Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oscar De La Hoya "negotiations are complicated because gg thinks hes a superstar"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
    He's agreed to step aside 4 times now. He shouldn't have agreed to step aside once
    Maybe, maybe not. Let's see what happens after Canelo fights Khan.

Comment

• Originally posted by eco1 View Post
      GGG sells all around the world, Europe, etc.
      That is something people in the USA don't seem to understand.

Anyway, i want to see this fight either at 155 or 160. Same outcome, GGG wins.
      That's something I've pointed out many times. Golovkin/lemieux was televised in over 100 countries world wide. I watched it live in the UK, and that wasn't on HBO PPV.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
        Unless the contract explicitly says Alvarez has to fight Bumlovkin, HBO can't force that fight...
        No, but HBO can apply pressure...not only on Canelo but on Golden Boy Promotions.

If GBP wants to play hardball on the Golovkin fight HBO can always turn down some of these other GBP fights.
        Last edited by Mitchell Kane; 03-04-2016, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
          No, but HBO can apply pressure...not only on Canelo but on Golden Boy Promotions.

If GBP wants to play hardball on the Golovkin fight HBO can always turn down some of these other GBP fights.
          They not ganna risk a ppv draw in conelo who can bring them multiply huge fight for ggg who onky did 97k .......they know who the cash cow is in this fight

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            Obviously! I can't figure out why people bother even mentionlng that.

Would Canelo have gone down to 152 for any WW who wanted to fight him?

Would BHop have defended his MW title at a catchweight against anybody who asked him to?

GGG would go down to 154 for Floyd, who weighs around 150 on fight night, but he doesn't want to go down to 155 for Canelo, who would enter the ring around 175. Wow, what a surprise!
            To my understanding Golovkin said he would go down to 154 for "big money fights" such as Floyd, Cotto, Canelo or Pacquaio.

I don't recall hydration weight ever being a reason. And if that is the reason then that does nothing but make him look worse. So he'll go down to 154 for a small Jr MW but not a big one? What kind of reasoning is that?

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              That's something I've pointed out many times. Golovkin/lemieux was televised in over 100 countries world wide. I watched it live in the UK, and that wasn't on HBO PPV.
              What's the difference between that fight and all the others?

Cotto-Canelo was televised in other counties, Cotto-Canelo was televised in the UK free of charge.

As was Canelo-Kirkland and Canelo-Angulo. They still did a lot more PPV's.

Golovkin-Lemiuex isn't the only fight that's ever been televised across the world and in the UK for free. I don't think that can excuse it's poor numbers, the exact same can be said for Canelo's last 3 fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                Excellent post green k sent team Canelo
                Thanks, mate. I got you next time. I've spread too much green already.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  To my understanding Golovkin said he would go down to 154 for "big money fights" such as Floyd, Cotto, Canelo or Pacquaio.

I don't recall hydration weight ever being a reason. And if that is the reason then that does nothing but make him look worse. So he'll go down to 154 for a small Jr MW but not a big one? What kind of reasoning is that?
                  From 2 years ago.
                  @1:22

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudiamonds View Post
                    They not ganna risk a ppv draw in conelo who can bring them multiply huge fight for ggg who onky did 97k .......they know who the cash cow is in this fight
                    Not necessarily.

HBO is heavily invested in Golovkin and there's not that many other opponents around that Canelo can do major ppv numbers against.

Golovkin-Canelo is the fight people want, and even HBO knows Canelo's act will eventually get tired....and it could happen more quickly if Canelo drops the belt and stays in his own 155 division.

People even got tired of DLH's act post-Whitaker when he was fighting the likes of Kamau, Camacho, Rivera, Charpentier and Chavez II.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

I've never heard GGG or any of his team say they would go down to 154 for Canelo.

GGG would be weaker after making 154 or 155 than he is after making 160, that's obvious. Equally obvious, the 25lb weight difference between Floyd and Canelo, in the ring on fight night, is something that cannot be ignored.

Comment

Working...
                      X