No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford: Golovkin Didn't Face Ward Due To Big Risk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
    i love how ggg fans keep trying to pretend ward ggg would not be a gigantic fight. just look at any comment section on any site or the threads about ggg ward on nsb its always by far the most visited and commented on also has the most passion. its a shame it will never happen
    Cmon dude, its not a gigantic fight lol. It won't come close to Canelo Angulo. It'd do well to cover the purses. It's only PPV if Ggg becomes a PPV star, else noone is buying

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP. View Post
      Did anyone actually read the article?
      Probably not. If you did, there is nothing wrong with what he said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
        i love how ggg fans keep trying to pretend ward ggg would not be a gigantic fight. just look at any comment section on any site or the threads about ggg ward on nsb its always by far the most visited and commented on also has the most passion. its a shame it will never happen
        In reality it's not..it's the same 20-30 people posting in all those threads honestly...and what fight is bigger in the publics eye, Ward-GGG or Canelo/Cotto vs GGG?

It's pretty obvious they're not gonna risk a loss to Ward before they cash in on a much easier fight vs the other 2 "middleweights"...

I still think in 2017 we have a shot of seeing Ward vs GGG if nobody from 154 moves up to challenge him after he unifies in 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          Lol at this clown. Neither Berto nor Jean were divisional top 10 or even close then. Jeans best result is?

So is Geale 2x better win than Burns cause he unified MW titles? You know the fight prior Burns had a robbery of the year "win", worse than Sturm Macklin or Sergio Murray? LW is worse than MW, and its been for a while.
          They weren't top 10 because their divisions are actually good lol. MW is the most garbage division in boxing right now.

And by the way even if Burns had robbery of the year, the guy who got robbed was beaten by crawford as well, so Crawford's resume still outdoes golovkin

Comment

• Lots of people turning on Terence Crawford now. He's not allowed to speak the truth, apparently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
              In reality it's not..it's the same 20-30 people posting in all those threads honestly...and what fight is bigger in the publics eye, Ward-GGG or Canelo/Cotto vs GGG?

It's pretty obvious they're not gonna risk a loss to Ward before they cash in on a much easier fight vs the other 2 "middleweights"....
              But it appears that they have no intention of fighting the winner.

They have refused to negotiate on the weight.

So that is 2 top-level fights down the ****ter.

All that decision achieved, is that they avoid 2 difficult fights.

Not impressed.

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
              I still think in 2017 we have a shot of seeing Ward vs GGG if nobody from 154 moves up to challenge him after he unifies in 2016.
              I think there is 0 chance that fight will happen.

They have shown no interest whatsoever in Ward.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post

Not impressed.

They are posturing in the media right now...I highly doubt they pass up a fight at say 157, which I think would be fair..155 is a joke seeing how Cotto fought at 159 vs Martinez and Canelo is big as fk...

Who knows with Ward..maybe in 2017 if he can still make 168 and GGG has unified and beat the winner of Canelo-Cotto it could happen but you're probably right that it's a very slim chance.. But he has to step up sometime for a career defining fight..

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post

Not impressed.

Yeah, okay. Golovkin is the avoiding the fight. Not Cotto/Canelo trying to avoid it by demanding catch weights (actually, Cotto wouldn't fight GGG anyways unless the catchweight was under 154 probably).

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    Cmon dude, its not a gigantic fight lol. It won't come close to Canelo Angulo. It'd do well to cover the purses. It's only PPV if Ggg becomes a PPV star, else noone is buying
                    People would pay to see Golovkin actually challenged for once instead of facing 30/1 underdogs on PPV.

Both fighters would have made the fight big but you got your wish and now it'll never happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                      They are posturing in the media right now...I highly doubt they pass up a fight at say 157, which I think would be fair..155 is a joke seeing how Cotto fought at 159 vs Martinez and Canelo is big as fk...

Who knows with Ward..maybe in 2017 if he can still make 168 and GGG has unified and beat the winner of Canelo-Cotto it could happen but you're probably right that it's a very slim chance.. But he has to step up sometime for a career defining fight..
                      Fair call, and I hope you're right about the posturing but Team GGG have publicly confirmed that they will not budge on the weight at least 5 times now, maybe more. Starting to look like the Ward situation.

Comment

Working...
                      X