Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frustrated Quillin: I’m Not Running Scared From Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After what Quillin is getting paid for this fight.... this fight is totally unrealistic.
    Win or lose, what he thinks he's worth in his mind has skyrocketed compared to what he's actually worth.

Comment

Well GGG turned the fight down and is it true they only offered 500K? If so then yeah, Pete should have an issue with it.

Comment

Funny how the trainer / the promoter / and his fans speak for GGG - the man barely does interviews but everyone has such a clear thought on how he thinks, and what he thinks. But the trainer and promoter talked a lot of stuff and Ward called them out on it, but nothing from GGG - just crazy backlash... I am going to stop believing any of these reports and stories about GGG till I hear them from his mouth or likeness

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
          Alright,what do you think that quillin is worth? Is he a champion? No. Does he have a large following? No. Did he have an impressive performance in his last fight,against a decent opponent? No,he literally fought a part time stripper. I'm all for quillin getting what he deserves,but the guy has gone on records saying that he won't fight golovkin unless he's offered may-pac kind of money. The best names on his record are Gabe rosado,n'dam,and a draw against Andy Lee. So resume,fanbase,and belt wise, he has no leverage over golovkin.

Youre still not getting my point, It doesnt even have to be quillin, its about promoters offering a low ball offer, which an opponent will not accept, and then promoting the fighter as "scared" because he wouldnt accept a low price to fight. Lil g has said all I need to know about him as a MAN, he'll fight anyone but one person, the one challenge that was one division up above him. Ward. he said he'd fight chavez jr, froch, and just about anyone else except Ward. For someone to claim they're the most feared boxer and no one wants to fight him, then move up and face some competition, he wont, but his ball washers claim he's some kind of super boxer, but he wont step up and face competition and that says everything about him as a person and sportsman. I cant be a fan of someone like that in any sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            Got a link for that?
            I think he's right. I'm pretty sure Fighthub or Esnews uploaded him saying that. Too lazy to look for the link though

Comment

Quillin vs GGG would be a very good fight

I don't think either guy is afraid of the other. I do think money, Haymon, HBO is a huge obstacle to those guys fighting. Or there has to be a huge enough pot that they're willing to share and I don't know if they will even then.

Comment

how can these pbc guys be ducking ggg when team ggg never made any attempt to fight them? abel sanchez talking dont count. everything with ggg is such bs all these fighters that are "ducking" him then the ones that are willing to fight him now he wants nothing to do with. as good as ggg is hes kind of becoming a joke when it comes to all this made up ducking crap

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                  how can these pbc guys be ducking ggg when team ggg never made any attempt to fight them? abel sanchez talking dont count. everything with ggg is such bs all these fighters that are "ducking" him then the ones that are willing to fight him now he wants nothing to do with. as good as ggg is hes kind of becoming a joke when it comes to all this made up ducking crap
                  GGG team did send an offer and the next day GBP countered and GGG rejected and walked. And from this they got Quillin was the one ducking.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                    GGG team did send an offer and the next day GBP countered and GGG rejected and walked. And from this they got Quillin was the one ducking.
                    Some fans are so deluded, that facts dont matter...ala pac fans

Comment

So he isn't scared, he just wants to make more money than he's ever made before for any fight.....

Quillin and GGG would be a good fight, I think Quillin is a slightly bigger guy and he would be a lot trickier than past GGG opponents. I want to see it, I hope that if Quillin wins against Jacobs they can make it happen.

It would also take some heat off of Canelo if Quillin were a viable option, Haymon needs to make some exceptions and work with HBO.

Comment

Working...
                      X