Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: If GGG Fight Was Now, Canelo Gets 90-10 Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscar when he fought Chavez he got screwed in the negotiations. got a small percent of the money and had to agree to go up to Chavez's weight (no catchweight) and had to agree to first appear on the undercard of a Chavez fight. Oscar at this time was MUCH bigger star then GGG and had already headlined his own PPV's and was a huge draw in boxing. Oscar was a Olympic Gold Winner and 2 division world champ and had just CLEANED out the entire 135 division and was on EVERYONE's top 10 P4P lists. But Chavez was the bigger star so Oscar had to give in to all his demands or not fight so he did.

11 years later the roles were reversed and Floyd had to agree to all Oscar's demands. Had to move up an entire weight class and fight at the weight Oscar wanted. Had to agree to 30% of the total purse and 70% going to Oscar despite Floyd being favored and the number 1 P4P fighter in the world and a much bigger draw then GGG is right now. Floyd had already won titles in 4 weight classes and CLEANED out at least 2 of them. Most guys who fought Floyd and Oscar when they were the cash cows got no more then 10% and that includes Canelo when he fought Floyd. And both those guys had to EARN their spot by taking less against more popular superstars. GGG doesn't have HALF the resume as either Oscar or Floyd and doesn't draw fans like either guys did before they got the mega fight but idiots think he should get paid 40% to fight Canelo or not budge off his weight? Just stop and come back to reality.

Comment

• GGG needs the win over Canelo, the big money will come after he destroys him.

Comment

• Oscar need to stop sniffing that ******* ! are he going crazy againg dressing like a woman?haha ****ing ****** Canelo get **** he is a nobody !
        Last edited by PETUFF; 01-14-2016, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          I feel you, but the hypocrisy of Oscar is at an all time high. He's becoming more like Arum every year!
          I don't think ODH is being hypocritical. I never believed he was about the best fighting the best. He's about that money.

He used to do this to other people and he had Canelo take the Floyd fight even though the split and weight were lopsided.

You know I have no respect for coka dela penis fishnets but he has been on both sides. He is making GGG prove unification is really his goal.

Now if GGG says ok and then ODH balks, well then we as fans need to hold it against Canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by titan m View Post
            So if GGG is serious he should accept 10% of the purse? Really? 10% sounds about right to you? Be realistic at least, nobody in their right mind that is in GGG position would accept that.

It's also funny you say GGG thinks he is entitled, that cracked me up seeing as you're here to defend Canelo, that was a good one, Canelo is the poster boy for fighters that feel entitled. There is only 6 lbs difference between Jr. middleweight and middleweight and Canelo has been stuck there for 2 years now, what a joke.
            Dude, others have taken relatively low deals. Kov, for example, took peanuts for a shot at the title. Floyd got his balls in a ringer from ODH on their fight. Those guys ****** it up and won. GGG should do same IMO, if unification is seriously his goal.

I am not defending Canelo just commenting on this thread. I am not saying it's fair. am saying that you often have to sacrifice to get what you want. In sports, many athletes sacrifice money for the chance to win a title.

WHy can't GGG do that?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Why is anyone bringing up Floyd?

I don't see why anyone has an issue with this. This is what big names do. If you are a great fighter, you find a way to win in these circumstances.

It gets tiring seeing GGG fans whine and complain like he should be treated differently than others have in the past. He isn't special, he isn't a proven seller, and hasn't defeated a single opponent that was less than an 8-1 underdog.

GGG allegedly is serious about unification. If he is, then take the 10% and make the fight. If he doesn't then IMO it shows that he is just another guy who thinks he is entitled to things.
              It gets tiring ? Hahahahahaha !!! You having problems Mang ?? Hahahaha

I saw your post at the end so I read the preceding post and one poster mentioned Floyd to any extent BUT told the Truth and now you are crying!!! OH the hypocrisy hahahahahaha. I think you are racist against GGG!

Have you ever considered why K2 did not fight Ward ? Was it because the so called A side is Oakland only? Was it or could it be that the so called A side couldn't draw flys??? Want Proof ? Maybe you should google the A sides net worth ! Oh I did it for you. It's 2mil !!!!! Outstanding !!!!! After all his fights he is not PPV material so no wonder the fight wasn't made! At least GGG is at 19 mill.

Canelo gets KO'd by GGG !! He can face it or Run like ah hmmmmm I KNOW !! Mayweather did !!! Hahahahahaha

Comment

• Oscar sounds like a guy desperately searching for a reason to not have his guy fight GGG. Gotta build it up...Needs to be at 155...My guy is getting 90/10 cut. The funny thing is I feel Canelo is gonna win (by legit or non-legit decision) so all this **** just seems sorta lame & like Oscar just wants to be in a less likely to lose situation with this fight by narrowing GGG's 40% chance to win today down to a 25% chance to win a year from now or whatever.

K2 & GGG just need to decide to want this fight & force it or just be happy people are nervous about losing to him & to indefinitely accept step aside fees. LOL GGG could end up in the boxing HOF with one of his accolades being most $ paid to a fighter to continual step aside or most step asides given to avoid fighting him.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  Dude, others have taken relatively low deals. Kov, for example, took peanuts for a shot at the title. Floyd got his balls in a ringer from ODH on their fight. Those guys ****** it up and won. GGG should do same IMO, if unification is seriously his goal.

I am not defending Canelo just commenting on this thread. I am not saying it's fair. am saying that you often have to sacrifice to get what you want. In sports, many athletes sacrifice money for the chance to win a title.

WHy can't GGG do that?
                  Imo, if the offer is anything in the neighborhood of 80/20 with a reasonable weight of 158 or better, GGG better take it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    Oscar when he fought Chavez he got screwed in the negotiations. got a small percent of the money and had to agree to go up to Chavez's weight (no catchweight) and had to agree to first appear on the undercard of a Chavez fight. Oscar at this time was MUCH bigger star then GGG and had already headlined his own PPV's and was a huge draw in boxing. Oscar was a Olympic Gold Winner and 2 division world champ and had just CLEANED out the entire 135 division and was on EVERYONE's top 10 P4P lists. But Chavez was the bigger star so Oscar had to give in to all his demands or not fight so he did.

11 years later the roles were reversed and Floyd had to agree to all Oscar's demands. Had to move up an entire weight class and fight at the weight Oscar wanted. Had to agree to 30% of the total purse and 70% going to Oscar despite Floyd being favored and the number 1 P4P fighter in the world and a much bigger draw then GGG is right now. Floyd had already won titles in 4 weight classes and CLEANED out at least 2 of them. Most guys who fought Floyd and Oscar when they were the cash cows got no more then 10% and that includes Canelo when he fought Floyd. And both those guys had to EARN their spot by taking less against more popular superstars. GGG doesn't have HALF the resume as either Oscar or Floyd and doesn't draw fans like either guys did before they got the mega fight but idiots think he should get paid 40% to fight Canelo or not budge off his weight? Just stop and come back to reality.
                    The problem is that Canelo is not even close to Chavez level of popularity when Oscar fought him and he's not on Oscars level when Mayweather fought him either. Canelo is fairly big name in boxing but Chavez and Oscar were known to more than just boxing fans. I mean realistically Canelo just took the short money against Cotto in his last fight so that just goes to show you he's not the king of the hill yet.

Canelo is becoming a popular fighter but it seems like since Maywether retired people just want to prop him up into Mayweathers spot like he's already the king but he's not there yet.

Comment

• Goodness Oscar, if the split is in this much favor of your guy, then make the damn fight already.

Oh wait, this is boxing. I forgot we marinate obvious fights we shouldn't

Comment

Working...
                      X