Collapse
No announcement yet.

Postol clowning Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBO is probably trying to work with Postol on a contract. Maybe that's why nothing has been thrown behind Postol just yet. I certainly remember the crew marveling at how Postol dismantled Matthysse. I bet once a deal is ironed out with Postol and K2, he'll get the HBO treatment again.

Comment

What would you with Postol if you had him? Needs to be paired up with GGG or Loma surely. Might mean less money here and now but a way better profile.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        What would you with Postol if you had him? Needs to be paired up with GGG or Loma surely. Might mean less money here and now but a way better profile.
        If I was Top Rank, I'd put Postol on the undercard of Pacman/Bradley in a showcase, in order to build up demand and introduce him to the audience

Comment

Hopefully Postol keeps talking ****. Crawford will start listening eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Then Postol stopped clinching when the ref gave him a hard warning and proceeded to beat Matthysse up and stop him.

Stop b*tching about the clinching, because Matthysse had half the fight with no clinching to do something and still got his ass kicked. It had no impact on the outcome.
            These salty fools forget that "minor" detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              First it was the eye doe, now the clinching was too much. At the end of the day Lucas wasnt too generous in his fight with Provo too but i didnt see anyone moaning, saw the postol v lucas fight and didn't think there was any excessive clinching.
              There was some slightly excessive clinching in the first half, the ref gave a warning (like these posters complaining always complain they should) and then there wasn't much at all afterwards. it was literally the situation we all ask for with excessive clinching. The ref stopped it and the fight went on without it.

Comment

Put him in with Crawford. If HBO doesn't go for that,Do whatever I could to put him in with Broner. Broner would sell the fight and Postol would (IMO) get a convincing, dominant win.

Comment

Postol doesn't have an exciting style to where you can match him with anybody and he can create fireworks. He needs an opponent to push him and bring out his skills like Rigo & Lara.

The only way to go is make the matchup with Crawford to see which fighter has that IT factor.

Comment

Postol is high-risk mediocre reward for Crawford. As I said previously, I am sure Crawford would fight him. But I doubt his people are enthusiastic. Postol's long reach, better than average timing, and decent power doesn't make for a spectacular show for Crawford. He'd get a ton or respect from hardcore fans and the boxing media but they're already high on Crawford so that's not a huge incentive.

Maybe ratings will force the issue. The way things are going at the moment you'll only get a fight like this on ppv.

Comment

Postol is a dangerous guy who has no fanbase. Crawford has an ever increasing fanbase and has star potential.

I can see why Postol and his people want the fight. I can see why TC's people are weary. Bob is trying to build a star. HBO though should want this fight. Unless their new top guy has changed their strategy. It was strange that Kellerman was quiet. Postol was treated like a swear word LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X