No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford: Golovkin Didn't Face Ward Due To Big Risk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    He took his comeback fight at 172 and negotiated a 3 fight deal with HBO at LHW. He's a LHW.
    "Part of it was a lack of opponents, a lack of, I don't want to say competition because there is competition, but a lack of finding guys that I can actually fight," stated undefeated former super middleweight king Andre Ward, who talked about his decision to move up in weight to compete in the light heavyweight division. According to Ward, because the politics of the sport will likely prevent him from securing potential fights with other rising super middleweight stars, he's more than willing to make the move to the 175-pound division in search of new challenges, including an eventual showdown with hard-hitting unified light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev.

"As everybody knows in my career, man, I've not only been willing, but I have fought the best and have been fortunate to beat the best and been fortunate to come out on top. So it's a combination of opponent and just wanting to be great, man," Ward explained during a recent conversation with FightHype.com. "At the end of the day, I want to be great and this is what the greats do. They take on challenges like this whether they have to do it or not. Floyd did it, Bernard did it, Roy did it, and those are my three favorite fighters. All the greats did it, so this is just another chapter in my career. It's a challenge, it won't be easy, but this is what it's all about."

Comment

Terence Crawford is like the majority of Floyd nuthuggers on here too?
      Notice since Floyd 'retired' these people have been clinging onto this mans every last word even though all he does is fight nobodies, Wards entire career is a joke sooner or later he will meet GGG and the referees wont allow him to clinch his way to victory that's not boxing, wrestling and boxing don't go hand in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
        Delmore and Burns were actual beltholders, something ggg has only beat one of. That one being a guy who was beaten by two fringe contenders. Ray Beltran would be one of ggg's top 2 wins, probably his best.

And you guys can whine about gamboa, but were giving props when it was about to happen. Don't talk about bringing guys up while advocating for ggg. Din't ggg bring up rosado, Ishida and is looking at two guys who usually fight at 155?

I know crawford isn't fighting Ishida's and Willie Monroes, but I do believe his resume trumps golovkins. Maybe I'm just silly like that.
        its funny Hammer everyone gets on GGG for his competition, yet, Ward fights Paul Smith, John Smith Steve Smith whatever his name is and tries to fight Murdock . Really Dude has like 3 fights in 4 years and everyone is killing GGG WHO fights 4 times A YEAR, PLUS HIS opponents were ranked. Delmore never heard of him and Burns is a typical Euro trying to keep the title over there. He knows he will lose if he comes over here and fights often so give me a break. Mayweather fought great competion and only fought once or twice a year. yes he fought Berto, but he is as good as Dierry freaking John. Tell Crawford to leave that dump of Omaha and fight Good fighters. Ward . don't even get me started, Dude had his fights on BET (BET SUCKS NOW) crying out loud. I am not even a GGG fan but atleast he stays active.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
          "Part of it was a lack of opponents, a lack of, I don't want to say competition because there is competition, but a lack of finding guys that I can actually fight," stated undefeated former super middleweight king Andre Ward, who talked about his decision to move up in weight to compete in the light heavyweight division. According to Ward, because the politics of the sport will likely prevent him from securing potential fights with other rising super middleweight stars, he's more than willing to make the move to the 175-pound division in search of new challenges, including an eventual showdown with hard-hitting unified light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev.

"As everybody knows in my career, man, I've not only been willing, but I have fought the best and have been fortunate to beat the best and been fortunate to come out on top. So it's a combination of opponent and just wanting to be great, man," Ward explained during a recent conversation with FightHype.com. "At the end of the day, I want to be great and this is what the greats do. They take on challenges like this whether they have to do it or not. Floyd did it, Bernard did it, Roy did it, and those are my three favorite fighters. All the greats did it, so this is just another chapter in my career. It's a challenge, it won't be easy, but this is what it's all about."
          They need to post what he said about fight kov on here so the ward don't mention Krusher bs can stop to lol

Comment

why wont crawford fight postol in a unification match instead of calling out an old washed up injured pacquiao answer "to big of a risk for a knock out loss"

Comment

Have people started calling Crawford a coward yet in here? Lol

Comment

They are two divisions apart Crawford.

I wouldn't talk so much if i were Crawford. He's a welterweight who's been hiding in the lower divisions because he enjoys fighting smaller men.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  What do most GGG fans have to do with me? That's the thing, just because I say something about one fighter, doesn't mean I d*ck ride another. But in your case, you're still making excuses for Floyd and talking crap about GGG. The difference between people like you and I are I'll talk about them all.

Cotto and Canelo are fighting fights above 154. Why should GGG accommodate them? My grasp on reality is far greater than yours.

Anyway, if I'm not credible and what not and you don't believe I've spoken about crawford ducking Postol before, put some points where your talk is, and then I'll take the time and show you.

Never mind, your broke, carry on.
                  Making excuses for Floyd ? U brought him up not me . All I'm saying is that (since u brought it up) GGG is using Floyd's name (like he did Wards) in a disingenuous way to garner attention to himself because Floyd's name rings bells . If GGG was really serious about a Floyd fight at 154 , they why hasn't he accepted a preliminary catch weight offer of 155 from Canelo ? Once again , to answer this requires a firm grasp on reality

Broke , am I ? I truly couldn't tell u if I was , nor could I tell u how to issue out a green thingy or a red one , nor am I trying to figure out how . Why ? Cause its a boxing chat room , not Sonic the Hedgehog where the goal is to collect coins u imbecile.

Comment

Amen Crawford. Nothing but the truth. You notice how lil g's fans call Canelo and Cotto scared for fighting at 155? But then praise lil g for going up to try and fight Froch and Chavez jr at 168? But asked Ward to come down to 164?

They are mad at Cotto and Canelo, but hace ZERO problem with lil g trying to do it Ward! Have you ever heard a lil g nuthugger bring this up when talking shyt about Canelo or Cotto? Next time a lil g nuthugger says something about Canelo and Cotto fighting at 155 ask them how they felt when lil g tried to start bringing Ward to 164?

Watch them not have anything bad to say about that but get their excuses ready. Crawford hit it right on the head though. Ward dogs lil g out! There is a reason his fans and Loeffler don't want that fight to happen. And lil g is supposed to me a monster? GTFOH Ward crushed that theory and pulled lil g's hoe card. Ward and Crawford nothing but respect from my end.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                      Have people started calling Crawford a coward yet in here? Lol
                      Yep, they have, just going through the thread now and it's just laughable. Now it's "This bum hasn't even fought postol yet" or " Why is he calling out the old Pacman"... Some have definitely catch feeling over what crawford had to say here.

Comment

Working...
                      X