No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Keeps The Line Moving in Supremacy Quest at 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fredhopple View Post
    So how many belts or titles are there ? According to boxrec.com , website that actually tries to keep track of everything that is going on in the volatile world of boxing, there are 354 titles. Multiply it by seventeen weight division and there are six thousand and eighteen belts out there, probably enough for my wife’s wardrobe.
    6018 Title belts in boxing today
    Really dude? You and I both know there is only 4 sanctioning bodies that are truly recognized worldwide as deeming someone a world champion; WBA, WBC, IBF, & WBO.

All those other belts you are referring to have little to no play in what I am talking about. I do agree that maybe belts don't mean as much as they used to back in the day but they still mean something and they do play a crucial role in boxing today as both leverage and marketing.

Comment

Bradley just gave up his 147 lb belt to fight Manny. Canelo could care less about GGG and the 160lb belt. Canelo is a star with a huge fan base. GGG has nothing. Titles are worthless in boxing accept that fact.
      So dropping a single belt to pass on a mandatory to face a better fighter for a ton more money has what exactly to do with the value of being an undisputed champ? To quote Bradley...

"This is a difficult decision, but one I have to make to give fans the best fights as well as allow myself the toughest and biggest fights possible from both a competitive and financial perspective."

I wil be looking forward to these words coming from Canelo if he declines to fight GGG and vacates in the fall to fight who exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
        How am I being a troll?!

All I did was post your comments here they are again:

So how am I a troll..?!

You're the one who admitted you're a f ucking junkie that shi t his career as a can down the drain behind dope and bltches..?!
        Nothing wrong with Pablos escobars famous powder and *****es....when you stop riding beibers pogo stick u might promote to the big boys ways Brpppppppppppp...
        Texasrentboi ranger the greatest troll that's ever live lol

Comment

I don't get how Khan's ranked 1.. who did he beat 2 get it???

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            Wade is a former top US amateur and unbeaten as a pro. K2 should have no problem marketing this fight to the US audience.

It should do well at the gate and in the ratings. Not a bad way for Golovkin to keep in tune and take care of his mando obligation.

Hats off to Wade for having the guts to step up and accept a fight like this so early in his career.

It's a **** fight, for the reason you stated in bold.

Wade is obviously not ready for Golovkin, obviously.

Comment

So how many belts or titles are there ? According to boxrec.com , website that actually tries to keep track of everything that is going on in the volatile world of boxing, there are 354 titles. Multiply it by seventeen weight division and there are six thousand and eighteen belts out there, probably enough for my wife’s wardrobe.
              6018 Title belts in boxing today

You needed to divide that number, not multiply.

I think there are about 50-60.

Someone did the math, but I can't remember now.

And thats just the " major " organisations, with the WBA being the main contributor. You're right, it's ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by crex.af View Post
                Really dude? You and I both know there is only 4 sanctioning bodies that are truly recognized worldwide as deeming someone a world champion; WBA, WBC, IBF, & WBO.

All those other belts you are referring to have little to no play in what I am talking about. I do agree that maybe belts don't mean as much as they used to back in the day but they still mean something and they do play a crucial role in boxing today as both leverage and marketing.

They seem to mean less every passing year.

Bradley just dumped his belt without a second thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
                  Nothing wrong with Pablos escobars famous powder and *****es
                  So let me get this straight

The powder and the bltches was worth losing your boxing career over?!

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    They seem to mean less every passing year.

Bradley just dumped his belt without a second thought.
                    Bradley's move was a very much expected move as he would rather fight Pac for a sizable paycheck than his mandatory which was Ali.

Nonetheless the WBO will have some kind of "special" belt to headline the fight.

Comment

I told why I quit....drugs.parties and being a party animal was probably the main reason
                      sex drugs and rock & roll son.....2 birds at the same time...Pablos powder lined up on the bedside table and a few tequilas just to spice it up a bit that's what I did
                      Nothing wrong with Pablos escobars famous powder and *****es
                      I asked you a question

Seriously

Was the powder and the bltches and the sex and all that worth losing your boxing career?!

Comment

Working...
                      X