No announcement yet.

Who Won: Miguel Cotto vs Saul Alvarez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo close but clear.

Anti climax of a fight I was expecting much more.

Comment

• People acting like it was a whipe out. Ya need to get educated on scoring.

8-4 Canelo with like 3 close swing round that you could've scored 7-5 cotto or even a draw or 7-5 canelo

Comment

• 7-5 Canelo for me

Comment

• I had it 116-112 for Canelo.

To me it seems that Cotto was doing his best Mayweather impression to try and outpoint Canelo and it simply didn't work because, well.... Cotto is not as good as Mayweather.

BUT, it was definitely a competitive fight though nonetheless nothing the way the judges made it out to be needless to say...

Comment

• Canelo, there's no disputing that the right guy got the decision, the scorecards were just a little wide is all, not a robbery by any stretch of imagination though.

I had it 9-3 or 8-4, can't remember which rounds I gave who, I just remember watching it thinking that Cotto won 3-4 rounds. Cotto made a lot of rounds competitive and in terms of punches landed it didn't look like there was a lot in it, but Canelo was just bigger and sharper and it was noticeable in the exchanges, when Canelo landed it was eye catching, so he managed to take the rounds because of that.

That's why I'm curious on how Canelo fares at 160, when hes not able to bully his opponents as much it will be interesting to see how he and his team switches his tactics, hes definitely improved since Mayweather though, I think that loss may have helped him.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeandreXI View Post
              Fwiw, Floyd owned both

But yeah, Canelo won, fair and square.
              Shouldn't you be standing in a line somewhere, waiting to get something for free? This isn't a Gheyweather thread, phaggot, move along

Comment

• Good to see most people have their head on straight. Competitive fight but even Cotto knew he didn't win that.

Comment

• This shouldn't even be controversial other than the two ******ed judges' lopsided scores. Cotto easily won more than two rounds.

Canelo started strong and landed the better punches that clearly effected Cotto. Cotto looked pretty good himself and landed a lot of shots to keep it close and stole some of the later rounds.

I had it 116-112 Canelo.

Comment

• 116-112 Canelo.

Also, I'll give props to Cotto. Fighter a younger, heavier (by around 15 pounds), taller, longer reach opponent is respectable. Coming in he had to have known he was not the favorite.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                      Had it cotto 7-5.
                      I'm surprised you didn't have 11-1 for Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                      X