Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My dad always says that Duran would have beaten Hearns if he trained properly. Agree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dad always says that Duran would have beaten Hearns if he trained properly. Agree?

My dads opinion of this fight always stays the same after countless years have passed. He believes that if Duran would have trained properly with a proper game plan, got into better shape and came ready to fight, he would have beaten Hearns. His opinion has not changed.

Does he have a point? He is a huge Duran fan btw.

EVERY Hardcore Duran fan has that opinion on EVERY fight he lost.

Comment

Lol well I was not born at the time so I can not know the specifics of their training or what was being said in newspapers, but from video footage on Youtube, that was not much of a fight. It didn't look like Duran could ever train for a 6'1" guy with 78" reach, it was also said during the fight that Hearns only had 2 fights in 2 years due to hand injuries. So now let's say Hearns was active and did not battle hand injuries, he nearly decapitated Duran. A largely inactive Hearns, coming off of hand injuries, did that...just let that sink in.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin
        Anybody who knows the history of this sport, and that includes me and 4 other people in this forum, know that Duran LOST more than 40 pounds for the rematch. He was very high off that first win and the money he made off the first fight. He was taking drugs, eating good and partying.

He wasn't prepared at all for a rematch but the money was so good that he took it and killed himself just to make the fight happen, this is well documented. He really didnt want the rematch at the moment but they pushed him for it with a lot of money.

Duran's indiscipline and immaturity cost him the rematch. Even Leonard himself knows something was wrong with Duran that night.
        He's talking about Hearns.

Comment

My dad always says if my aunt had nuts, she'd be my uncle.

Comment

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
            My dad always says if my aunt had nuts, she'd be my uncle.
            Las mamadas!

Comment

I don't see any way Duran would ever beat Hearns.

Hearns was a freak of 147, 154 or even 160 fighter, Duran was his best at 135.
              Hearns is just too big, too much reach, he would always be able to keep the much smaller and shorter Duran at the end of the jab.
              Bad style match up for Duran, Duran could never have beat the hit man, probably why he didn't train for a fight he couldn't win. He probably bet against himself.

Comment

nope. hearns had duran shook daddy. he already lost that fight before he stepped into the ring.

Comment

Nah. He was just too small.

Comment

That punch knocks him out no matter what kind of shape he's in...

Comment

Working...
                    X