No announcement yet.

Who Won: Miguel Cotto vs Saul Alvarez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bleach View Post
    it was actually canelo who said he was willing to fight floyd at a catchweight
    Either way catchweight losses dont count according to Floyd Jr.
    so canelo still undefeated

Comment

It was close enough that a silt decision wouldn't have surprised me. But, I had Canelo winning by 3. Cotto was the better boxer but Canelo was just too big and strong.

Comment

...... i like cotto a lot... and when i was watching, i was so biased to score for cotto, but that was easily canelo.....

Comment

Originally posted by FBLM View Post
          LMFAO no one is saying robbery lmfao I bet you its only cotto fans.

Canelo clearly is the better fighter out the two, cotto under freddie didnt become a monster he just got perfectly matched and use his A side status as leverage to win the past fights in negations, well today with all that A-side demands he still lost to the better man.
          Facts. Canelo!

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
            I'm watching the fight in slo-mo, Cotto's actually winning now and landing at a much higher connect rate....
            lol that's because he did.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
              lol that's because he did.
              I'll be 100% honest, my heart wanted Cotto to do better than he did but Canelo was just too big and better overall. Cotto's got nothing to be ashamed of, I'm sure he made a career payday and I hope he can retire if he wants to, but nothing will change the fact that he lost convincingly....

Comment

I'll be 100% honest, my heart wanted Cotto to do better than he did but Canelo was just too big and better overall. Cotto's got nothing to be ashamed of, I'm sure he made a career payday and I hope he can retire if he wants to, but nothing will change the fact that he lost convincingly....
                Disagree. Watch it again in super slow mo if you have to.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                  Disagree. Watch it again in super slow mo if you have to.
                  If that'll change the outcome. When do we get to the part where the only way Canelo beat Cotto is if he was on PEDs? Wait, where's Beiber?

Comment

If that'll change the outcome. When do we get to the part where the only way Canelo beat Cotto is if he was on PEDs? Wait, where's Beiber?
                    Little help.. Jabs and body punches count as scoring punches.

No need to thank me. Happy to educate.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                      The 119-109 scorecard was absurdly wide, but Alvarez clearly won.

116-112 would have been an accurate scorecard, anything from 117-111 to 115-113 is reasonable.
                      What kind of logic is that? You can't say a guy won 115-113 and then be ok with a wide 117-111, because on the one hand you're saying rounds were close, on the other you're saying Canelo won the vast majority. You can't hang your hat on both sides lol

I had it 7-5 Cotto

Round 1 was Canelo on a slight edge
                      Rounds 2-6 were Cotto, superior work rate, landed more and defensively was better, can't see an argument for Canelo till the 6th
                      Rounds 7-9 were Canelo, he finally started connecting consistently with his biggest shots and really imposed him physically but...
                      Rounds 10-11 were Cotto again, superior movement, superior punch output and Canelo looked like he was desperately looking for a single big shot
                      12th was all Canelo, no arguments

I could, possibly see a couple rounds, i.e. rounds 6 and possibly one later round to Canelo, so 7-5 for him but the margins by the judges were just horrible. They never had any intention of scoring the fight (Cotto 109? lol).

It was a decent fight with terrible scoring...then again. I said before the fight, when bookies in Vegas make you a 2-1 favourite, then you know there's something going on.

Comment

Working...
                      X