Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My dad always says that Duran would have beaten Hearns if he trained properly. Agree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's always Duran being out of shape that gets him to lose fights...

Comment

No offense but your dad sounds like a ****.

Comment

Originally posted by BigNuts View Post
        My dads opinion of this fight always stays the same after countless years have passed. He believes that if Duran would have trained properly with a proper game plan, got into better shape and came ready to fight, he would have beaten Hearns. His opinion has not changed.

Does he have a point? He is a huge Duran fan btw.
        Your dad should know that all of Duran's losses during his prime were to right handers with a longer reach than his. Hearns had at least a 6 inch reach advantage over everyone that had beaten Duran up to that point. SO I think Hearns would always beat Duran.

Comment

Ask him how would Duran overcome that 78 inch reach?

Comment

No question about it...If Duran had just not drank, If during the gestation period Duran's mom had not smoked, if she had breastfed, and if he had gotten uncle george's genes for long arms... he would have taught Hearns a lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmike2012 View Post
              I don't see any way Duran would ever beat Hearns.

Hearns was a freak of 147, 154 or even 160 fighter, Duran was his best at 135.
              Hearns is just too big, too much reach, he would always be able to keep the much smaller and shorter Duran at the end of the jab.
              Bad style match up for Duran, Duran could never have beat the hit man, probably why he didn't train for a fight he couldn't win. He probably bet against himself.
              yea and hearns in order to do what duran did would have to fight george foreman

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Your dad should know that all of Duran's losses during his prime were to right handers with a longer reach than his. Hearns had at least a 6 inch reach advantage over everyone that had beaten Duran up to that point. SO I think Hearns would always beat Duran.
                gee that is funny cause Duran beat up iran barkley who knocked out hearns real bad

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
                  yea and hearns in order to do what duran did would have to fight george foreman
                  What do you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
                    gee that is funny cause Duran beat up iran barkley who knocked out hearns real bad
                    prime losses. Duran wasn't prime at MW dude. It's ok if you disagree but please read carefully.

Comment

If Duran himself believed that, I am sure he could have got a rematch to prove the point.

Comment

Working...
                      X