ydksab.....

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
            Definitely more skilled than Gamboa and Rigondeaux but at the same time it's hard to ignore his lack of a right hand and the fact that he doesn't have a two handed attack on the inside.

Hard to ignore he has a tremendous solid left hand, and becomes an alien when he does switch southpaw.

This guy is the most skilled fighter in the game IMO.
            Can do anything, his right hand his soft though, I agree.

Rigo, Gamboa, Floyd, they more athletic than him.

Comment

Rigondeaux is the best pure boxer in the game bar none.

Comment

Ward looks upto Mayweather, so no. He got his own style though too. Taken abit from all sorts of boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
                  ydksab.....
                  Because I said Ward has better all around skills than Rigo?

Didn't even say Ward is better P4P, we just talk about skills.

This is a boxing forum, not a dictatorship.

Comment

No. Ward's skill level is pretty high but he's not more skilled than Floyd. More power (weight class to weight class) but that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
                      Rigondeaux is the best pure boxer in the game bar none.
                      Correct!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X