No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford: Golovkin Didn't Face Ward Due To Big Risk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    Could it have something to do with both Ward and Kovalev being LHW's?
    No it's ward moving up to lhw tuneup after 18 month layoff at a cw that he was 172 for 3 weeks out pretty much shows he could still make 168 but you didn't answer question isn't it the same deal kov agreed to? Aren't a lot of you GGG fans now saying he shouldn't have to move up and face ward first fight at 168 so wouldn't that deal benefit him more? Why didn't loeffler even attempt to counter offer instead saying maybe 2017

Comment

Could it have something to do with both Ward and Kovalev being LHW's?
      What your saying is Ward is a LHW solely on the fact that he's AGREED to fight at LHW . Then I guess GGG is SMW because he agreed to fight Froch at 168 . So what's his excuse for not accepting Wards offer at 168 since he is a 168 pounder ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Ward fights a comeback fight at 172 after a near 2 year lay-off and suddenly he's a LHW? He was 174 two and half weeks before the fight against Smith.

Using that logic, isn't Golovkin a SMW since he's fought above 160 on more than one occasion in his career?
        He took his comeback fight at 172 and negotiated a 3 fight deal with HBO at LHW. He's a LHW.

Comment

Ggg us the biggest hype job in boxing right now and everyone knows it which is why they couldn't sell that bs fight against lemieux. He's only looking for smaller guy's 2 fight. True champions always challenge themselves and this old guy has yet to do so even though he's getting close to 40. GGG = Garbage Garbage Garbage

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
            If u have professed the GGG is ducking Ward then Kudos to u , as most GGG fans will not .

Floyd started his career somewhere around
            130 pounds or less , and hasn't been able to legitimately put a hurting on someone since he was a 140 pounder . GGG is blowing smoke as usual , as he steadily claims he can make 154 for Floyd but cant do it for Cotton or Canelo . Get a grasp on reality please
            What do most GGG fans have to do with me? That's the thing, just because I say something about one fighter, doesn't mean I d*ck ride another. But in your case, you're still making excuses for Floyd and talking crap about GGG. The difference between people like you and I are I'll talk about them all.

Cotto and Canelo are fighting fights above 154. Why should GGG accommodate them? My grasp on reality is far greater than yours.

Anyway, if I'm not credible and what not and you don't believe I've spoken about crawford ducking Postol before, put some points where your talk is, and then I'll take the time and show you.

Never mind, your broke, carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
              you were saying the total opposite when it came to mayweather and little G hypocrit
              You'll have to show me that , I have always said that M. shouldn't fight G . If that's what you mean ????

Comment

Originally posted by Rustyjaguar View Post
                Really who besides Gamboa who was fighting up two classifications too big. Get your facts straight.i
                Delmore and Burns were actual beltholders, something ggg has only beat one of. That one being a guy who was beaten by two fringe contenders. Ray Beltran would be one of ggg's top 2 wins, probably his best.

And you guys can whine about gamboa, but were giving props when it was about to happen. Don't talk about bringing guys up while advocating for ggg. Din't ggg bring up rosado, Ishida and is looking at two guys who usually fight at 155?

I know crawford isn't fighting Ishida's and Willie Monroes, but I do believe his resume trumps golovkins. Maybe I'm just silly like that.

Comment

Crawford is on that Ward train too. He said he is the best active fighter today>? Really Active? Wow! Why doesn't Ward challenge Kovalev? exactly he is trying to fight a guy who is a division or two now below him. Plus What has Crawford done to get to fight Pacquaio. Beat Dierry John and Gamboa. Give me a dam* Break.
                  Exactly as you said. Ward is suffering from a self imposed ring rust, and he is hardly the fighter he was four or five years ago. It's the ugly truth; Ward did it to himself.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                    How did I not have a point you moron? When you responded to Deevel's post about Ward terms, did the post of yours I replied to not contain you saying Golovkin failed to negotiate the terms? When I posted lol @ "Ward and Negotiate" what did you think I was talking about? Cookies?
                    You might as well have been.

He took his comeback fight at 172 and negotiated a 3 fight deal with HBO at LHW. He's a LHW.
                    Yes now he's going to move up and campaign as a Light Heavyweight because Golovkin's people wanted absolutely nothing to do with him.

Comment

No he didn't that fight isn't even made yet. Crawford beat a never was in Dierry John and a blown up feahterweight who has been inactive in Gamboa. Crawford is being given Pacquaio by Bob Arum. He definitely deson't deserve the fight. Let him fight Postol,and Broner first.
                      Let's also remember that your a nobody until u beat a somebody . Who was Postol before he beat The Machine ?

Comment

Working...
                      X