Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My dad always says that Duran would have beaten Hearns if he trained properly. Agree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LMAO anybody dumb enough to over look Tommy Hearns isn't smart enough to be an ATG.

Comment

**** no

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      You must have missed what happened in round one. You're so dumb that it's funny
      Can't believe someone actually said that.

Comment

Tommy was just all wrong for Duran. There was nothing he could do to ever win that fight imo

Comment

I don't see any version of Duran beating any version of Hearns, but that doesn't change the fact that I rank Duran higher than Hearns.

Comment

Prime Duran at 147 would have stopped Hearns. Too much slickness, footspeed and pressure.

Duran wasn't shot when he faced Hearns, but well passed it and style wise he was in the worst possible place to be facing Hearns. At that point in his career he was a flatfooted fighter who wanted to box.
            Last edited by SplitSecond; 02-29-2016, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
              You must have missed what happened in round one. You're so dumb that it's funny
              Lmfao.

The good ol' "He could have won, but he got stopped doe"

The win doesn't count doe, cause Hearns stopped him. Had it gone 12 rounds and Hearns decisioned Duran, that would have been a clearer win. Same thing with Pac-Hatton, Williams-Martinez II, Khan-Prescott. Wins like those don't really count doe

Comment

Your dad DKSAB.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
                  Your father is right.

Duran was in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (i grew up in the DR) singing salsa on TV with his band and that was a few weeks before the fight.

He was overweighted and drinking like a madman in the DR at the time.

And it was literally a few weeks before the fight.
                  This is EXACTLY what he always goes on about. You nailed it.

Comment

Originally posted by BigNuts View Post
                    My dads opinion of this fight always stays the same after countless years have passed. He believes that if Duran would have trained properly with a proper game plan, got into better shape and came ready to fight, he would have beaten Hearns. His opinion has not changed.

Does he have a point? He is a huge Duran fan btw.
                    If my aunt had testicles she'd be my uncle....sooo ummm yeah........

Comment

Nope.

Emanuel Steward observed that every time Duran and Hearns met and were in the same room together, the usually super macho and confident Duran became quiet and uncomfortable in Hearns' presence. Something about Hearns, probably his huge size, intimidated Duran.

That aside, the whole size difference and style match-up was terrible for Duran. This was a fight he would have always lost.

Comment

Working...
                      X