Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the main reason Tyson Fury was able to beat Wladimir Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    Klitschko is shot. It wasn't like he was missing his punches. He simply could not pull the trigger.
    This is a pathetic excuse on the same level as the Brewster drug affair.

When was Wlad anything more than what he was last night? He was always horribly one dimensional with zero adaptability or plan B .

He excelled against C level opposition with no skills and no movement.

Rewind back to 2008 when Wlad was supposedly at his best against Sultan Ibragimov.

He spent 12 whole rounds doing nothing but slapping Iggy's fist in a performance no better than he produced against Fury.

Before that he couldn't land a glove on Williamson and got decked for trying too hard before he was pulled from the fight out of exhaustion.

Exactly when has he ever knocked out somebody like Fury who used intelligent feinting , constant movement and elusive upper body movement??.
    Those factors shut Wlads style down completely and it had nothing to do with being old , since Wlad was in impeccable shape and had his best round in the 12th.
    Wlads one basic style is all he has and its based largely on single shots followed by excessive clinching.
    Good movement and versatility would always over come that style and a relative novice like Fury used it to win 11 rounds to 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
      Didn't even know there was a delay, I was watching movies on my projector and almost missed the main event. I also missed Bute-DeGale, still looking for a quality version of that somewhere online.
      I mean the delay in cancelling the fight and rescheduling to Nov. after wlad hurt his leg.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        Klitschko is shot. It wasn't like he was missing his punches. He simply could not pull the trigger. Fury deserves credit for having confidence and a game plan. But I'd have a difficult time picking Wladimir against any legitimate contender now. He looked like just another old washed up heavyweight.
        He certainly did show his age. I think the punchstat numbers will be telling. I expect a huge dropoff in punches thrown.

Whether he can win a rematch I don't know, but what I do know is that his corner sucked. Imagine if Emanuel Steward was the chief second.

Comment

The main reason?

Size and movement. You never had a 6'9 guy in boxing who could move well and had fast hands. Tyson is a freak.

Wlad is legit a great HW. One of the greatest ever, even arguably top 5 of all time.

Yea, Wlad used his size to win, but so what? That's how HW division works. The winner is the winner, regardless of size.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            Was it primarily due to Fury's superior boxing ability or Klitschko's age?
            You're forgetting the one and only factor which made the biggest difference, Fury punked Wlad. He put doubts in Wlad's mind like no one else and then he made him see shadows where there were none.

Neither guy showed any exceptional skill that night, Fury threw arm punches and Wlad didn't throw anything. There wasn't much of a difference in terms of stamina or fitness either, with Wlad actually coming on a bit more in the latter rounds.

In the end it came down to Fury clowning his way to a world title, making Wlad miss, not letting him engage on his own terms and making Wlad feel like the smaller man. fury waltzed to the heavyweight crown, some what reminiscent of Leonard v Duran 2.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              He certainly did show his age. I think the punchstat numbers will be telling. I expect a huge dropoff in punches thrown.

Whether he can win a rematch I don't know, but what I do know is that his corner sucked. Imagine if Emanuel Steward was the chief second.
              What? YOU had him winning this fight.

Fury Dirty as hell.

Big right from klit!

And left hook!

Big klitschko round!

116-113 Klitschko for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                What? YOU had him winning this fight.

lololololololol

Comment

Old age + bad gameplan from Wlad

Comment

Once again proving that you are a terrible klitard

You were one of the few with other kilt fans who had wlad winning and now you post this

Get out

Jeez what a troll
                    Last edited by lfc19titles; 11-30-2015, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      I mean the delay in cancelling the fight and rescheduling to Nov. after wlad hurt his leg.
                      Oh that

Can't say

Comment

Working...
                      X