No announcement yet.

Postol clowning Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HandSpeed303 View Post
    You clearly had some sort of interest in the fight.. Lucas fan perhaps? Dude got schooled and quit.
    boxing fan perhaps? and you are right i had an interest in watching a boxing match and i got a clinch fest. i don't come on here making silly statements about one guy grabbing anotehr guy 100 times and calling it a schooling. that would be silly. what interest do you have in ignoring the rules? do you think the rules don' matter? i raelly would like to know. how is breakign the rules=schooling? please explain yourself.
    Last edited by daggum; 02-29-2016, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Its boxing. I found Matts/Postol entertaining. you and others didn't because you have become conditioned to judge the fight on how it ends, not what happens.

HBO wanted Matts to win so Crawford could get an easy win over him the next fight. Postol won so he is being punished because he has a real chance of doing what Rigo did to Donaire.

Maybe if Matts knew how to box instead of just hit, he'd have a chance at beating top tier guys and earn fights with a guy like Crawford.
      lol and donald trump is making america great again right? it's boxing! ok and what does that mean? what does its boxign mean? that you can cheat nonstop and get away with it? is that would your hollow slogan means?

Comment

Plain and simple!!! This is coming from a fan that likes both fighters!! Crawford/Postol is the fight at 140, period!
        agreed, but don't you think they can generate more money if they let them marinate both fighters for awhile? I like both fighters and I wouldn't mind both fighting others before fighting each other. One or two more fights should give them enough hype to be PPV worthy. But that's just my opinion of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayabang View Post
          agreed, but don't you think they can generate more money if they let them marinate both fighters for awhile? I like both fighters and I wouldn't mind both fighting others before fighting each other. One or two more fights should give them enough hype to be PPV worthy. But that's just my opinion of course.
          no. how do you marinate postol? and ppv! he's unwatchable. you can't just put anyone on tv and be like hey this guy is good. peopl aren't that stupid. you can do it if you have some sort of hook like broner or some sort of popularity backing you. postol has no popularity, no hook, and is a clincher. its just a bad combo.

Comment

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
            Them having nothing to say about Postol tells me they aren't marinating anything. If Postol continues to look great, we'll never see them fight.
            He accepted Postol, Herrera, and Provodnikov and all three turned him down. But since he didn't say his name after the fight he's ducking? Postol was the one who asked for 1-2 tune ups. I don't want to hear words I want to see actions.

Comment

Crawford needs to be clowned for 3 of his last 4 opponents being a weight class below him. The guy who turned down the fight can't clown Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                boxing fan perhaps? and you are right i had an interest in watching a boxing match and i got a clinch fest. i don't come on here making silly statements about one guy grabbing anotehr guy 100 times and calling it a schooling. that would be silly. what interest do you have in ignoring the rules? do you think the rules don' matter? i raelly would like to know. how is breakign the rules=schooling? please explain yourself.
                Okay.. Bottom line, I am not here to play the my fan card is bigger than yours game. You seem butt hurt. You stated that a fighter killed his career by making another fighter quit... Yet, your not here to make silly statements. We can agree to disagree, and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  I really think you should go back and rewatch the fight... If Lucas just lost cause of hugs, then man, he really was a hype job ( and I never thought, or called him that).

The fight ended up the way it did cause Lucas was not landing, and constantly had gloves bouncing off his forehead.

In your eyes though, he was beat by a care bear...

Comment

Okay.. Bottom line, I am not here to play the my fan card is bigger than yours game. You seem butt hurt. You stated that a fighter killed his career by making another fighter quit... Yet, your not here to make silly statements. We can agree to disagree, and move on.
                    my butt does hurt a little. just had a meeting with floyd and his little jockey outfit but anyway....

yes he killed his career. you want to know why? you think if ggg had fought like postol he would be one of the biggest stars in boxing right now.....hmmm no. postol started at a disadvantage being that he is not from the states, doesn't speak english, and has no fanbase. being completely boring and clinching nonstop just put a nail in the coffin. yes if postol was american or a brash talker or appealed to a certain fan base maybe he could have gotten away with that kind of clinch fighting but unfortunately its not going to work out for him. they aren't going to just give him fights simply for winning. is it fair compared to other fighters? no but is it fair given that the man consistently breaks the rules? yes in that aspect its not only fair but a good thing long term.

also how was i playing a fan card? i was talking about a bigger issue in boxing. clinching. yea i'm not a a fan of clinching. don't know why you are and that's why i was asking.

Comment

I really think you should go back and rewatch the fight... If Lucas just lost cause of hugs, then man, he really was a hype job ( and I never thought, or called him that).

The fight ended up the way it did cause Lucas was not landing, and constantly had gloves bouncing off his forehead.

In your eyes though, he was beat by a care bear...
                      he didn't lose just because of all the clinching but it certainly helped postol a great deal hence why he did it! we have seen people use this strategy over and over. wlad for example. keep holding and leaning on yoru opponent until he tires out. then unleash the punches. unfortunately the rules say this is illegal so i'm not sure why you keep defendign something that is so obviously illegal. its not only illegal but makes fights excrutiating to watch and takes away all the drama. its a lose lose but yet here you are saying how great it is. if it was illegal but actually made the fight more entertaining like bashing someone in the nuts over and over golota style i might agree with you and start saying how great it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X