No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: If GGG Fight Was Now, Canelo Gets 90-10 Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by techdude69 View Post
    That split is hilarious Oscar. I would only buy the PPV fight because of Gennardy being in it you crackhead. If it's not about the catchweight nonsense it's now the purse split. Oscar and Canelo are the biggest divas in boxing.
    You bought conelo vs mayweather.or cotto Didnt you ?

Ggg at 10% get the biggest purse of his career who didnt sell much in his last ppv he has more to gain then conelo

Comment

Canelo IS the a-side.

Purse bids it is.

Comment

They're running from this fight. It's a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
          So because they want the majority of the money that means they're scared?

LOL ok
          It's called pricing yourself out of a fight. I thought Mexican's wanted to fight all comer's. In the true Mexican tradition they should be doing everything in their power to make the fight with Triple G happen.

Not making crazy power plays.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
            Obviously Canelo isn't getting 90/10 but he's A-side so he going to flex on GGG as he should. If GGG wants the fight he's going to have to take the short end of the stick whether it's purse, weight, gloves or whatever else His team can think of
            I agree with this but starting from a position of 90/10 is ridicularse. I'd prefer them starting from say 70/30. That to me would say they are serious.

Comment

It's an equation with a lot of variables.

Sure, Canelo is the bigger star today.

But Golovkin is growing in recognition.

May-Pac marinating paid off for them, but backfired on the industry. They cashed in but left every other boxer worse off for the next couple of years. Had they fought earlier, they could have lifted boxing to another level. And maybe they could've made more money themselves in the long run.

Look at what's happening to Stevenson. He was the hottest newcomer, KOing everybody left right and centre. Now he's a liability, not drawing any ratings, and Kovalev is his only meal ticket.

Look at Juanma - Gamboa...

So making the fight is a gamble. And not making it is a gamble too.

Luckily, Oscar is no Al Haymon, and Canelo is no Mayweather. Something tells me we won't have to wait for too long.
              Last edited by observer; 01-14-2016, 04:04 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                Golovkin should just grab a flat fee and give all the PPv upside to canelo...

Golovkin should just ask for 5 million and let canelo take the rest... It's really the only way to get a cash cow like canelo to accept a fight.. Just like how Cotto and floyd both bent over canelo in negotiations ,, canelo will now bend over ggg...
                U know what i was going to **** on Canelo but he did have to bend over for Ggg and Froid. Suks for GGG but he should try to get his ppv up. Right now he would probably have to take 75/25 and like 157 weight.

Comment

Well let's see just how many PPV they wil make when canelo picks a rosado or a Monroe .......900 k was done because cotto was involved as well and it got hyped up for over a year......canelo vs rosado will struggle to do 375 k ppv.....what's mkes ME cringe is this de la hoya...they go to the table they agreed both let it build till September and both can have an April or May build up fight and then thay go to war in the fall.....and then this Diablo sniffing ****** comes on talks absolute bollocks about 90/10 split....70/30 yeah....but if I was golovkin i would take 3m just to get this ginger haired ****er in the ring...f@ck him up and send him back down to 154 where the little boys play....unreal

Comment

I agree! Go to the purse bid and get those terms. We all know Canelo will vacate the title then but by then I'm sure GGG will be sick of all the games these guys are playing.
                    Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                    Doesn't he automatically get 45% for being interim if this goes to purse bid? Why is this even being negotiated? Let it go to purse bid. The fight will be at 160 and he gets more money.

Comment

By the way, the Cotto/Canelo fight was the first PPV fight I bought with Canelo in it. I only bought it to see how GGG would fare against either one of them. After the fight I wasn't concerned for Gennardy.

Comment

Working...
                      X