No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford: Golovkin Didn't Face Ward Due To Big Risk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
    I can't see Canelo making 155 for more then another year..that kid looks big as hell... And in another year a GGG fight will be the biggest fight in boxing really behind maybe the winner of Ward-Kovalev vs Stevenson at 175.. Or wilder klitshko perhaps....
    I agree he'll move onto 156-157 division lol cinnamon has fan base to not have to worry about fighting at 160 for next 2-3 years sucks and that puts him on time frame him and Oscar both said he'll test out full 160, GGG will be 36-37 going wait around for him? Fans are going get turned off him real quick if that's the case the casuals haven't bought into the hype and those are the ones he need to sell himself to fighting the mando's that's lined up atm not going cut it

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
      Not really sure what in my post suggested I was playing victim advocate for Canelo , but I'm thinking it may be your reading comprehension . All I said was that he is a innocent bystander as it pertains to "THIS" situation concerning the 160 strap that Cotto grabbed without having intentions to defend at its proper super middle weight limit
      Innocent bystander huh? You speak about my reading comprehension huh? So when has Cotto competed at (super middleweight again)??

Canelo isn't innocent. If he cant make 154, he should move to 160.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
        GGG is superior to Pac in almost every way..
        Lol. Please just put that in your sig as a sort of disclaimer so that people know you're not credible and they don't waste time reading your posts.

Pac has displayed more technical ability (footwork, speed, defense, etc) against great fighters in numerous weight classes than Golovkin has against all the C and D-level fighters at 160. Imagine Golovkin going against bigger guys the way Pac did. You think he'd put on that same kind of amazing spectacle? We'll never know because he is not even willing to try.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Of course it is. Golovkin holds a win over Murray and won't fight Lara so obviously you rate Murray higher P4P even though he is **** average.

Murray struggled to beat Sergey Khomitsky twice. In fact, he looked like **** in the fights between Martinez and Golovkin which were all against bums.

Lara has a far better resume and far better results in his division. What significant wins does Murray have? Skill wise, it isn't even a contest.

Erislandy Lara would be the best fighter GGG has ever shared a ring with. There's absolutely no question about that.
          So what significant wins does Lara have that justifies you rating him higher, not just than Murray, but also higher than Geale - a former unified and 3 time world champ, and Lemieux a reigning world champ?

Lara would not be a realistic opponent for GGG for a number of reasons. One is that he would expect to be paid too much. He gets $1million from Uncle Al for fighting nobodies.

Fair to say he would want more than that for GGG?

Probably as much as the $1.5million Lemieux earned for putting his IBF belt on the line?

And what would Lara bring to justify paying him anything like that much?

And have you not noticed how Lara, or rather, his manager, only start putting out these twitter challenges to Golovkin when they have a fight coming up?

Use your brain and stop being so fucking biased.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            Just wow.... imho, you are 4th member of the worst fanbase in boxing to have your credibility shattered within the last 2 days.

The golovtards are falling to pieces.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              So what significant wins does Lara have that justifies you rating him higher, not just than Murray, but also higher than Geale - a former unified and 3 time world champ, and Lemieux a reigning world champ?

Lara would not be a realistic opponent for GGG for a number of reasons. One is that he would expect to be paid too much. He gets $1million from Uncle Al for fighting nobodies.

Fair to say he would want more than that for GGG?

Probably as much as the $1.5million Lemieux earned for putting his IBF belt on the line?

And what would Lara bring to justify paying him anything like that much?

And have you not noticed how Lara, or rather, his manager, only start putting out these twitter challenges to Golovkin when they have a fight coming up?

Use your brain and stop being so fucking biased.
              Woah there, you can't just make up pay figures as a means of dismissing the argument. That's cheap and anyone can do that.

What makes Lara better? Schooling a giant Paul Williams, beating Trout, and giving Caleno a pretty even match. THAT's what makes him better than Murrary and Geale. I don't even like Lara, I think he's annoying as fk, but I also don't believe in lying about this stuff. Lara is better than anyone who will fight GGG at 160, though GG will probably win. GGG and his fans are shook though, and that is the cold truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                It's hilarious how Murray is suddenly some world beater.

I remember Golovkin fans criticising Martinez for taking an "easy fight" against Murray after being off a year instead of fighting Golovkin

What an awful fanbase.
                What I actually said was that neither Murray nor Lara are world beaters, but Murray is bigger and stronger than Lara.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  What I actually said was that neither Murray nor Lara are world beaters, but Murray is bigger and stronger than Lara.
                  How does being bigger and stronger make you better?

Skill wise, Murray isn't anywhere near Lara's level.

Lara's "loss" to Canelo is better than any of Murray's wins. If Golovkin goes in and destroys Lara then that's a direct comparison to Canelo and it builds interest in that fight.

Golovkin's people don't want to risk him against a "boring" (aka awkward) style in case GGG looks bad or worse, loses.

They prefer flatfooted punching bags like Murray. Bigger n stronger doe!

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Woah there, you can't just make up pay figures as a means of dismissing the argument. That's cheap and anyone can do that.

What makes Lara better? Schooling a giant Paul Williams, beating Trout, and giving Caleno a pretty even match. THAT's what makes him better than Murrary and Geale. I don't even like Lara, I think he's annoying as fk, but I also don't believe in lying about this stuff. Lara is better than anyone who will fight GGG at 160, though GG will probably win. GGG and his fans are shook though, and that is the cold truth.
                    I'm not making up figures. Lara was paid $1million for fighting Delvin Rodriguez.

Maybe he would fight GGG for $100k, just for a shot at the titles, like Willie Munroe did. But I doubt it.

Being robbed against Paul Williams, beating Austin Trout, and losing to Canelo, do not compare in any way to what Geale and Lemieux achieved at MW.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      Innocent bystander huh? You speak about my reading comprehension huh? So when has Cotto competed at (super middleweight again)??

Canelo isn't innocent. If he cant make 154, he should move to 160.
                      Correction (middleweight limit) .

Comment

Working...
                      X