No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frustrated Quillin: I’m Not Running Scared From Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    That's the way it is, GGG did the same with Ward too. Can't fault one and applause the other when they basically do the same thing.
    GGG never asked for far too much money to fight Ward.

They said they have bigger fight options, not hey I'll fight you if you pay me 8.5 million more than I'm worth.

You conflate two very different situations.

Not to mention Quillin is a MW, why wouldn't he want o fave the guy who everyone argues is the best MW on the planet.

If Quillin had bigger options, it would make sense, but he doesn't.

He just doesn't want to get flattened.

Comment

I have a good feeling about this fight happening. HBO is under new management now which should open doors and there is no need between Haymon and K2.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        That's the way it is, GGG did the same with Ward too. Can't fault one and applause the other when they basically do the same thing.
        Ward is not in the same division, yet you clowns keep mentioning it. Plus Ward wasn't even interested. He just pretended he did. Quillin would duck someone in the upper division with #2 P4P status a thousand times over.

Apples and chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Quillin
          “Even Gennady Golovkin, they mention all these guys, man, and I get so frustrated hearing guys tell me I’m scared,” Quillin said following a press conference in Manhattan for his fight Saturday night against Daniel Jacobs. “I’m like, ‘Bro, have you ever had a gun pointed at you? That’s something to be real scared of.’ I had that happen to me millions of times, where I felt like my life was on the line. So what would fighting another man and getting another check scare me for? You know what I’m saying? They wanna conform your thoughts. They wanna conform the way you think. They wanna conform even what you say. So for me, if it happens, it happens. I’m thankful for it and I’m gonna train like it’s my last fight and I have no other opportunities. And that’s the way I train for fights.” - Peter Quillin

And yet you can't make weight for fights? GTFO you scared cheat. You should have been prosecuted for your last fight, it was a complete disgrace.
          Last edited by mathed; 12-04-2015, 07:00 PM.

Comment

I would be shocked if GGG ever got a big fight. He is nearly in his mid thirties and for some reason expects every other fighter in his division to drop everything and accommodate his career. Why did he wait so long to come over an build himself up?

All the people that he can fight to take him to the next level all command more than him and he can't just try and dictate terms like he is. Canelo is a legitimately popular fighter, Ward is one fight ( kovalev) away from being more relevant than him again,

He is running out of time, he better move up and try and do some things or else stay at middle and wait for maybe Eubanks, maybe Saunders?

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
              Well GGG turned the fight down and is it true they only offered 500K? If so then yeah, Pete should have an issue with it.
              Originally posted by Fetta View Post
              GGG team did send an offer and the next day GBP countered and GGG rejected and walked. And from this they got Quillin was the one ducking.
              That's bullshit. Loeffler tried to make the fight and Quillin turned it down because he said the money wasn't good enough.

Then he made that crazy statement about wanting $5 - $10 million for it.

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
                Youre still not getting my point, It doesnt even have to be quillin, its about promoters offering a low ball offer, which an opponent will not accept, and then promoting the fighter as "scared" because he wouldnt accept a low price to fight. Lil g has said all I need to know about him as a MAN, he'll fight anyone but one person, the one challenge that was one division up above him. Ward. he said he'd fight chavez jr, froch, and just about anyone else except Ward. For someone to claim they're the most feared boxer and no one wants to fight him, then move up and face some competition, he wont, but his ball washers claim he's some kind of super boxer, but he wont step up and face competition and that says everything about him as a person and sportsman. I cant be a fan of someone like that in any sport.
                Ward wanted to fight super middleweight bums at light heavyweight!! When HBO put the heavy pressure on him to commit to a Kovalev fight, he catches an injury. But that's the kind of person that you CAN be a fan of, huh?

Comment

I'd be interested in seeing Quillin vs GGG.

Comment

$5 - $10 million dollars?? There goes that fight HBO won't pay that

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      He already has. He has said multiple times that he wants Mayweather/Pacquiao numbers for a Golovkin fight.

Quillin is a scared b*tch.
                      Out the side of your neck, or do you have proof?

Comment

Working...
                      X