Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the main reason Tyson Fury was able to beat Wladimir Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Fury stood there wide open like Poolev and got laid out by a left hook, all these guys would be here saying Wlad is still great this and Wlad is great that.

People were actually saying that left hook was unavoidable

Fury was never going to get Poolev'd because the times Wlad went for the left hook KO , Fury caught it on the gloves or was half way across the ring when it was in mid air.

Furys movement, reach and willingness to throw in close, to the head and body won him the fight. It had nothing to do with Wlad ageing over night. He was energetic and sharp right up till the last round.

And Wlad couldn't move Fury in the clinches and that was also pivitol to his defeat. The tactic he has relied on so heavily over the past 10 years got turned around and used on him. That shattered his confidence.

Go back and look how easily Wlad rag dolled Poolev around the ring. Against Fury , he kept turning his back and going the other way simply because he couldn't out muscle him. This would be a huge factor against Wlad at any point of his career.
    Wlad would have most likely levelled all his other challengers last night- Glazov , Tarver , Takam , Chagev etc

It was a great win for Fury and he deserves full credit.

Comment

I voted for the 1st option,but in addition I need to say that the main reason Wlad list is that he doesn't have the heart of a fighter.as soon as he faces adversity he crumbles.

Comment

He quit on his feet! He gave no effort to TRY and win. He waited for the safety of the 12th round and gave a little effort and his little bit of success then gives him false hope in a rematch!
        The guy didn't fight............he held, he wrapped the other guys neck, he never got off first, he never punched the body, he simply quit on his feet!

Tyson was there to be hit, he leans in on almost every punch, thats the time to block or slip and counter! Wlad couldn't do ir or he doesn't know how, he's very limited.
        When that doesn't work and your behind and he KNEW he was behind he should have tried to "punch with him" it can be dangerous but Fury is not known as a solid puncher anyways! Wlad refused to punch with him. He quit! You saw it.

Ray

Comment

It's a mixture. Wladimir was clearly slower than usual, but Fury fought a great fight and I'm not even sure that a prime Wladimir would beat Fury.

Comment

I voted the 2nd option as I think peak Wlad would beat Fury.

Comment

Because he stood up to him

What I mean is wlad tried using and illegal ring to sap the movement of fury but fury made sure there was no cheating as did the British boxing control who just described the ring as he worst they ever seen

Wlad tried to tape is hands in secret breaking the rule but fury stood up to him

Wlad then tried to headbut fury to knock fury out but again fury stood up to him and beat him at his own game

That's why imo it got in wlads head that he was in an even fight

Comment

The fact that Wlad doesn't fight on the inside, doesn't attack the body, doesn't variate his attack and is too cautious a fighter. Roy said it perfectly, Wlad became so accustomed to holding smaller guys that he forgot that it's usually the smaller fighter, that being himself against Fury, that's suppose to work on the inside. Wlad did none of that and it was actually Fury who worked up close whenever he had the chance.

Of course age factored in and people are pretending it didn't, I saw his fight against Jennings where he struggled to pull the trigger as well but it's his limitations that hurt him more than age.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                  The fact that Wlad doesn't fight on the inside, doesn't attack the body, doesn't variate his attack and is too cautious a fighter. Roy said it perfectly, Wlad became so accustomed to holding smaller guys that he forgot that it's usually the smaller fighter, that being himself against Fury, that's suppose to work on the inside. Wlad did none of that and it was actually Fury who worked up close whenever he had the chance.

Of course age factored in and people are pretending it didn't, I saw his fight against Jennings where he struggled to pull the trigger as well but it's his limitations that hurt him more than age.
                  I thought the delay in the fight hurt Wlad. What about you?

Comment

Wlad got old before our eyes. He moved well for a 40 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      I thought the delay in the fight hurt Wlad. What about you?
                      Didn't even know there was a delay, I was watching movies on my projector and almost missed the main event. I also missed Bute-DeGale, still looking for a quality version of that somewhere online.

Comment

Working...
                      X