No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: If GGG Fight Was Now, Canelo Gets 90-10 Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is anyone bringing up Floyd?

I don't see why anyone has an issue with this. This is what big names do. If you are a great fighter, you find a way to win in these circumstances.

It gets tiring seeing GGG fans whine and complain like he should be treated differently than others have in the past. He isn't special, he isn't a proven seller, and hasn't defeated a single opponent that was less than an 8-1 underdog.

GGG allegedly is serious about unification. If he is, then take the 10% and make the fight. If he doesn't then IMO it shows that he is just another guy who thinks he is entitled to things.

Comment

• Oscar De La Hoya you are an stupid ****ty ****house-****! 90-10 for canelo? OMG what in idiot.....this DLH-**** is full of it.
      I lost my respect for DLH some time ago.
      Last edited by Tobi.G; 01-14-2016, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
        It's just a negotiating tactic. I don't think Canelo will get 90%, but he does deserve the bigger split of the revenues. 70/30 sounds right
        Still not fair! I would say 60:40 and i dont give a **** about these ppv numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by b d w View Post
          It's called pricing yourself out of a fight. I thought Mexican's wanted to fight all comer's. In the true Mexican tradition they should be doing everything in their power to make the fight with Triple G happen.

Not making crazy power plays.
          if they compare numbers he's not pricing himself out at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
            90-10 split is ridiculous. Canelo has never drawn as the A side of a card. Floyd vs Canelo, Cotto vs Canelo. Who was that B side? Canelo...

What kind of numbers would Floyd vs GGG or Cotto vs GGG have done? Probably comparable or better than Canelo.

Look at the press for a measure of value. GGG is discussed and mentioned much more frequently than Canelo.

Canelo is a name right now. GGG is an unstoppable force.

Canelo is the guy with close fights against Trout, a gifts vs Lara, and a close fight against Cotto + a one sided loss against Floyd.

GGG, never been in a close fight in his career.

Standard Champion vs Challenger split is 75-25. 90-10 is an insult. GGG would probably take fight for free though.

He has spent a lot of time ingratiating himself to the mexican fan base. If he KO's Canelo, he has a good chance of taking Canelo's place as the mexican fan favorite.

Id also like to see what number Canleo would do on PPV vs Lemming. Im guessing pretty low. Just like everyone would.
            Lots of opinions there. You are entitled to them.

Comment

• If anyone is setting bad precedent in the sport it is HBO and Team GGG. Has a less accredited fighter ever been pushed down our throats this hard? Maybe Mike Tyson? Even then we're still talking about a 30 year gap.

Comment

• Originally posted by fredhopple View Post
                Canelo is the Star and should get 90% of the loot over GGG. Commies are not accepted in the USA or Mexico.
                The Cold War ended 25 years ago. You need to get up to speed.

Comment

• wonder what would they say if GGG accepts the spilt?

Comment

• In other words "I do not really want to make this fight unless absolutely forced to do so and out of alternative options". Noted Oscar, this is ridiculous coming from a guy who started the whole "fights fans want to see" campaign when Haymon cleaned him out his stable.

Comment

• This thread is a perfect example of NSB hypocrisy. Everyone wants to use Glaser's numbers exclusively for Golovkin but official numbers for everyone else. I don't think I've seen one post in this thread with 150k for GGG/Lemieux OR with 650k (Glaser's number) for Canelo/Cotto.

I'm obviously not disputing that Canelo is the bigger draw, that much is very clear. But it just goes to show you that posters will pick and choose the evidence and sources that fit their arguments the best and not necessarily those they believe to be the most accurate/reliable.

All that being said GGG's camp would obviously negotiate that asking price down, but would probably accept a big disparity if the guarantee is high enough. Either way both will hit their biggest payday with this fight.
                      Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 01-14-2016, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X